45 replies   2019 views

Description

Description by ShadowHeart

Can be used to make Runewords:

M1ck 331

Europe PC
azeroti wrote: 1 month ago
M1ck wrote: 1 month ago
Oops. Sure love chatting with low ballers.

Message me with price hahahaha hysterical honestly.
Just got my haircut, I think it came out nice if you were wondering. Since this thread is very relevant to the few comments you left for me I figured we can continue here. What I think are the facts:
  • a person made a listing for a perfect
    Eth
    titans and asked for 4x
    Jah
    . I responded with 'me' as in, I'd like to take it for the offered price and you got upset (I think others did as well in that listing)
  • you don't like that I have listings for gg items without posting an offer in them
  • you don't seem to like that I have a perfect 20/20 sorc torch listed in another site when I'm looking for another in this site?
Good topics of conversation and am interested to hear your thoughts.

First bullet
The first point has been covered here some but maybe you have a different view? Someone made a listing with a buy now price, I went in there, and said yes I'll buy it for the BIN price. I didn't set the price, I simply agreed to the terms made by the person making the list. How do you think I should handle these instead? Should I monitor all listing and pm all sellers that their prices are not good if they are lower or higher than some price you have set somewhere? Should I reach out to each seller and ask if they did their research? Should I consult with moderators before I let a seller know that I want to accept their terms?

You and I have done many trades - we both have over 1k trades done and have all sorts of experiences I'm sure. My experiences have taught me to bid when I see a good listing. I have experienced scenarios where someone posts a listing for something too cheap and I bid (on their price mind you) and been called stupid for thinking someone would sell something that cheap. I've also eperienced the opposite where somethig was too cheap and I didn't want to get insulted so I didn't bid only to find out later it did really sell for that price cause the seller just wanted it gone.

I have a listing for
Jah
/
Ber
where I set prices (I haven't updated them in a long time and prices have changed yes so I need to update but beside the point) and I have had people PM and say something like do you want x for 1
Jah
when in my
Jah
listing I offer a lot more for that same item. What should I say then? Should I say no I will not buy it for 1
Jah
and instead offer more?

There is lots of gray area here imo, I don't have a one size fits all solution.

Second bullet
I don't have much to say about this one. Are you saying that all listings should always specify a BIN price? We should not be able to create listings asking for offers? Or is it for certain items and if so, which? Is this a list you would keep track off or saying moderators needs this job? Or is it just me you want to disallow making listings looking for offers?

Third bullet
I trade in three platforms. I also can do PC and PS trades. That's 6 different markets. I spend more time trading, orders of magnitude greater, than playing. I enjoy trading (probably to an unhealthy level) more than the game. Everything I have in my characters is always for sale. You posted a picture in another one of my threads with my traiderie account listing a 20/20 sorc torch for 80
Jah
. Yes, I have a perfect sorc torch, I use it, and it's up for trade. Do I think someone will pay 80
Jah
for my torch anytime soon, no. I think there's a small chance it will happen but if someone did, I would sell it and buy another. Is this wrong in your opinion? Should I not list anything for trade that I'm using?

I do resale, I don't try to hid it. Heck, I use the exact same username on all the platforms. You can go find my traderie and d2jsp. If I see someone on PS looking to buy a CoA for 10x
Jah
and I can buy in PC for 5x and then sell for 10x then yes, I'll spend the time looking for these deals and make them happen. Is this wrong in your opinion? Am I not allowed to waste my time trading digital items and should instead focus on playing only?

Conclusion
Anywho, I'm almost done with my first cup of coffee so I'm going to get another. Anyone feel free to comment, I enjoy a good conversation/discussion.
A new user put a BIN that you know is far far less than the item is actually worth. There's a difference between shaving a couple of
Jah
of a trade than potentially missing out on 80!!!

You have a perfect sorceress torch listed on the other site (I use that site too for full transparency, same user name as here) for 80
Jah
yet you have a WTB here with no BIN price. Call me sceptical, but the only reason I can think of that there is no BIN price is to entice a new buyer to sell much lower than market value.

