Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   10307 views

Double Flickering Flame for Enchantress with Act1 Merc?

No data yet

Description

Hi everyone,

I've got this crazy (or not that crazy?) idea yesterday.

Flickering Flame for Act 1 Merc deffo makes sense for her arrow skills. My stupid question is: do
Resist Fire
auras and - to enemy fire resist actually stuck?

Happy to know your opinion on that.
Description by undertea

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi everyone,

I've got this crazy (or not that crazy?) idea yesterday.

Flickering Flame for Act 1 Merc deffo makes sense for her arrow skills. My stupid question is: do
Resist Fire
auras and - to enemy fire resist actually stuck?

Happy to know your opinion on that.
As far as i know if there are multiple auras of the same type in the party, only the highest level will be effective, so no, they do not stack. Also the -fire res only applies to the wearer of the item.
What Repatarurgyan said.
Repatarurgyan wrote: 1 year ago
As far as i know if there are multiple auras of the same type in the party, only the highest level will be effective, so no, they do not stack. Also the -fire res only applies to the wearer of the item.
You are half correct. If multiple sources of aura are applied only highest counts.

But
Resist Fire
boost fire res of all party members including mercenaries.
episparh wrote: 1 year ago
Repatarurgyan wrote: 1 year ago
You are half correct. If multiple sources of aura are applied only highest counts.

But
Resist Fire
As I understood it, the question was what happens when the character and the merc both have the aura, will they stack or not.

Schnorki 3189Moderator

PC
Well, it has been answered twice already. Though I'm not sure why the second answer disagreed with the correct first that said the same thing. So maybe third time's the charm:

The auras will not stack. If you have the same aura from items on the same character, they will actually add up but since you spread them over yourself and a merc here, they won't add but only the highest of them will take effect. As such, the second (lower aura) flickering will not do anything in that regard. That effective highest aura is applied to everyone in range (overwriting a lower one you yourself may have active).

-res is kind of the same thing, minus the application to others. -res does stack from items on the same character but not with items from other characters. Additionally, -res from items only applies to the char/merc wearing it so having -10 yourself and -10 on your merc means you both have -10 but neither of you has -20.
The exception to that is -res applied via auras or curses (
Conviction
, lower res) which does work for everyone hitting the target though the same "highest one wins" rule still applies if you have for example multiple convictions around.
But
Resist Fire
You misunderstood Repatarurgyan's "Also the -fire res only applies to the wearer of the item."
They weren't talking about the
Resist Fire
aura. They were talking about the "-X% to Enemy Fire Resistance" mod.

Interestingly, two people misunderstood them too and liked your post with unnecessary correction, haha.
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Well, it has been answered twice already. Though I'm not sure why the second answer disagreed with the correct first that said the same thing. So maybe third time's the charm:

The auras will not stack. If you have the same aura from items on the same character, they will actually add up but since you spread them over yourself and a merc here, they won't add but only the highest of them will take effect. As such, the second (lower aura) flickering will not do anything in that regard. That effective highest aura is applied to everyone in range (overwriting a lower one you yourself may have active).

-res is kind of the same thing, minus the application to others. -res does stack from items on the same character but not with items from other characters. Additionally, -res from items only applies to the char/merc wearing it so having -10 yourself and -10 on your merc means you both have -10 but neither of you has -20.
The exception to that is -res applied via auras or curses (
Conviction
, lower res) which does work for everyone hitting the target though the same "highest one wins" rule still applies if you have for example multiple convictions around.
My comment was to clear misconception given in the first answer that states that
Resist Fire
applies only to wearer which is false.

Only flat -% res applies only to wearer while
Resist Fire
adds resistance to all party members
iamergo wrote: 1 year ago
But
Resist Fire
You misunderstood Repatarurgyan's "Also the -fire res only applies to the wearer of the item."
Resist Fire

Interestingly, two people misunderstood them too and liked your post with unnecessary correction, haha.
Yeah, -res is not clear like -% res
iamergo wrote: 1 year ago
But
Resist Fire
Resist Fire

Yeah, -res is not clear like -% res
Yep, the "-" was not really emphasized so it was a bit misleading from my comment

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation