Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   1848 views

Will Fire facet benefit on barb from another chars enchant

No data yet

Description

Hey all,

If I throw a 5/5 fire facet into my barbs gear and then my sorc enchants him, will that 5 percent fire skill damage get added to the damage provided by another char? So like, if my sorc has + 100
Enchant
and enchants barb, will he get 105 fire damage bc of facet?I saw a previous forum topic that seemed to indicate that it would but wanted to confirm.

Additionally, on barb, if I socket a 5/5 fire facet into his main hand weapon and he gets enchanted by my sorc, will his off hand weapon (without a facet) receive either of the perks from the fire facet on his main hand? Pretty sure it won’t, but wanted some clarification.

Thanks!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Rik 132

Americas PC
Hey all,

If I throw a 5/5 fire facet into my barbs gear and then my sorc enchants him, will that 5 percent fire skill damage get added to the damage provided by another char? So like, if my sorc has + 100
Enchant
and enchants barb, will he get 105 fire damage bc of facet?I saw a previous forum topic that seemed to indicate that it would but wanted to confirm.

Additionally, on barb, if I socket a 5/5 fire facet into his main hand weapon and he gets enchanted by my sorc, will his off hand weapon (without a facet) receive either of the perks from the fire facet on his main hand? Pretty sure it won’t, but wanted some clarification.

Thanks!
I think for question one the answer is no. The increased skill damage should only work for the character casting it.
As for question two the -enemy fire resistance should work no matter where it is socketed.
To take full advantage of a fire facet with
Enchant
you'd have to cast it on yourself, say for instance with a ranger sorc build.
It might be possible to also use items with %chance to cast
Enchant
like Obedience but I'm not sure. The -enemy fire res will certainly work but not sure about the fire skill damage.
Insomnia wrote: 1 year ago
I think for question one the answer is no. The increased skill damage should only work for the character casting it.
I would think that in this case, the Sorc casting
Enchant
on the barb, that the facet would help since it is the Barb that is causing the fire damage when he swings his enchanted sword.

Edit: apparently this isn't the case, Insomnia is correct. The way I read the explanation was that it isn't the Barbarians fire damage it is still the original casters. But if the Barbarian was the one to cast
Enchant
on himself then the facet would work.
This video would seem to indicate that a facet will indeed increase the fire damage you do from being enchanted. Or any elemental damage on your character.

Schnorki 3168Moderator

PC
After just deleting a rather lengthy rant as to how bad, misleading, vague and in parts just plain wrong that video is, with regards to the actual original question here:

Yes it works and yes it works for both weapons.

Enchant
double-dips. What that means is the following:
1) When a sorc casts
Enchant
, the bonus fire damage she applies with that is based on the base
Enchant
damage, multiplied by the entirety of the sorc's %fire dmg (
Fire Mastery
, facets, ...). So say a sorc has 200 base
Enchant
dmg and a total 200% bonus fire dmg, her
Enchant
will add 200 * 3 = 600 fire damage.
2) When an enchanted unit attacks, the damage it received via the above
Enchant
will be multiplied a second time (hence double-dip), this time by the %fire dmg of the attacking unit at the time of the attack.

As a result, if the same sorc enchanted herself, she would then do 1800 dmg from
Enchant
(600 * 3) whereas if she enchanted a barb with say 10% from facets, he would do 660 from
Enchant
(600 * 1.1).

See also https://d2.lc/AB/wiki/indexd395.html
(ignore the part about it not working for ranged, that's what the last patch has changed)

When you look at say 1 facet each in your weapons, the flat 17-45 fire damage it adds is considered a weapon stat and only applies to attacks with that one weapon, meaning your offhand fire dmg isn't added to mainhand attacks. The %fire dmg however is rolled into your core stats, meaning if you have 5 on each weapon, they both use the full combined 10%.

See also https://d2.lc/AB/wiki/indexfe43.html
OP

Rik 132

Americas PC
Thank you for your replies! :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...