Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   2922 views

Description

What does anyone think about upping
Aldur's Rhythm
? Dual leach, 3 open sockets, very fast attack speed.
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

What does anyone think about upping
Aldur's Rhythm
? Dual leach, 3 open sockets, very fast attack speed.

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
If upped to a
Devil Star
using
Recipe: Elite Version of Set Weapon
, the one hand damage of
Aldur's Rhythm
changes to 83-115.

Btw, these 'upped' values/links to relevant recipes are going to be available throughout the sets database category after patch 1.37 drops tonight! :D

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Sadly, it'll still suck, much like the entire set (because of it). The reason being that it has no weapon ED, meaning your final damage will always just be terrible, compared to any 'real' weapon. :(

The flat add is roughly equivalent to 100% ed when upgraded which is..just sad. And even if you used the 3 sockets for 3x
Ohm
or something, you're still well below what other weapons offer in base damage.
They would need to redo the whole thing and make it into a
Caster Weapon
with fcr instead of ias and also the same with the other melee set bonuses. Make it in into a caster set. Full set adds some kind of form like Trang but that is more than cosmetic like a spectral Stag with
Teleport
charges. :)

Deleted User 632 0

would be cool if there was a two handed version of
Aldur's Rhythm
made for shapeshifters too.
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
If upped to a
Devil Star
using
Recipe: Elite Version of Set Weapon
, the one hand damage of
Aldur's Rhythm
changes to 83-115.

Btw, these 'upped' values/links to relevant recipes are going to be available throughout the sets database category after patch 1.37 drops tonight! :D
Nerdiest. Answer. Ever. But, cuts right to the point. Then followed by a shameless plug, almost like Teebs is proud of the work or something. (You should be. YOU can actually implement a patch and not break everything. Has Blizzard called you yet? They should.)

Since the answer seems to be, "It'll suck, still", may I be forgiven for hijacking the thread with a tangentially but possibly interesting question of, "Given Aldur's will still suck, are there any upped set items that have the potential to NOT suck? Or items that should be considered for upping? Any thoughts on sleeper sets, as in, lowbie sets that when upped might be surprisingly good?" Well, that is three questions. I'm a D2 player, so greedy by default. Not that anything will be the new BiS, but maybe something or a set will suddenly turn into a viable end game item until one can get that BiS item.

I was thinking most of the IK pieces to keep pace with the elite armor if one wants to run IK in Hell, but that is about it.
They should make it so set items can spawn
Eth
. Maybe
Zod
Ohm
Ohm
Aldurs Rhythm could be passable.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
sonnytai331 wrote: 2 years ago
They should make it so set items can spawn
Eth
. Maybe
Zod
Ohm
Ohm
Aldurs Rhythm could be passable.
It'd be better than non-
Eth
. But still remain significantly worse than many, many other options.

It is a shame really as the overall set isn't even all that bad. But without being
Eth
and even more so without any noteworthy add to the weapon damage itself, it will simply never compete with any higher tier options. Or even mid tier atm.

Same reason no phys bowzon would ever want to use M'avina's..the bow dmg is just too useless.
Though in that case you also lose fort dmg on top of that which Aldur's at least evens out with the set bonus.

Asha 345

Sorceress Europe PC
Well, Aldur set isn't about physical damage at all - there's no need of upping a
Jagged Star
into a devil one. Aldur set is all about
Fire Claws
+
Armageddon
setup - almost all the damage comes from skills, not weapon. That's where the inner 30% ias and 3 sockets actually shine -
Aldur's Rhythm
serves as fast fire claw delivery 🙂

With just 2x
Shael
inserted, weapon alone gives you 9 fpa in bear form - good enough on practice to hit'em when they burn from your
Armageddon
. If you want more - 3x
Shael
(90% weapon ias) + 30% off-weapon ias (nosferatu
Belt
+ lava gouts, for example) brings you to 7 fpa. But my bear is already fine at 9 fpa (2x Shaels + fire facet in weapon, and
Magefist
+ string
Belt
combo).
Other tips for such a build:
1) Phoenix
Monarch
in main slot. Awesome and BIS - trust me 😉;
2) Armor and head also fire-facetted;
3) Infinity for your merc, ofc;
4) Either a Rising Sun amulet (this is where it belongs the most), or just Mara's;
5) Best ring combo is
Carrion Wind
+
Raven Frost
;
6) For swap, I recommend another aldur weapon (socketed the same way as main) +
Medusa's Gaze
- you use this swap at fire immune packs, mostly minotaurs and Lister pack at wsk/throne. Medusa's LR proc with merc infi breaks their FI - and they burn 🙂

Asha 345

Sorceress Europe PC
Skills and stats distribution:

20 fire claw, 20
Armageddon
, 20
Lycanthropy
, and the rest goes for fire synergies to benefit both your fire weapons the most - I put 20 to
Molten Boulder
, 5
Volcano
, 5
Fissure
, and 5
Firestorm
. And 1 hard point for all the prerequisites. No summons are needed (but feel free to open a grizzly if you like - I don't need him personally). This is at 93 lvl.

Stats are also simple: Str - 95, all the rest is Vita. You just ignore both Dex and energy 🙂

I stopped levelin my such druid only bc I was busy with raisin my infi-wieldin light sorc, and now I'm levelin a barb. Try this aldur-wearin dru setup - and you'll be surprised how effective for pvm it will prove 🥂 I was

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation