Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
13 replies   4661 views

Description

I'm looking for some guidance from Assassin class experts regarding the fastest farming build with extra points for being mindless.

Right now I'm specced as classic trapsin level 90. I have all the cookie cutter gear (HotO,
Shako
, Spirit
Monarch
, 3xTrap GCs...), running 300% MF. I'm farming for my Enigma at the moment and I'm not having any problem doing Pit, Cows, Pindle+Eldritch+Shenk (that's my usual farm route). My dmg is 2600-3100 fireblast and ~5k LS trap dmg. The Merc is rocking
Tal
's
Mask
Eth
Treachery (~700def) and
Eth
Thresher
Insight (~700dmg). If he has
Fade
and no decrep, he can push through anything practically.

My question is, can I create a faster build? I feel that the trapsin loses a lot of time on every pull to set down traps and once they're down they also take time to start shooting. In the Pit I mown the packs pretty fast and I've started to feel that it's not worth to set down traps because it wastes time and have started resorting to
Fire Blast
which also feels bad because it's supposed to be a backup ability for Light immunes... Should I maybe look into Kick+
Death Sentry
? Riftsin? Hopefully these won't require a massive gear swap, I'd prefer to be able to reuse some/most of my stuff :)

Extra points for a mindless build! Right now on every pull I have to set down LS, DS and start aiming my
Fire Blast
skill. Ideally i'd like to play this with only one hand on the mouse!

Thanks
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

I'm looking for some guidance from Assassin class experts regarding the fastest farming build with extra points for being mindless.

Right now I'm specced as classic trapsin level 90. I have all the cookie cutter gear (HotO,
Shako
, Spirit
Monarch
, 3xTrap GCs...), running 300% MF. I'm farming for my Enigma at the moment and I'm not having any problem doing Pit, Cows, Pindle+Eldritch+Shenk (that's my usual farm route). My dmg is 2600-3100 fireblast and ~5k LS trap dmg. The Merc is rocking
Tal
's
Mask
Eth
Treachery (~700def) and
Eth
Thresher
Insight (~700dmg). If he has
Fade
and no decrep, he can push through anything practically.

My question is, can I create a faster build? I feel that the trapsin loses a lot of time on every pull to set down traps and once they're down they also take time to start shooting. In the Pit I mown the packs pretty fast and I've started to feel that it's not worth to set down traps because it wastes time and have started resorting to
Fire Blast
which also feels bad because it's supposed to be a backup ability for Light immunes... Should I maybe look into Kick+
Death Sentry
? Riftsin? Hopefully these won't require a massive gear swap, I'd prefer to be able to reuse some/most of my stuff :)

Extra points for a mindless build! Right now on every pull I have to set down LS, DS and start aiming my
Fire Blast
skill. Ideally i'd like to play this with only one hand on the mouse!

Thanks
Answeredby Naiphe2 years agoGo to post
So my mf character is an assassin. Has level 35 traps does something like 1-7k light sentry 1-3k death sentry and 4100 dmg fireblast. Its important to get good trap laying speed as it affects fire blast as well and massively boosts kill speed. Most of the time I lay traps at the edge of the screen and whatever was there is dead by the time I get there. I usually lay 3 ls+2 ds. My build is:

Lvl91
20 l sentry
20 d sentry
20 cb sentry
20 fire blast
20 shock Web
1 claw mastery
1 burst of speed.

There's literally nowhere in the game I can't go and kill quickly. I mainly do baal/diablo/andy/pit/pindle/shenk and eldritch each run. Also countess.

I have 422 mf, 45dr max block and max resists. Super tanky. Most important choice I made was a silence phase blade because hoto didn't give me enough ias. Silence phase, goldwrap and +skills gives me a super fast trap and Fire blast speed. Works really nice.
Your build is optimal. It's just not as good as you thought.
You're always going to be lagging behind pallys, sorc in DPS and clear.

