diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
269 replies   26127 views

Description

Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3199Moderator

PC
Been done for a while. Played around with a few hybrid builds across multiple classes (of which Druid was sadly never an option as the pre-requisite was to be able to kill dclone quickly while on a budget). Now that's settled into the last one who sits around collecting dust and waiting for the next walk. Everything else is back to non-ladder.

Though even that is much less these days...'tis basically summer after all!

Deleted User 632 0

Poison Creeper
against act bosses is just ridiculously slow damage. even on normal. but it's pretty good against packs of monsters. and it works really well with the act 3 frost merc. freezes monsters on every shot. even super uniques. act 1 frost merc with Edge bow is great too. minimum 3 points in
Summon Dire Wolf
from level 18. and pump
Summon Grizzly
from level 30.
What would be the best weapon if I choose to go hybrid? Summon +
Werebear
?

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!

Schnorki 3199Moderator

PC
Basing the answer solely on the shift/summon hybrid testing I've done on the PTR:
Faith in a
Great Bow

As a shifted druid, you can actually use a Faith bow as a melee weapon, oddly enough (doesn't need
Arrows
either) and doing so not only leaves you with a solid fana for your summons and yourself but you actually get pretty respectable damage out of it. Never actually did the math on that one but based on the plethora of items I tried on PTR, that yielded the best results.

Mind you, that was before they then changed the druid IAS calculations again so..no idea how well that still holds up.

(Didn't bother with any testing after that because pure summon ultimately worked out better)
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Basing the answer solely on the shift/summon hybrid testing I've done on the PTR:
Faith in a
Great Bow

As a shifted druid, you can actually use a Faith bow as a melee weapon, oddly enough (doesn't need
Arrows
either) and doing so not only leaves you with a solid fana for your summons and yourself but you actually get pretty respectable damage out of it. Never actually did the math on that one but based on the plethora of items I tried on PTR, that yielded the best results.

Mind you, that was before they then changed the druid IAS calculations again so..no idea how well that still holds up.

(Didn't bother with any testing after that because pure summon ultimately worked out better)
So basically if I already have a Beast then it works okay?

And what's the skill points for SS tree? WB,
Maul
and SW get how many for each for an optimum distribution if skip
Raven
?

Schnorki 3199Moderator

PC
Skills are obviously up to you. Bear, wolf, pure dmg, control..all a matter of preference.

Beast is solid for the aura but more often than not, the actual weapon dmg on it (and hence your dmg) is significantly lower than what you would get on a proper Faith. Plus you're missing the ITD/massive bonus AR. Though you do get a shield so you're basically just being defensive instead. Unless you happened to build a 2hand Beast which..is rare. :)
Just as a reminder by skipping
Raven
in order to get some damage in yourself you are losing over 50% of your total summon damage output.

I understand you probably want something to do yourself while the summons attack but damage wise it’s so not worth it.

Do a „Hunter“ build and use a Faith Bow and just shoot some
Arrows
to help out instead.

Always looking for: (ladder & non-ladder)
• Druid Pelt +3 Summoning Skills, +3 Grizzly, +3 Dire Wolves

My Summon Druid Guide
Thanks for the insights, I'll make some experiments then.

I just managed to trade for a jewel to put into my Summon Pelt.
This is how it will look like once the seasons ends.

My Summon Druid Guide
Really nice blue
Antlers
there.

Would a hybrid summon / SS WW work? Simply due to Oath
Eth
Feral Axe
being very easy to make in early ladder I assume. Any
Eth
Feral Axe
gets 4os from socket quest anyway.

Schnorki 3199Moderator

PC
It definitely works, the question is whether it's worth it.

Especially if you use Oath instead of Beast or Faith or the like, you're losing massive boosts to your summons, in addition to what you already lose there due to moving skills over to SS.

Basically, my response would remain the same as for necromancy above:
You can do it. If you do do it, try to aim for something like a Faith
Great Bow
to still buff your summons. But no matter how you do it, it'll probably still perform worse than full summons (or become a solid shifter that just has then worthless summons there for the feel of it).
tmGrunty wrote: 1 year ago
unknown.png
What should it be to be a White or socketed gray base? Is +3 SS making it magic?

Schnorki 3199Moderator

PC
basicnecromancy wrote: 1 year ago
unknown.png
What should it be to be a White or socketed gray base? Is +3 SS making it magic?
+3 Dire, Grizzly and ideally HoW White/gray to use as a RW base.

Or the same skills on a blue with +3 summon skills (which is a magic prefix) and of course ideally a nice suffix as well.
+3 (or any) Summoning Skills is an affix and can only be on magic and rare pelts.
A White base can only have individual skills and you want Grizzly, Dire Wolves and HoW (in that order) as ideal skills for a Summoner.

However the chances of finding one that actually has all those skills will be incredibly difficult (and expensive).

Personally if you don't have anything with at least +4 combined Grizzly and Dire Wolves I would not make Delirium in it.

