diablo2.io is supported by ads
32 replies   12678 views

Description

Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

ShadowHeart 1934Moderator

Europe PC
Flippy wrote: 7 months ago
the script is starting lod with arguments (server hostname etc..) via script right? my first guess is that the url or name for the servers changed (KR.actual.battle.net to something different). should be easy to fix since those are displayed on the bottom right when launching the game.
Yes, that's what I meant. It still says KR.actual.battle.net for Asia as far as I know. So, unless the game is lying, the address hasn't changed but there's something else going on.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
there should be at least an easy way to check if that is a regional problem: if you use the same script and it works for you, do an nslookup on KR.actual.battle.net to get the ip adress of the server you're connecting to.

then share that ip-address with your clone hunting buddies and tell them to setup their host file to return that given ip-adress when some program is quering for KR.actual.battle.net. flush the dns cache and try again. this way kr.actual.battle.net should resolve to a server where you can confirm that it is working

i'd be surprised if their version would differ from ours this has to be some infrastructure thing

edit:

this is kinda far fetched, but maybe they should also block tcp 853 for d2r / battlenet. that way the launcher and d2r can't query other nameservers over sdns and most likely will fall back to the machines dns. i have seen some sneaky stuff recently where programs queried external dns servers instead of using the computers for "security" purposes

This is my Zealer. There aren't many like him and this one is mine.
My Zealer is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.
Without me, my Zealer is useless. Without my Zealer, i am useless.

Europe PC
I haven't run into the problem myself because I've been using the launcher the whole time (I have MFA activated, and I prefer to keep it that way, so scripts to launch the game directly don't work for me anyway).

But I can forward it anyway :)

EDIT: I guess there's no point since I'm not using a script myself, so there's no working IP address to try to fix the DNS resolution to...

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
ShadowHeart wrote: 7 months ago
There seems to have been a recent (last Friday perhaps?) update/change on Asian servers specifically that has broken the direct launch of the game via script, but only for Asia region. I.e., if you launch the game on Asia region directly via script (rather than via launcher), the game client will simply say "Cannot connect to server". There have been numerous discussions about this on D2R Clone Hunters discord, there seems to be no workaround (yet). This means that for Asia region specifically, you need to start the game via the launcher by clicking the "Play" button in the launcher. You can also use friend list invites to join games cross region, as an alternative.
NOTE: I haven't experienced this myself, just relaying what I've heard/seen talk about from a lot of frustrated users.
the script is starting lod with arguments (server hostname etc..) via script right? my first guess is that the url or name for the servers changed (KR.actual.battle.net to something different). should be easy to fix since those are displayed on the bottom right when launching the game.
Authenticating with parameters is down for KR.actual.battle.net and Blizz haven't bothered to fix.

Workaround is to connect with another account via bnet, create games on that account and friend join.

I'm working on a new update that allows you to optionally use authentication tokens for authentication (same way that launching from bnet authenticates) instead of authenticating via the -username -password -address parameters. I suspect using authtokens instead of parameters will allow connections for users who have MFA enabled, but haven't found time to test yet.
Using authtokens is a bit more of a limited method than using parameters though as you have to wait for the character selection screen to show before launching a second account (the game looks to the registry value "WEB_TOKEN" to connect to your account).

In any case, I hope Blizz get their shit together and fix the outage. It baffles me they haven't already. Surely they have alerting enabled on their services to pick up on outages like this.
Shupershuff wrote: 7 months ago
ShadowHeart wrote: 7 months ago
There seems to have been a recent (last Friday perhaps?) update/change on Asian servers specifically that has broken the direct launch of the game via script, but only for Asia region. I.e., if you launch the game on Asia region directly via script (rather than via launcher), the game client will simply say "Cannot connect to server". There have been numerous discussions about this on D2R Clone Hunters discord, there seems to be no workaround (yet). This means that for Asia region specifically, you need to start the game via the launcher by clicking the "Play" button in the launcher. You can also use friend list invites to join games cross region, as an alternative.
NOTE: I haven't experienced this myself, just relaying what I've heard/seen talk about from a lot of frustrated users.
Authenticating with parameters is down for KR.actual.battle.net and Blizz haven't bothered to fix.

Workaround is to connect with another account via bnet, create games on that account and friend join.

I'm working on a new update that allows you to optionally use authentication tokens for authentication (same way that launching from bnet authenticates) instead of authenticating via the -username -password -address parameters. I suspect using authtokens instead of parameters will allow connections for users who have MFA enabled, but haven't found time to test yet.
Using authtokens is a bit more of a limited method than using parameters though as you have to wait for the character selection screen to show before launching a second account (the game looks to the registry value "WEB_TOKEN" to connect to your account).

In any case, I hope Blizz get their shit together and fix the outage. It baffles me they haven't already. Surely they have alerting enabled on their services to pick up on outages like this.
Just 30 minutes ago the same problem arose on the EU server. :/

Europe PC
Yeah, I'm not so sure this was a mistake at all. Are we certain this change wasn't deliberate, just being rolled out to the regions at different times?

Well, after launching several copies one by one through the Bnet launcher, launching through shortcuts works again, but only for one region. If you try to change the region, as I understand it, the web_token is not overwritten. I wonder how long it will take to expire? Few hours? Day? Yes, Blizzard creates unnecessary problems and inconveniences for players. Not to mention the fact that they broke the Cyrillic alphabet in the game chat (alas, few people use it).

UPD:

Deleted the token at the registry address: \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Launch Options\OSI
Now the game started launching again from shortcuts without problems, except Asia. But anyway, I didn't change anything for over two months, until the game stopped connecting to the server today. Maybe they are testing prohibiting authorization bypassing the launcher?

flamebellow wrote: 7 months ago
UPD:

Deleted the token at the registry address: \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Launch Options\OSI
Now the game started launching again from shortcuts without problems, except Asia. But anyway, I didn't change anything for over two months, until the game stopped connecting to the server today. Maybe they are testing prohibiting authorization bypassing the launcher?
When you launch the game via Bnet it only uses the params -uid osi. For auth it uses a temporary token from that registry value you've mentioned.
flamebellow wrote: 7 months ago
Just 30 minutes ago the same problem arose on the EU server. :/
Connecting via parameter based arguments for credentials still does not work for KR. It's still fine on NA and EU.
For those who are interested, I updated my launcher the other night to be capable with both methods of authentication, there's a couple setup steps but now it's possible to connect to Asia again.

Release notes here:
https://github.com/shupershuff/Diablo2R ... es/v1.10.0
For those who are interested, I updated my launcher the other night to be capable with both methods of authentication, there's a couple setup steps but now it's possible to connect to Asia again.

Release notes here:
Doesn't even starts .. thanks..always getting only errors "setup the accounts" what is already set...and stuff...wanted to try multiboxing but deleted instead.
azaki101 wrote: 7 months ago

Release notes here:
Doesn't even starts .. thanks..always getting only errors "setup the accounts" what is already set...and stuff...wanted to try multiboxing but deleted instead.
Sounds like you got the error "You haven't setup accounts.csv with your accounts".
As per this error message, before the script can work, you need to specify these details.
Have a look at the setup instructions on the readme. Setting up for basic username & PW auth is easy. Setting up for token based auth has a couple of extra steps.
But it's all covered in the setup guide (at least I think so!). Let me know if any of it needs rewording/clarifying.
I did read all..did fill all the username/pass stuff...downloading again and trying to follow the steps...

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...