As I said I have two available. What's your offer ;0

You know what, I think I need a coffee too.
/sadpanda I was hoping you would present some solutions to the problems listed.

PS: I responded to your offers in those listings. We can keep this thread to the conversation at hand.

azeroti#1149
PC or PS
Selling Ber/Jah, click for wish list.
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
run on PS, accepting tips. Details

M1ck 331

Europe PC
azeroti wrote: 1 month ago
/sadpanda I was hoping you would present some solutions to the problems listed.

PS: I responded to your offers in those listings. We can keep this thread to the conversation at hand.
Overall solution is for the mods. Thanks for the below market rate offers, think I'll pass.

Edit: In my opinion all want to buy posts should have mandatory BIN prices for transparency. Then at least if it's super low for a valuable item, there is more chance of users calling them out.

Regarding super low ball bids on very valuable items that's more difficult to solve. It's not very intuitive to search historical trades by roll on this site (filtering) for new users.

As I said before I understand a discrepancy of a rune or two here and there. But a massive loss of runes for a new seller is not on.
It seems my understanding of the current debate seems to b pointing to ‘should one gives full transparency regarding on prices across all the platforms he/she is using’?

i just want to say, its a free market trading.

Here is the thing about ‘BIN’ prices and ‘pls OFFER’ prices

As a seller, giving away your BIN price is considered a disadvantage, unless the said items are common and traded often. By giving away your BIN prices, you automatically end any chance of negotiation for better prices.

As a buyer, you always want to know the BIN prices so that you can see what the cost it without haggling and you have an advantage of not overpaying if the BIN is undermarket due to seller’s mistake, vice versa.

I dont actually mind ppl dont have a BIN, i just offer low as starting point, if the seller thinks its too low, he/she can counter offer or pm me his/her price range…

what i dislike are sellers who dont have a BIN price, when he/she receives a low offer, they get offended. Really, u are asking ppl to offer… if range price or BIN is not stated, one should expect low offers as well. Of course, they r trolls out there knowing the popularity of certain item, yet still offer chump change price. Of course this would be un-acceptable

Can trade on PC or SWITCH
This debate does raise an interesting question that I’ll pose for Necrarch, M1CK, azeroti, or anyone else to weigh in on.

Let’s say folks do see a trade thread where they have real lowballing concerns involving a new player (not the legit operations of a free market that others have highlighted and I agree with). Do etiquette/site rules require only PMs to the poster? In other words does the “no public shaming” rule mean “no public comments on a trade unless you’re offering a higher bid?”

M1ck 331

Europe PC
d2rppa69 wrote: 1 month ago
It seems my understanding of the current debate seems to b pointing to ‘should one gives full transparency regarding on prices across all the platforms he/she is using’?

i just want to say, its a free market trading.

Here is the thing about ‘BIN’ prices and ‘pls OFFER’ prices

As a seller, giving away your BIN price is considered a disadvantage, unless the said items are common and traded often. By giving away your BIN prices, you automatically end any chance of negotiation for better prices.

As a buyer, you always want to know the BIN prices so that you can see what the cost it without haggling and you have an advantage of not overpaying if the BIN is undermarket due to seller’s mistake, vice versa.

I dont actually mind ppl dont have a BIN, i just offer low as starting point, if the seller thinks its too low, he/she can counter offer or pm me his/her price range…

what i dislike are sellers who dont have a BIN price, when he/she receives a low offer, they get offended. Really, u are asking ppl to offer… if range price or BIN is not stated, one should expect low offers as well. Of course, they r trolls out there knowing the popularity of certain item, yet still offer chump change price. Of course this would be un-acceptable
I don't think the discrepancy is the main problem here, most people know that there are differences between platforms. That's to be expected with a free market as you correctly specified.

The extreme low balling on certain very high value items is a problem. Case on point the
Eth
Titans, there was another example of +44 life lightning charm the other day...
JC1982 wrote: 1 month ago
This debate does raise an interesting question that I’ll pose for Necrarch, M1CK, azeroti, or anyone else to weigh in on.

