Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
83 replies   11705 views

Everything that we, as a community, believe needs to be fixed or improved in D2R

No data yet

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

atari 454

Europe XLinux
Different appearance for
Key of Terror
Key of Hate
and
Key of Destruction

(Was posted multiple times before by others, but will post again to hit the point home)

Add /players functionality to online bnet non ladder. I Dream of the day I can test out my lvl 95 barb on P8 (and reap the rewards). Highest I've yet to experience is P3, due to how short lived most pub games are.

That's it! That one change alone is all I could ever ask/hope for. Putting all my votes into that one basket.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
Give every class some kind of movement skill so it's easier to choose something other than Enigma for the endgame, especially for a necromancer. This is honestly one of the main things I miss about PoE.

I'd settle for them just putting
Teleport
on all the glowy sets. Trang's should have it anyway. Dracula has a
Teleport
phase in every Castlevania, and that's obviously what they were going for by giving vampires fire powers.

PS: Stop making me actually equip
Khalim's Will
and the
Hellforge Hammer
. It was cute 20 years ago.
007Bistromath wrote: 1 year ago
Give every class some kind of movement skill so it's easier to choose something other than Enigma for the endgame, especially for a necromancer. This is honestly one of the main things I miss about PoE.

Teleport
Teleport
phase in every Castlevania, and that's obviously what they were going for by giving vampires fire powers.
there are
Teleport
staves. and not every class needs a
Teleport
I also read a thread here where ppl complain about
Teleport
and I don't understand why... even stuff like "
Teleport
is breaking the game" came up. that's utter nonsense.

a barb can
Leap
, a pala can
Charge
, a druid can run fast, a java is fast by nature, an assassin has
Teleport
or get a
Naj's Puzzler
. it has 69 (nice) charges and let's you get around.
this should be plenty to get you around until you have an Enigma :D

ok, necro is screwed. he needs ik/
Natalya
Boots
+ cat's eye. 70% run speed babyyyyyyy or have your handy pocket paladin with
Vigor
around at all times OR get act1 merc and give her a Harmony. lvl10
Vigor
aura. necro go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
yeah, get a naj's for the necro.
seriously, tho, teleporting is not at all game breaking.

The necro is screwed, and he's the one that needs it most because of his minions. It's horrible. My past couple mains have been blessed with skill/
Teleport
amulets, and it is SO much better, even if I have to pay to recharge it, so I can't fully abuse it like I could with Enigma. And those things don't grow on trees.

And yes, teleporting is game breaking if you use it right. Game breaking in a good way that needs to be more available to every class, as a QoL modernization. There are many zones that are much faster and more pleasant to traverse once you have
Teleport
, especially the really easily readable ones like Maggot Lair or Forgotten Tower. It can completely alter the experience, so I can totally understand gating it to like late Nightmare. But by then, you've felt the game as it was meant to be, and you should really have the option to take out some of the slog.
Teleport
does that in a big way.

PS: Please move Cain to the top of the stairs in
Harrogath
, in between
Larzuk
and
Malah
. He is so far away from the box, I hate it.
The necro is screwed, and he's the one that needs it most because of his minions. It's horrible. My past couple mains have been blessed with skill/
Teleport
amulets, and it is SO much better, even if I have to pay to recharge it, so I can't fully abuse it like I could with Enigma. And those things don't grow on trees.

And yes, teleporting is game breaking if you use it right. Game breaking in a good way that needs to be more available to every class, as a QoL modernization. There are many zones that are much faster and more pleasant to traverse once you have
Teleport
, especially the really easily readable ones like Maggot Lair or Forgotten Tower. It can completely alter the experience, so I can totally understand gating it to like late Nightmare. But by then, you've felt the game as it was meant to be, and you should really have the option to take out some of the slog.
Teleport
does that in a big way.

PS: Please move Cain to the top of the stairs in
Harrogath
, in between
Larzuk
and
Malah
. He is so far away from the box, I hate it.
yeah, I know. I agree that the summon necro AND the hammerdin desperately need and Enigma for the repositioning.
there is a skill in d3 for the hammerdin that keeps your hammers on you but somehow I didn't enjoy that.
so yeah, Enigma for these two. the rest? meh. didn't bother me much.

