Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   1611 views

Item prices snippet in trade listing footer yea or nay?

You may select 1 option

Total votes: 5

[Poll] Thoughts on introducing prices on trade listings?

No data yet

Site Feedback

Description

Was thinking about additionally adding sold item prices to actual trade listings themselves (in the footer of the trade listing template alongside the sales graph).

But I've been hesitant to do so because I think it will encourage people to use those last 10 trades at face value and lose some of that common sense/proper research that goes into really valuing an item.

Adding it there would lessen the friction of having to click through via the button/item entry page to see prices, but I think it might also increase friction where more disagreements arise due to less thorough personal appraisals.

What do you guys think? Put a poll up.
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling 5807Admin

Europe PC
Was thinking about additionally adding sold item prices to actual trade listings themselves (in the footer of the trade listing template alongside the sales graph).

But I've been hesitant to do so because I think it will encourage people to use those last 10 trades at face value and lose some of that common sense/proper research that goes into really valuing an item.

Adding it there would lessen the friction of having to click through via the button/item entry page to see prices, but I think it might also increase friction where more disagreements arise due to less thorough personal appraisals.

What do you guys think? Put a poll up.

Teebling wrote: 2 years ago

What do you guys think?
I think it's a fine idea and would also add the same price history somewhere in the 'new trade' screen for people to easily reference when they put stuff up.
OP

Teebling 5807Admin

Europe PC
Noted @worstd2playerever.

Halfway there already re: request to have them in the create trade template, atm there's buttons that spawn like this when you select your item:
But not the actual prices themselves (you still have to click the one button).

People are going to (or at least should) check the prices anyway, so might as well get them up front.

In terms of proper valuation, if there is ambiguity, then it goes to the seller to, well, sell their item.

Case it point, I sold a 4 O
Monarch
for an
Ohm
last week. Most of the recent sales were for Fals, BUUUUUUUT they weren't a Superior with +15% ED and +14% durability. The buyer obviously saw the same value I did.
I think this is a great idea and obviously would be beneficial to buyers. However, I also agree I think we will see a rise in disagreements due to price discrepancies. Perhaps if there were a filter that applied some of the advanced options such as :
Eth
, superior, sockets etc. So that way you would see more relevant recent sales first rather than just whatever one happened to sell last and so on. This might help get more accurate prices but this would obviously hinge on everyone listing their items correctly which might be wishful thinking. I also have no idea how difficult it would be to program something like that as I am completely clueless when it comes to website design.

Thanks for all your hard work and for trying to make this a better site for the community!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...