Let’s say folks do see a trade thread where they have real lowballing concerns involving a new player (not the legit operations of a free market that others have highlighted and I agree with). Do etiquette/site rules require only PMs to the poster? In other words does the “no public shaming” rule mean “no public comments on a trade unless you’re offering a higher bid?”
IMO, if you see a listing for an item where the seller is asking way under market and you want to help them out, by all means do so. PM them and let them know. I don't think anyone would have an issue with this. If the seller already knows it's a under-market value listing, they'll let you know.

I assume (and check in with mods) the issue is if you make public posts in someone listing about this. Then you could accidently upset someone and start a thing that leads to a bigger thing and get moderators involved.

azeroti#1149
PC or PS
Selling Ber/Jah, click for wish list.
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
run on PS, accepting tips. Details
The extreme low balling on certain very high value items is a problem. Case on point the
Eth
Titans, there was another example of +44 life lightning charm the other day.
Without knowing the full detail on this, i would take your word for this

yeah… human nature, even though we know the value of it, we seldom come forward and offer the full “true” value of it… i will admit i sometimes do this to an item that seller posted and does not a bin. In my mind, i sort of have an idea of how much its worth but i will offer low as starting point. Or i can pm the seller and ask him/her what the max price he/she willing to let it go for?

Yeah some ppl wont like my tactic of offerings but its not a scam or trying to deceive the seller, imo anyway.

in the end, be informed of the value i guess.

If i missed your point, sorry…

Eth
Are you seriously annoyed by this trade/sparking-grand-charm-of-vita-t1482944.html?
Seems cut and dried to me. There's nothing that would suggest the price tag could be much higher here in available price check, and the seller shot themselves in the foot by trading too rashly, not seeing the higher offer. Happens all the time.
You can't be mad at people that they don't follow different trading platforms with different pricing across the board, or that they are too quick to settle.

It's obvious the ethereal perfect titans are 196/9, as evidenced by the new seller making 2 listings asking for 4
Jah
for 196/9, and asking for 4
Jah
for what seems to be 200/9 you are all discussing.Azeroti shot their shot, as they had done before, but unless the seller is rash like the one above, there will be more people flocking to such trades and bidding the value higher. Be the change you want to see, offer, let's say, 40
Jah
after the first person offers 4 and show your meaning without being mean. Take it to PMs or to mods, if you feel there's injustice happening.

We are talking prices here but another can of worms would be editing offers to one-up the offer below you. :P

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
Queegon wrote: 1 month ago
Are you seriously annoyed by this trade/sparking-grand-charm-of-vita-t1482944.html?
Seems cut and dried to me. There's nothing that would suggest the price tag could be much higher here in available price check, and the seller shot themselves in the foot by trading too rashly, not seeing the higher offer. Happens all the time.
You can't be mad at people that they don't follow different trading platforms with different pricing across the board, or that they are too quick to settle.
Saw the 44 lite gc posting u linked , but yeah the seller could definitely get more if he/she waited abit for more offers..
But at the end of the day, he/she accepted the offer he/she thinks its ‘fair’?

I can see why some ppl would get mad for not informing the seller of more profit for this GC, but u cant fault the buyer or whomever got the good deal from this trade, imo.

At the end of the day, its an agreement between both parties.

BUT i do see both side of the story regarding ‘lowballing’. Hard to fault anyone if there is no fowl play involved…

M1ck 331

Europe PC
Queegon wrote: 1 month ago
Eth

It's obvious the ethereal perfect titans are 196/9, as evidenced by the seller making 2 listings asking for 4
Jah
for 196/9, and asking for 4
Jah
for what seems to be 200/9 you are all discussing.Azeroti shot their shot, as they had done before, but unless the seller is rash like the one above, there will be more people flocking to such trades and bidding the value higher. Be the change you want to see, offer, let's say, 40
Jah
after the first person offers 4 and show your meaning without being mean. Take it to PMs or to mods, if you feel there's injustice happening.