My Summon Druid Guide
+3 (or any) Summoning Skills is an affix and can only be on magic and rare pelts.
A White base can only have individual skills and you want Grizzly, Dire Wolves and HoW (in that order) as ideal skills for a Summoner.

However the chances of finding one that actually has all those skills will be incredibly difficult (and expensive).

Personally if you don't have anything with at least +4 combined Grizzly and Dire Wolves I would not make Delirium in it.
Thanks. I'm looking at every Druid pelt I ever see with all of my chars but so far I was just able to find some elemental skillers with 3 OS but not particularly useful. I guess summoner pelts are more rare. So for now stick to Jalal's.

I reached lvl 70 and with Beast, this build rocks. Of course, I play online and it's only P1 since I prefer solo game but anyways. Incredible. I'm planning to switch my merc from Insight to Pride and to solve mana issue I'm planning to go with
Solar Creeper
. What would be your opinion about that? Mostly I'm in human form and if I decided to go with this I can even switch to
Shako
but not sure yet since with Beast and Pride,
Maul
can smash. :)

And another personal opinion about creeper and Spirit summons: It is incredible how stupid their AI and also incredible how Blizzard didn't solve this even if there's a solution in the game. Some monsters have these prevention motive and some of them even better when they have little HP. For example in CS there're these Fingermages. They just run away. Or Vampires. They can simply solve this annoying behavior but no. And how they stupid that they always tend to throw themselves into the fight. Annoying.

Schnorki 3199Moderator

PC
I guess summoner pelts are more rare. So for now stick to Jalal's.
That's just RNG. Summon skills are just as likely/unlikely on pelts as elemental ones. In either case, getting a truly useful combination is insanely rare.
I'm planning to switch my merc from Insight to Pride
Don't. Switch to an
Eth
The Reaper's Toll
instead. Not only is it significantly cheaper than a Pride it also gives your summons much more of a dmg boost via decrep than Pride's conc gives them (while boosting overall survivability at the same time, again due to decrep). And it leaves your merc with very solid damage as opposed to Pride which reduces his own damage to just sad, sad levels.
And another personal opinion about creeper and Spirit summons: It is incredible how stupid their AI and also incredible how Blizzard didn't solve this even if there's a solution in the game. Some monsters have these prevention motive and some of them even better when they have little HP. For example in CS there're these Fingermages. They just run away. Or Vampires. They can simply solve this annoying behavior but no. And how they stupid that they always tend to throw themselves into the fight. Annoying.
Agreed on the AI being just terrible but usually for the opposite reason. If they ran away at low life, it wouldn't help you much as a summoner because their dmg goes to 0..if they just died and you resummoned them, you'd lose a lot less. The main problem imo is that they keep running away/not going after targets all the time for no reason whatsoever other than bad AI. Like half or more of your summons tend to just stand around twiddling their paws, looking at your merc and maybe 1 or 2 other summons actually going after targets.
That's just RNG. Summon skills are just as likely/unlikely on pelts as elemental ones. In either case, getting a truly useful combination is insanely rare.
Yeah, it's my luck I gues. 2 pelts with 3OS has skills 2
Volcano
and 2
Tornado
but no even near with summon skills.
Don't. Switch to an
Eth
The Reaper's Toll
instead. Not only is it significantly cheaper than a Pride it also gives your summons much more of a dmg boost via decrep than Pride's conc gives them (while boosting overall survivability at the same time, again due to decrep). And it leaves your merc with very solid damage as opposed to Pride which reduces his own damage to just sad, sad levels.
I already have a Pride so I'll try and see. I don't have
Eth
RT but a normal one and I can try that, too to see the difference.

Agreed on the AI being just terrible but usually for the opposite reason. If they ran away at low life, it wouldn't help you much as a summoner because their dmg goes to 0..if they just died and you resummoned them, you'd lose a lot less. The main problem imo is that they keep running away/not going after targets all the time for no reason whatsoever other than bad AI. Like half or more of your summons tend to just stand around twiddling their paws, looking at your merc and maybe 1 or 2 other summons actually going after targets.
No, actually I don't want them to run away. What I meant is that there's such AI management so they can easily solve this stupid behaviour but no, they won't.

Even a regular
The Reaper's Toll
will beat at Pride by miles.
It has something to with how all the damage multipliers stack onto the base damage of the Summons which is different from the tooltip (that already includes Grizzly synergy).
In reality Pride only provides a laughable ~12% damage increase for the Summons (not including
Raven
) while also neutering the damage of the merc itself.

You honestly should not have mana troubles as a Summoner unless you
Teleport
a lot.
Solar Creeper
is a QoL thing to restore mana when needed but it is way down the priority list and you should definitely max out everything else before considering getting it.

My Summon Druid Guide
Thank you mates, got informed well thanks to you. Experimenting with Pride and later with RT.

Thank you mates, got informed well thanks to you. Experimenting with Pride and later with RT.
Another option is good old Infinity.
Merc has 40% CB.
Conviction
reduce 83 defense so more physical damage.
And also reduce 85 res so more damage for Spirit Wolf.

Relax and have fun!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...