Schnorki 3190Moderator

PC
Leon wrote: 2 years ago
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
BaldurGK wrote: 2 years ago

Wait, what?!
Now that ladder season has started
Griffon's Eye
and Andy's are ladder only items again?!
They are not.
The only ladder-only items are the newly added ladder runewords which will also become non-ladder after the season ends.
Well I never saw an official statement regarding this, but since Ladder RWs still work in NL you are right (just build a Spirit to test it myself and it worked).
Now I´m kind of upset to have grinded a ladder char the last 2 days when I could have sticked to NL...

Then someone should also update the RW and Unique DB, still shows old ladder RWs as ladder only as well.
Well, the DB is still accurate for D2, rather than D2:R.

As for the ladder char: Keep it for dclone ;)
I think it’s good that people don’t need to play ladder just to make the new runewords anymore. Now it’s just about whomever wants to (
Sacrifice
other parts of their life to) be competitive. But it’s pretty damn hard for regular people to compete against jsp and teams obviously, so the rank feels kind of arbitrary.

I think less players playing ladder is good for ladder and good for non ladder.
thats the thing tho. Devs never said you will be able to make the new runewords on NL. they said the already made items will roll over just like before D2R, which should mean that you can only create them on ladder.

hopefully we get some concrete details on this sooner or later.
heres the bit from their post that talks about ladder only items.
OP
TradenD2R wrote: 2 years ago
thats the thing tho. Devs never said you will be able to make the new runewords on NL. they said the already made items will roll over just like before D2R, which should mean that you can only create them on ladder.

Just gotta look @ what they did with previous Ladder-only runewords. Can't imagine why it would be any different this time around. Should be able to make them on NL eventually.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
yeah, it isnt hard for people to look at it this way or that way tho.

Hmm yeah I guess that statement is ambiguous just cause it doesn’t address the issue. For some reason I thought there was consensus in the community that NL would continue to have all recipes from all old seasons, but I don’t remember where I first heard that.

Schnorki 3190Moderator

PC
moonlit wrote: 2 years ago

Hmm yeah I guess that statement is ambiguous just cause it doesn’t address the issue. For some reason I thought there was consensus in the community that NL would continue to have all recipes from all old seasons, but I don’t remember where I first heard that.
They mentioned that as their then current plan in the dev stream but I believe it hasn't been confirmed (or denied) since.
oh ok great. I watched the dev streamed earlier and well, they do say it is the plan. cool, good to know theyre leaning towards one more than the other.

I will most likely do some ladder to get some of those harder runewords just in case. (Obsession)
oh ok great. I watched the dev streamed earlier and well, they do say it is the plan. cool, good to know theyre leaning towards one more than the other.

I will most likely do some ladder to get some of those harder runewords just in case. (Obsession)
Obsession is really interesting. I haven’t thought about sorc builds in a while…is it now BIS for stuff like prebuffing weird
Enchant
builds for bearsorc and multishot sorc?

Schnorki 3190Moderator

PC
moonlit wrote: 2 years ago

Obsession is really interesting. I haven’t thought about sorc builds in a while…is it now BIS for stuff like prebuffing weird
Enchant
builds for bearsorc and multishot sorc?
More than that actually. Obsession is specifically designed to meet sorc breakpoints it seems.
IF you can actually get the right 3/3/3 base for your build and then roll a solid Obsession on top of that, it is actually BiS flat out for some sorc builds, not just for prebuffing.

That's a pretty big if though :)
@Schnorki that’s great. I love the name too because you need to be obsessed with a certain skillset to keep rolling that runeword in that sweet 3/3/3 base. Gonna be some really expensive bases.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...