I agree with you on fireblast though, it clears cows faster than my traps do.
OP
Ugh so boring! The whole point of Assassin was to not make another Sorc or HDin as a first character... It's like the game is forcing everyone to start as Sorc in order to farm the items for the character they actually want to play. Once that's done however you've already quit the game!
I feel exactly like you. I wanted to play something that wasn't sorc (which 99% of players rolled) but once you actually start playing you find you're crippled without
Teleport
to such a large degree it doesn't even make sense to play another char. Everyone's just farming for Enigma while sorcs just run meph and sell us all their loot.

Inb4 people say oh tele staff easy fix. Having charges to have to manage and repairing constantly adds up real quick.
OP
Telestaff doesn't work because you don't have enough FCR without HotO + Spirit to tele safely. You'd have to do Tele Amulet which again is garbage as the mean
Teleport
casts to for serious farming is much greater than 25 (which is the classic Amulet
Charge
count) and in general I don't want to incur 86k repair cost on every run (which is the repair cost for a lvl 2 Tele amulet I think).
So my mf character is an assassin. Has level 35 traps does something like 1-7k light sentry 1-3k
Death Sentry
and 4100 dmg fireblast. Its important to get good trap laying speed as it affects
Fire Blast
as well and massively boosts kill speed. Most of the time I lay traps at the Edge of the screen and whatever was there is dead by the time I get there. I usually lay 3 ls+2 ds. My build is:

Lvl91
20 l sentry
20 d sentry
20 cb sentry
Fire Blast

Shock Web

Claw Mastery

Burst of Speed

There's literally nowhere in the game I can't go and kill quickly. I mainly do
Baal
/diablo/andy/pit/pindle/shenk and eldritch each run. Also countess.

I have 422 mf, 45dr max block and max resists. Super tanky. Most important choice I made was a Silence
Phase Blade
because hoto didn't give me enough ias. Silence phase,
Goldwrap
and +skills gives me a super fast trap and
Fire Blast
speed. Works really nice.
This post was marked as the best answer.
Use Nats go Phoenix you set
422 is insane

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
I play a trap/kicksin hybrid.
My default route is
Arcane Sanctuary
/
Travincal
/
Nihlathak
/
Baal
. The build is fast, efficient, doesn't care about any immunity combination, doesn't need Enigma or Infinity to work, can farm ubers easily and is overall a blast to play.
On the downside there is not much room for MF on gear so I mainly use my assassin for base/rune/
Key
hunting. Imo nothing can beat a sorceress for MF until you get your hands on Enigma anyway.
Zelym wrote: 2 years ago
My default route is
Arcane Sanctuary
/
Travincal
/
Nihlathak
/
Baal
. The build is fast, efficient, doesn't care about any immunity combination, doesn't need Enigma or Infinity to work, can farm ubers easily and is overall a blast to play.
On the downside there is not much room for MF on gear so I mainly use my assassin for base/rune/
Key
hunting. Imo nothing can beat a sorceress for MF until you get your hands on Enigma anyway.
Are you playing Rift sin?
make sure you are stacking you
Lightning Sentry
too. ups the kill speed emmesly. as they will focus fire down enemies. having them spead out takes longer. this is really tough to do on controller as you auto target so it wants to put the trap on top of the enemy you may need to stack traps and kite enemies to them if thats the case.
also after the last patch traps
Teleport
to you so you can keep moving.

xSD 143

Barbarian Americas PC
MarcWizard wrote: 2 years ago
Zelym wrote: 2 years ago
My default route is
Arcane Sanctuary
/
Travincal
/
Nihlathak
/
Baal
Key
This type of assassin works best with a Crescent Moon runeword instead of kicksin. Slap a
Shael
Um
Tir
in a 3os PB and you get CtC Static and CL, ITD, -35% enemy light res and pretty much hit all required IAS break points with a little bit of help.

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
MarcWizard wrote: 2 years ago
Not really, I play a similar build but the weapons I use are
Azurewrath
and
Stormlash

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...