Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
16 replies   798 views

Cube - is there a trick to give the cube to a level 1 character?

No data yet

Description

Hi

On other thread someone said that all his mules have
Horadric Cube
, and I understood from the text that the mule received the cube from a higher level character and that character got a second cube after 🤔

Is there a trick that enable you to give your cube to a low level character and then gain another cube?

Or I misunderstood the text and you need to explicit rush your mules until act 2 to them gain the cube?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi

On other thread someone said that all his mules have
Horadric Cube
, and I understood from the text that the mule received the cube from a higher level character and that character got a second cube after 🤔

Is there a trick that enable you to give your cube to a low level character and then gain another cube?

Or I misunderstood the text and you need to explicit rush your mules until act 2 to them gain the cube?

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
Just drop your cube and give it to another character.

Your high-level character can run back to grab another one from the Halls of the Dead at any time (as long as nobody has grabbed the boss chest in that particular game).

Lanceor's FoH Zealot Guide
Farm everything. Wreck Ubers.
■ Often online all day, but I'm on call so I may have to leave in a hurry.
■ Sydney timezone: UTC +10.

OP
Lanceor wrote: 1 month ago

Your high-level character can run back to grab another one from the Halls of the Dead at any time (as long as nobody has grabbed the boss chest in that particular game).
Will the cube drop even if the quest was already completed in the game (and of course don't have a cube on inventory/stash)? Any difficult?

Is enought to Just drop the cube on town before opening the chest? Or another character must pick it first?

fredkid wrote: 1 month ago

Will the cube drop even if the quest was already completed in the game (and of course don't have a cube on inventory/stash)? Any difficult?

Is enought to Just drop the cube on town before opening the chest? Or another character must pick it first?
As long as you don't have a cube on you when you pop the sparkly chest, another cube will drop out. This is true whether or not you or anyone else in the game has completed that quest.

Why not give it a try?
  1. Create a new game.
  2. Go to Halls of the Dead Level 3.
  3. Look for the sparkly chest.
  4. Drop your existing cube on the ground.
  5. Pop the sparkly chest.
  6. Now there will be TWO Horadric Cubes on the ground! (But you can only pick up one.)

Lanceor's FoH Zealot Guide
Farm everything. Wreck Ubers.
■ Often online all day, but I'm on call so I may have to leave in a hurry.
■ Sydney timezone: UTC +10.

OP
👍 i will try on next game

Yea it's worth doing. You get more space but also you can use the cube to upgrade things like gems, runes, or essences without having to go to a higher level char to make the change.

TheDoo 229

Europe PC
Amount of cubes drops depending on how many players in that game doesn't yet have one. You can do this effectively in those kind of "free 4 you" lobbies (just find a corner of town be afk for a bit there and then drop your cube, change char, rejoin same lobby go and get it and hope nobody accidentally finds it hehe).

If you don't want to do this it's best for you to create a new game (so called "solo") put max number of players to 1 or disable friends joining, put some simple name and pw like cube///777 then just go in and drop your own cube (make sure it's empty otherwise you will also drop everything else inside on the ground) in Act 1 on stash. Then exit, switch characters go to lobbies and join game with info you set on (in this case name: cube pw: 777). Cube will be there. After that, you can just create a new game with your 'old' character and go and fetch yourself a new cube regularly (or if you haven't completed
Khalim's Will
, but you have a quest to smash the orb, on current diff and you don't have a cube
Deckard Cain
will give it to you for free in town
). :)
Edit: Scratch that last part I was mixing it with the Forge. Yes Queegon is correct.

I did that so many times, especially the first option -- just went into those "free stuff" games then went and popped the cube chest and then hauled back all the cubes to Act 1 so random ppl can have them if needed. :D Although, you can only do it once per game and as I said it only drops X amount of cubes where X is a number of players still not having one that are currently in that game at the time of opening the cube chest. :)

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
The fastest way to get a cube is to not have one on you and kill
Travincal
council.
One cube will drop per each party member without one. Most everyone who does
Larzuk
rushes gives you, the rushee, their cube and gets another in trav. Halls of the dead is a waste of time.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
Note: Does -not- seem to work on single player. I can't put the cube into the shared stash tabs. So while one could probably get new cubes from the Halls of the Dead, it seems like there is no way to give to other (single player) characters.