We are talking prices here but another can of worms would be editing offers to one-up the offer below you. :P
Never said I was annoyed, just feel sorry for the seller as it's much lower than what he / she could have got. The offer below proves it.

I believe you also bought a +45 lightning skiller for 40
Jah
. Shame I saw it too late, as I would of at least offered a decent amount!

As I said before, I'm with Messiah this site is being used actively for low balling and new sellers should beware.
As I said before, I'm with Messiah this site is being used actively for low balling and new sellers should beware.
There is a point to be made here…
Maybe Teebling can enable a pop up or a warning everytime someone makes a sell/buy thread, stating “be informed of the current market price”? Something along that line to help newcomers? This warning or pop up can be disabled by users themselve as well.

Iono? Just throwing out random suggestion :)

Hmm good point, i also want to know as well

Sometimes i do make a comment in ppl trading post regarding the seller/buyer price without mentioning anyone’s names.. and so far, i havent gotten ant mod pm yet…

Comments i made usually like ‘this item could definitely fetch you more thwn your current asking price’ , ‘ your item is overvalued, you probably wont get your asking price’, something like that :)

I'll throw two cents on the table. And that is all my opinion and my guidelines.

I would not enjoy being scammed as a new player when trading with a veteran trying to pull one on me. Everybody here on diablo2.io, without exception, always was fair and kind to me since the day i started to post and take part of the forum and the trading. And i want that to go on for newer players. Specialy regarding diablo 2, and old, and kinda niche, game.

So IMO yeah I would warn the n00b player about the price, if i come across an unfair deal. It's a scam and it will create mistrust among players, specialy on such beloved community. I already did this here more than once on my trades, and lost some really nice gear in the process, because new players offered me powerful items for way less than it was worth it.

Other thing, completely different, is bidding, fair negotiation, and so on. The gear costs 10
Jah
, and you offer 12, because you really wanna buy it? Or offer way less, trying your luck? Thats nice, it's how it should work. Wanna sell it on other trading websites? Fine by me as well. Just don't try to pull a scam on n00b players.
I remember buying my first Griffon from a player from here. Man that was tough. I was poor, really poor, and the dude was really kind and sold me for way less that it was worth it.

He never asked me for anything in return. That was really nice, you know? By the way, thanks a lot for this trade!

And i'm not even talking about stuff like ABSOLUTELY FREE MOSAICS AND Cure runewords or other stuff like that.

That is what i'm talking about and that is what i'm totally in. Sell your stuff, be fair, be kind, and in the process take care of lesser experienced players. You won't lose anything doind that.

Schnorki 3214Moderator

PC

More than anything else, this is a question of phrasing.

Say you see some new guy creating a trade for something that they (based on post/responses) just don't know the value for and someone more experienced comes in and clearly lowballs (which imo means he's well below the normal range minimum, not just at the low end of the normal range), I dare say noone (except for the lowballer perhaps) has a problem with you adding a civil note to the trade, along the lines of "FYI: based on pricing history, this should fetch you between X and Y", so they can make a more informed decision. Ideally, even include a link to said pricing history so they can learn how to get it themselves moving forward.

I would say best case, this should be done via a PM but truly new users sometimes (based on experience) don't even know where to look for PMs/how to open them yet so if you're looking at a trade from one of the actually new folks, we won't hold it against you if you add that note within the trade itself.

Again however, the phrasing is critical.
If instead of something along the above-mentioned you instead go "OMFG U SUCK WHY U LOWBALL NOOB U BAD OMG!" and start going after the lowballer more so than merely informing the seller, then that's obviously not the ideal, to put it mildly and if reported will get removed (and hence leave the seller none the wiser).
Additionally, it should be a one and done with the informative note, not derail the trade into an extended pricing discussion and whatnot.
Schnorki wrote: 1 month ago

More than anything else, this is a question of phrasing.