Crispin wrote: 1 year ago

Teleport
Teleport
there are
Teleport
Teleport
Teleport
Teleport

a barb can
Leap
, a pala can
Charge
Teleport
or get a
Naj's Puzzler

Natalya
Boots
Vigor
Vigor
drop rates for this game are pretty low and farming anything early and midgame with anything but a sorc is mind-numbing. It's litterally 10x or more efficient to farm things like keys unless you have Enigma, and staves with
Teleport
take up two whole slots (weapon and shield). Even if they had
Teleport
on 1handers that would be a big improvement and would allow more builds that without painfully low fcr. If you get super lucky you can find jewelry with
Teleport
but the odds that they are decent and have
Teleport
are tiny. Nobody is saying you can't make up for it in some way, but there is a reason almost every build has Enigma as endgame BIS, and that there are so many sorcs farming early ladder.
worstd2playerever wrote: 1 year ago

Teleport
Teleport
there are
Teleport
Teleport
Teleport
Teleport

a barb can
Leap
, a pala can
Charge
Teleport
or get a
Naj's Puzzler

Natalya
Boots
Vigor
Vigor
drop rates for this game are pretty low and farming anything early and midgame with anything but a sorc is mind-numbing. It's litterally 10x or more efficient to farm things like keys unless you have Enigma, and staves with
Teleport
take up two whole slots (weapon and shield). Even if they had
Teleport
on 1handers that would be a big improvement and would allow more builds that without painfully low fcr. If you get super lucky you can find jewelry with
Teleport
but the odds that they are decent and have
Teleport
are tiny. Nobody is saying you can't make up for it in some way, but there is a reason almost every build has Enigma as endgame BIS, and that there are so many sorcs farming early ladder.
hm hm
I just never understood the Enigma hype. my pally charges as fast as a sorc, with a normal player. I lose, of course, against a 200 fcr sorc, but other than that
Charge
is pretty comfy.
so, you talking endgame and flying like a sorc. then, of course, you need an Enigma AND very high fcr on your necro. otherwise your necci is not gonna fly :)

wale 39

Druid PC
Bug fixes for Assassin
Blade Fury
:
-
Claw Mastery
does not apply the attack rating bonus. It does apply the damage and
Critical Strike
chance.
- Character screen is totally unreliable, in terms of the damage and attack rating displayed
not even endgame though, a very basic-ass budget sorc can
Teleport
infinitely with a Insight merc
worstd2playerever wrote: 1 year ago
not even endgame though, a very basic-ass budget sorc can
Teleport
infinitely with a Insight merc
yes, true. the way I see it to have to differentiate between endgame farming/speed farming and the occasional repositioning of your horde with your necro.
for the repositioning and teleporting into cs or down to
Baal
naj's staff is more than enough.
for speedfarming you need an Enigma AND high fcr, still.
these are two different things imho

hm hm
I just never understood the Enigma hype. my pally charges as fast as a sorc, with a normal player. I lose, of course, against a 200 fcr sorc, but other than that
Charge
is pretty comfy.
so, you talking endgame and flying like a sorc. then, of course, you need an Enigma AND very high fcr on your necro. otherwise your necci is not gonna fly :)
You keep talking about
Charge
. Getting move speed is easy. If that could fix the problem, I wouldn't be complaining about it.

This isn't about running fast. It's about going through walls. It's about taking full advantage of your experience in reading the maps to make your farming more efficient, especially in the more obstructive tilesets. And for a necro, it's about get through the door you rattling idiots I am dying.

You know what I think would really fix this the best way it could be fixed? Just make +1
Teleport
something a high ilvl jewel can roll. Stick it in whatever you want that wasn't getting a runeword. Hell, allow a few more slightly busted mods like that on jewels, and suddenly you made rares great again, as long as they have sockets. You might see people actually using them and even trading them, instead of the BIS in every slot almost always being some runeword or unique.

I'd be a little disappointed since I really want to run full Trang's and that means everything that could get sockets is that instead. But I do have my amulet, and if it were just a bit easier to get
Teleport
, I'd at least be less able to complain about choosing against it.
hm hm
Charge
is pretty comfy.
You keep talking about
Charge
. Getting move speed is easy. If that could fix the problem, I wouldn't be complaining about it.

This isn't about running fast. It's about going through walls. It's about taking full advantage of your experience in reading the maps to make your farming more efficient, especially in the more obstructive tilesets. And for a necro, it's about get through the door you rattling idiots I am dying.

You know what I think would really fix this the best way it could be fixed? Just make +1
Teleport
something a high ilvl jewel can roll. Stick it in whatever you want that wasn't getting a runeword. Hell, allow a few more slightly busted mods like that on jewels, and suddenly you made rares great again, as long as they have sockets. You might see people actually using them and even trading them, instead of the BIS in every slot almost always being some runeword or unique.
the way I read this, the naj staff on my necro is still enough to get down into cs, down to
Baal
, through arcane and behind walls in general. for me, I don't see the need of an Enigma for my necro because I have the staff.

