Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   589 views

Description

Were the summons just eye candy, because of low damage and undirectible AI? Cause in shapeshift you have no
Teleport
It sounds like a ton of fun but ultimately frustrating because of what I said above.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Were the summons just eye candy, because of low damage and undirectible AI? Cause in shapeshift you have no
Teleport
It sounds like a ton of fun but ultimately frustrating because of what I said above.
I did. Got some +4 max/summon grand charms thinking it would be great to have a menagerie of animals with me at the helm.

It looks great on paper and it doesn't work. You will be constantly outrunning your circus, so their damage output is little to none. Usually they'd
Teleport
midway on your path to enemies and not when you'd want them, or after enemies are already dead. Pity.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
OP
Queegon wrote: 2 weeks ago
I did. Got some +4 max/shape grand charms thinking it would be great to have a menagerie of animals with me at the helm.

It looks great on paper and it doesn't work. You will be constantly outrunning your circus, so their damage output is little to none. Usually they'd
Teleport
midway on your path to enemies and not when you'd want them, or after enemies are already dead. Pity.
Damn it's a shame, seems like such a cool looking Idea. I saw thay Delirium has atrract charges, that could be useful with summons, but probably isnt useable in shapeshift
I have a Fury Druid, and had a lot of +X Summon items to swap an the start of the run to build a stronger army (almost +20)
But in practical, even with the extra levels, most of the summons (even Bear) ended up dying soon and I re-summoned them (without the level bonus, as I would not get back to town just for this...)
In the end, now I use the +X Summon equipments only vs Ubers / DClone ...

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
My Fury druid uses summons most like a shield. They are good to spread damage around and makes the gameplay safer, as you are a melee without area damage. But don't count on them to kill stuff.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation