Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
13 replies   383 views

Description

Basically, the question posed by the topic. Just looking at the skill trees, it seems like an Iron Wolf divvying up
Enchant
to all of one's
Raise Skeleton
minions could add a fair bit of damage, between the fire damage (which is comparable to the physical damage of the skellies themselves) and the AR boost. Does anyone have any experience using this combination? If so, does the merc do a good job of keeping
Enchant
up on all of the skellies?
Description by Aelanwyr

Can be used to make Runewords:

Basically, the question posed by the topic. Just looking at the skill trees, it seems like an Iron Wolf divvying up
Enchant
to all of one's
Raise Skeleton
minions could add a fair bit of damage, between the fire damage (which is comparable to the physical damage of the skellies themselves) and the AR boost. Does anyone have any experience using this combination? If so, does the merc do a good job of keeping
Enchant
up on all of the skellies?
Answeredby luizgeo1 week agoGo to post
The thing is that the Iron Wolf does not cast Enchant very often, is something like once or twice per minute. Eventually he will cast on everyone, but it will take a while.

But the main downpoint IMO is that Enchant is fire damage, so Amplify Damage / Decrepify won't help it all.

I would stick to a Might Act II merc, maybe an Act I archer with a Faith or Mist bow. Or Act V merc with Last Wish (if you are rich enough).

All trades are Switch only :)

Active most nights on Switch (Friend Code: 8500-1494-0819) from 0200-0500 UTC+00:00

Thank you 2.4 for making all of my wildest dreams come true!
The thing is that the Iron Wolf does not cast
Enchant
very often, is something like once or twice per minute. Eventually he will cast on everyone, but it will take a while.

But the main downpoint IMO is that
Enchant
is fire damage, so
Amplify Damage
/
Decrepify
won't help it all.

I would stick to a Might Act II merc, maybe an Act I archer with a Faith or Mist bow. Or Act V merc with Last Wish (if you are rich enough).
This post was marked as the best answer.

atari 507

Europe XLinux
I have an ironwolf with
Enchant
on my lvl 90 uber
Frenzy
barb and while the bonus to ar is nice, the fire dmg isn't worth it:

BTW the Fire Iron Wolf is incredible: I use them on each of my melee chars that have a lot of Crushing Blow - i prefer the
Enchant
over the Might aura. It means less damage, but as my Crushing Blow is really high (at least 60, 70%) it make up for the damage decrease.
The
Enchant
skill has it's value in AR boost, not as much in the fire dmg it provides.
OP
Bear in mind, though:
Raise Skeleton
, even at high level, will only deal a few hundred damage (e.g. 800 at slvl 45 Summon
Skeleton
and
Skeleton Mastery
). Adding the 257-300 fire damage shown above would be a not-insignificant increase in damage once you consider there are a dozen of them dishing it out.

A slvl 20 Might aura provides +230% damage. Skeletons already have enhanced damage natively from the skill itself, which means that +230% would be applied to the skeletons' base damage (which would be around 200 in the previous example).

But yes, the point about
Amplify Damage
synergizing better with Might still stands. Well, thanks for the insights, all, particularly regarding the casting frequency. I was just curious if anyone had tried it :)

Active most nights on Switch (Friend Code: 8500-1494-0819) from 0200-0500 UTC+00:00

Aelanwyr wrote: 1 week ago
Bear in mind, though:
Raise Skeleton
, even at high level, will only deal a few hundred damage (e.g. 800 at slvl 45 Summon
Skeleton
and
Skeleton Mastery
). Adding the 257-300 fire damage shown above would be a not-insignificant increase in damage once you consider there are a dozen of them dishing it out.
Yes, then again, all of those skeletons will require prebuffing stage of several minutes, which is just inconvenient for nonfrustrating gameplay.

On paper I agree it looks good :´)
OP
Lilithian wrote: 1 week ago

Yes, then again, all of those skeletons will require prebuffing stage of several minutes, which is just inconvenient for nonfrustrating gameplay.

On paper I agree it looks good :´)
lol, that's the rub, isn't it?

Might just have to just give it a try myself, see how I feel about it. Worst comes to worst, I just hire Gulzar back again :P

Bear in mind, though:
Raise Skeleton
Skeleton
and
Skeleton Mastery

A slvl 20 Might aura provides +230% damage. Skeletons already have enhanced damage natively from the skill itself, which means that +230% would be applied to the skeletons' base damage (which would be around 200 in the previous example).

But yes, the point about
Amplify Damage
synergizing better with Might still stands. Well, thanks for the insights, all, particularly regarding the casting frequency. I was just curious if anyone had tried it :)
If you're using the Iron Wolf merc for his
Enchant
on your summons then surely
Lower Resist
would synergise better? And at that point you might as well go all in on Skellie Mages as well. I'm tempted to try this on ladder reset.
Stofsk wrote: 1 week ago
Bear in mind, though:
Raise Skeleton
Skeleton
and
Skeleton Mastery

But yes, the point about
Amplify Damage
If you're using the Iron Wolf merc for his
Enchant
on your summons then surely
Lower Resist
would synergise better? And at that point you might as well go all in on Skellie Mages as well. I'm tempted to try this on ladder reset.
Lower Resist
by itself does not break a lot of imunities :(
luizgeo wrote: 1 week ago
BTW the Fire Iron Wolf is incredible: I use them on each of my melee chars that have a lot of Crushing Blow - i prefer the
Enchant
over the Might aura. It means less damage, but as my Crushing Blow is really high (at least 60, 70%) it make up for the damage decrease.
I prefer to stick with aura of the others Merc and get
Enchant
from Item (mainly
Demon Limb
and Obedience - with Were Druids I don't use Call To Arms or
Teleport
, as you have to revert to Human form to cast the skills..., so I use Obedience on swap)

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
Lower Resist
You may use a
Flame Rift
when summoning the Minions.
(The "sunder effect" is snapshotted)

TheDoo 321

Europe PC
fredkid wrote: 1 week ago
Lower Resist
You may use a
Flame Rift
when summoning the Minions.
(The "sunder effect" is snapshotted)
Yeah somebody already mentioned this before that the Sunder charm apparently work on some minions like Skelies for example but doesn't work for all (and it doesn't work for Merc) I think, or something along those lines. I know it sounded very weird when I read about it. However don't know if that is completely true...

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
Your Minions get the effect of the Sunders that you have equipped when summon them. (your
Iron Golem
, if you have one, is technically re-summoned each time you start a new game)
(I tested once
Bone Break
with Skeletons/Golem - they could damage a
Wraith
)

Your Merc will never get the effect of your Sunders.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...