Say you see some new guy creating a trade for something that they (based on post/responses) just don't know the value for and someone more experienced comes in and clearly lowballs (which imo means he's well below the normal range minimum, not just at the low end of the normal range), I dare say noone (except for the lowballer perhaps) has a problem with you adding a civil note to the trade, along the lines of "FYI: based on pricing history, this should fetch you between X and Y", so they can make a more informed decision. Ideally, even include a link to said pricing history so they can learn how to get it themselves moving forward.

I would say best case, this should be done via a PM but truly new users sometimes (based on experience) don't even know where to look for PMs/how to open them yet so if you're looking at a trade from one of the actually new folks, we won't hold it against you if you add that note within the trade itself.

Again however, the phrasing is critical.
If instead of something along the above-mentioned you instead go "OMFG U SUCK WHY U LOWBALL NOOB U BAD OMG!" and start going after the lowballer more so than merely informing the seller, then that's obviously not the ideal, to put it mildly and if reported will get removed (and hence leave the seller none the wiser).
Additionally, it should be a one and done with the informative note, not derail the trade into an extended pricing discussion and whatnot.
Very well said Schnorki—and yes, any such posts would definitely be addressed to the inexperienced seller rather than the buyer.

Schnorki 3214Moderator

PC
Perhaps an added note:
If/when you do inform someone that they should expect higher pricing for what they're offering and you're basing that off of normal pricing on a different platform or in-game (i.e. you're trying to "warn them of scalping" so to speak), you should then not only make it clear to them that you're talking about pricing across all platforms but ideally also include the normal range on this site specifically to contrast.

Not everyone wants to deal with multiple platforms. I'd even go so far as to say most people don't.

If someone is offering something and is about to accept say an
Ist
from a lowballer while the normal range here is
Ohm
to
Lo
and the range say ingame would be
Lo
to
Jah
, depending on just what you tell them, it may end up making their experience worse, rather than helping them:

- If you tell them to expect
Ohm
to
Lo
, that's helpful and realistic for their trade here.
- If you tell them to expect
Ohm
to
Lo
here or
Lo
to
Jah
if they want to deal with multiple platforms and offer it everywhere, that's even more helpful in terms of making an informed decision as it lets them pick and choose based on having all the facts.
- If however you tell them to expect
Lo
to
Jah
without noting that that's based on other platforms, they'll quite likely keep their trade open here, waiting for a
Jah
that will never come as that'd be highballing AF on this site.

Necrarch 1663Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Side note to Azeroti : you are not the person initially pointed at as lowballer.

Fully agreed with Schnorki : if gently made, no issue to point out an issue. If you're not sure on what you do, report to a mod.

As for traders themselves : remember when you were a young trader. Be gentle with them. I once had a trader that paid something with
Junk Jewels
, there was a 15/35-ish in the lot that I didn't notice at first myself (and he definitely missed it too). When I saw, I came back to him, told him it was valuable and proposed that I sell it for him and shared the loot 50/50 - I did so and we were both happy (I think it sold for 2
Lo
so sharing was easy, and it was a time when
Lo
was worth ~12
Ist
). Without me, he wouldn't have known it had value and I could have kept all for myself, but that's not what I believe to be fair trading. Without him I would have had nothing.

Try to do so as well, you'll feel prouder of yourself in the end. :)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Wowza! This discussion really kicked off.
Let's start off by saying that this post is probably about me. I'm sure some of you have seen me outbidding you/you outbidding me on trades or even traded with me. I pretty much only played latter season 1 and this current one. Anyways, I play d2 and d2r mainly for the bartering aspect. I want to say 90% bartering and 10% game play. To me personally, you just get a good feeling or a kind of "high" when you get a good deal in both selling/buying. I like to buy low and sell high. Bought a 20pride for
Jah
in-game and sold for 6jah. Pretty high in the cloud XD.

Maybe I'm wrong. When I see an item I want, I go place my bid. Otherwise someone else might bid lower and get it. Regardless if you have 1trust trade or 10000trust trade, I bid relatively the same.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...