Necrarch 1618Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
No one said to put it in Shared Stash, it is indeed forbidden.

To pass a cube to a low level char, drop it from your high level char on Ground on a normal, public, password protected game in Rogue camp, then reopen the SAME game (very important to not open another one or your cube is lost as the game will be closed).

Then reopen a game with your high level char and go to Trav as Queegon said. Edit : seems Trav is not working, you may need Halls of the Dead instead. Be sure to have the waypoint at level 2 beforehand. :)

I did that with my mules indeed.

And no way to get 2 cubes on the same char, of course, same as all quest items.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP
The Halls of the Dead trick worked 🙂 Thanks Guys 🤗
(dropped my cube in town and the chest dropped another one 🙂 - the Act 2 quest was already completed)

Now I will spend some time given cubes to all my low level chars 🙂🙂

OBS: But the
Travincal
Council does not work for me... Maybe they drop the cube only when they drop
Khalim's Will
(so the Act 3 quest needs to be incomplete...)

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Necrarch wrote: 1 month ago
No one said to put it in Shared Stash, it is indeed forbidden.

To pass a cube to a low level char, drop it from your high level char on Ground on a normal, public, password protected game in Rogue camp, then reopen the SAME game (very important to not open another one or your cube is lost as the game will be closed).
[..]
I believe fraggy was merely looking specifically for a singleplayer alternative as you can't keep open and rejoin the same game there.

But yeah, cube can't be shared-stashed and hence cannot be transferred across in singleplayer. That is of course excluding the "singleplayer can do everything they want" editing/copying means.
Maybe they drop the cube only when they drop
Khalim's Will
(so the Act 3 quest needs to be incomplete...)
Found this online to be the likely case. I usually need extra cubes only for rushes, so that's where my info comes from. Guess Halls of the dead still has its uses, if you can't get rushed, or lose your cube after finishing the quest. Though sources and experiences online differ in time. Might have been a change at some point.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
OP
The only problem with this discover, it is that, again, I will postpone my "mules cleanup" 😛

As long as you don't have a cube on you when you pop the sparkly chest, another cube will drop out. This is true whether or not you or anyone else in the game has completed that quest.

Why not give it a try?
  1. Create a new game.
  2. Go to Halls of the Dead Level 3.
  3. Look for the sparkly chest.
  4. Drop your existing cube on the ground.
  5. Pop the sparkly chest.
  6. Now there will be TWO Horadric Cubes on the ground! (But you can only pick up one.)
Oh sht never knew that, gonna try this right now. Thanks for the tip Lanceor :)

TheDoo 229

Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 month ago
But yeah, cube can't be shared-stashed and hence cannot be transferred across in singleplayer. That is of course excluding the "singleplayer can do everything they want" editing/copying means.
Yup, correct. You can always use some external program for SP if you want to do such things and, dunno if it still works for D2R, but for legacy LOD there was such a neat lil program called
Atma
(from their site: It stands for “A Tenshi Muling Application” and is designed to help you organize and categorize your Diablo II characters, mules and items). You couldn't edit character sheets nor add wps/finish quests etc. but you could transfer (or dupe for that matter) all items and gold between characters (ofc runes and gems, keys, tokens included). :) Again to point out, it's for Single Player only... The other one I know is GoMule (which is quite good as well and I'm pretty sure it works for D2R too. :)

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
OP
All mules now have their own
Horadric Cube
now 🙂

Lost some Cubes in the process, because I clicked on "Create Game" instead of "Lobby" with my low level Character... 🤦🤦
So, pay attention while switching characters 😉

---

Fastest path I could think for the high level Character:

- Create a Normal game with a high level character (Act 2).
- Talk to
Warriv
to go to Act 1.
- Drop the Cube in town.
- Use waypoint to go to
Halls of the Dead Level 2
- Find the chest and cube on
Halls of the Dead Level 3
- Exit the Game (while still on
Halls of the Dead Level 3
)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...