Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
2 replies   465 views

data corruption and self anger not backing up -lost shared stash and new char

No data yet

Description

I used to backup alot.. but i failed for the past year...and now I paid the ultimate price, I lost my shared stash, and my worked my ass off zealot pally.

I think the rest of the chars are ok. but anything from 2023 is gone, from shared stash.

I know there are tools to help me rebuild this.

the files of shared stash and of my pally was simply ZEROED. probably due to data corruption, although i have no idea why it had to ZERO everything up...no option to restore any of that...

so i guess i just need to remember what runes i had, and some rings and charms and abit of other stuff, and that's it. i can rebuild my zealot...

anyone has experience with this unfortunate circumstances which are entirely my/his fault?

for anyone wondering, this CAN'T happen in online play. but in single player, which is my forte...very much so :/
Description by rikus

Can be used to make Runewords:

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
I used to backup alot.. but i failed for the past year...and now I paid the ultimate price, I lost my shared stash, and my worked my ass off zealot pally.

I think the rest of the chars are ok. but anything from 2023 is gone, from shared stash.

I know there are tools to help me rebuild this.

the files of shared stash and of my pally was simply ZEROED. probably due to data corruption, although i have no idea why it had to ZERO everything up...no option to restore any of that...

so i guess i just need to remember what runes i had, and some rings and charms and abit of other stuff, and that's it. i can rebuild my zealot...

anyone has experience with this unfortunate circumstances which are entirely my/his fault?

for anyone wondering, this CAN'T happen in online play. but in single player, which is my forte...very much so :/

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.

ShadowHeart 1782Moderator

Europe PC
Sorry to hear about the lost stash & items :(

I know this doesn't help with your lost items, but there are ways to automatically backup your saves. There are programs that can do it for you, or you can just script it yourself (if you know how to write scripts). I'd recommend looking into it, because manually backing up only works as long as you remember to do it... :(

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
thanks for the comforting words.. I will have to recharge before i can go on and fill in and edit a complete rehash of shared stash..or that char...

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...