Use it (33%)
Keep it (8%)
Trade it (58%)
Total votes: 12
Total votes: 12

Description

I've been holding onto a perfect 5/5
Rainbow Facet: Lightning Level-up
jewel that dropped while I was doing the story in hell for a while now while waiting to aquire a
Griffon's Eye
. Last night I finally got the
Diadem
drop on a CS run.
My first ever Griffon's Eye.  Dropped from a random mob in CS
My first ever Griffon's Eye. Dropped from a random mob in CS
Only issue is that the
Griffon's Eye
is exactly the opposite of my rainbow facet, rolled -15/10. It should be noted I'm still working on getting Infinity for my merc whose currently weilding a Reaper's Toll and I'm also rocking a
Demon's Arch
for my weapon. No Enigma or Fortitude for me or merc yet either. My question is: Do I go ahead and socket my facet into the subpar giffon's, attempt to aquire a better griffon's, or trade the rainbow facet?

Can be used to make Runewords:

I've been holding onto a perfect 5/5
Rainbow Facet: Lightning Level-up
jewel that dropped while I was doing the story in hell for a while now while waiting to aquire a
Griffon's Eye
. Last night I finally got the
Diadem
drop on a CS run.
My first ever Griffon's Eye.  Dropped from a random mob in CS
My first ever Griffon's Eye. Dropped from a random mob in CS
Only issue is that the
Griffon's Eye
is exactly the opposite of my rainbow facet, rolled -15/10. It should be noted I'm still working on getting Infinity for my merc whose currently weilding a Reaper's Toll and I'm also rocking a
Demon's Arch
for my weapon. No Enigma or Fortitude for me or merc yet either. My question is: Do I go ahead and socket my facet into the subpar giffon's, attempt to aquire a better griffon's, or trade the rainbow facet?
Answeredby Dromar1861 month agoGo to post
I'd use or trade it. The plus for a trade is you can sell a -5-5 for a Ber, trade the Ber for 6-7 Ist and buy a -4-4 for around 3 Ist and pocket the remaining. The idea is since this is a bad Griffon's roll, you wont miss the -1-1 of the not perfect facet much. This can be too much of a hassle though for a few Ists of value.

Either way, a bad Griffon's roll is still a Griffon's, and you could use it in the meantime you build the rest of your gear, Infinity, Titan's and such.
Sounds like you’re better off just using it! Facets are fairly common, griffons are pretty rare.

It’ll make a difference for your javazon - wont break immunities, but will help the non-imbues drop faster
I'd use or trade it. The plus for a trade is you can sell a -5-5 for a
Ber
, trade the
Ber
for 6-7
Ist
and buy a -4-4 for around 3
Ist
and pocket the remaining. The idea is since this is a bad Griffon's roll, you wont miss the -1-1 of the not perfect facet much. This can be too much of a hassle though for a few Ists of value.

Either way, a bad Griffon's roll is still a Griffon's, and you could use it in the meantime you build the rest of your gear, Infinity, Titan's and such.
This post was marked as the best answer.
If you don't have the others "good" equipment for your build (don't have yet the runes or base for Infinity/Enigma/Fortitude or don't have a
Titan's Revenge
for example) you probably will increase more your overall power by trading for High runes to help buy them, than using the jewel on the Griffon.

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
Dromar186 wrote: 1 month ago
I'd use or trade it. The plus for a trade is you can sell a -5-5 for a
Ber
, trade the
Ber
for 6-7
Ist
and buy a -4-4 for around 3
Ist
and pocket the remaining. The idea is since this is a bad Griffon's roll, you wont miss the -1-1 of the not perfect facet much. This can be too much of a hassle though for a few Ists of value.

Seconded. Pick up a lower facet and use the griffons. Sell the perfect facet to build up other gear.

I've got a
Ber
for it btw. I have an unfaceted 19/14 griff.

mhlg 843

Americas PC
A little more is always better, but a -15/10 Griffon's with a 5/5 lightning Jewel along with a Crack of Heavens sunder is all you need to make a formidable
Charged Strike
Lightning Fury
Javazon.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
OP
Okay, thank you all for your votes. Trade seems to have won the vote and has provided the most compelling evidence for it's implimentation.
Azmenar3764 wrote: 1 month ago
Okay, thank you all for your votes. Trade seems to have won the vote and has provided the most compelling evidence for it's implimentation.
On this website they seem to go for
Ber
to
Jah
. They regularly sell in game for 2
Jah
. Shop around. The value difference between 1
Ber
and 2
Jah
is huge.

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...