I do understand that this bothers you.

you can use the jewels that have stats not useful to you for crafting. I like the idea of a
Teleport
jewel. it's another way to get a
Teleport
on a character.

Yeah, I'm aware that Enigma isn't the only thing in the whole game that can plug this hole. I've got one of the existing things that can do it, and there are certainly some more common solutions. But the idea of having it on a staff is honestly worse than the hit I'm taking on my resists from wearing this amulet. One of the reasons I complained earlier in this thread about having to smash the Compelling Orb and Meph's soulstone is that switching weapons is really annoying for me. Like a fifth of my army falls apart whenever I have to do it. Earlier in the game, especially the first time I have to do it, it might be more like half of them. This creates busywork that really sours the victory of clearing that milestone.
Yeah, I'm aware that Enigma isn't the only thing in the whole game that can plug this hole. I've got one of the existing things that can do it, and there are certainly some more common solutions. But the idea of having it on a staff is honestly worse than the hit I'm taking on my resists from wearing this amulet. One of the reasons I complained earlier in this thread about having to smash the Compelling Orb and Meph's soulstone is that switching weapons is really annoying for me. Like a fifth of my army falls apart whenever I have to do it. Earlier in the game, especially the first time I have to do it, it might be more like half of them. This creates busywork that really sours the victory of clearing that milestone.
true, that is a valid problem. your +skill needs to be very high that this doesn't happen. I have the naj in my 2nd wep slot.
my
Raise Skeleton
is at 40 and
Skeleton Mastery
is 42 and when I switch I lose 2 of my 15 skeletons.
that is a plus point for the Enigma.

Deleted User 632 0

change
Teleport
to not only port the player and minions but also party players in short proximity. meaning you sort of just
Teleport
close to you're friends to pick them up and port them around. or another fun idea. you could also pick up enemies. this could be both a risk and a useful way to round up enemies.

Schnorki 3185Moderator

PC
Udyret wrote: 1 year ago
change
Teleport
to not only port the player and minions but also party players in short proximity. meaning you sort of just
Teleport
close to you're friends to pick them up and port them around. or another fun idea. you could also pick up enemies. this could be both a risk and a useful way to round up enemies.
So...rather than going hostile to PK folks you just
Teleport
them into a pack of dolls or souls against their will without even having to go hostile and hence giving them no way to defend?

Yeah, I can see no way that could possibly go wrong.. :D

Deleted User 632 0

Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
change
Teleport
Teleport
Teleport
them into a pack of dolls or souls against their will without even having to go hostile and hence giving them no way to defend?

haha. yea. should probably not make the pickup radius too large. so you can still possibly escape from cases like that. and have a max cap for how many you can port. and you would also be picking up monsters from that pack of dolls / souls. so you would probably get killed if you try that.

Schnorki 3185Moderator

PC
change
Teleport
Teleport
Teleport

haha. yea. should probably not make the pickup radius too large. so you can still possibly escape from cases like that. and have a max cap for how many you can port. and you would also be picking up monsters from that pack of dolls / souls. so you you would probably get killed if you try that.
Unless you make that a hard opt in/out feature (which would result in it being too convoluted to be used probably), there is no defending against it. If I can
Teleport
to get you killed, I can also
Teleport
on top of you to pick you up. And with decent FCR or in the middle of random fighting, there's no way you react/can walk away fast enough to avoid it.

It'd also make Enigma even more obligatory than it is already as it now becomes a critical tool for defense against trolling so you can "counter-
Teleport
".

Deleted User 632 0

Teleport

haha. yea. should probably not make the pickup radius too large. so you can still possibly escape from cases like that. and have a max cap for how many you can port. and you would also be picking up monsters from that pack of dolls / souls. so you you would probably get killed if you try that.
Unless you make that a hard opt in/out feature (which would result in it being too convoluted to be used probably), there is no defending against it. If I can
Teleport
to get you killed, I can also
Teleport
on top of you to pick you up. And with decent FCR or in the middle of random fighting, there's no way you react/can walk away fast enough to avoid it.

It'd also make Enigma even more obligatory than it is already as it now becomes a critical tool for defense against trolling so you can "counter-
Teleport
".
i guess you could just make it enemies only. and friends could turn hostile on you if they wanted to get ported.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...