Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   1025 views

Tip - if your right button skill randomly change for no reason, verifiy your Previous/next skill key

No data yet

Description

Hi

A while ago sometimes my right button skill changed for no reason... (so on one second I'm attacking monster, and the next I start casting some useless skill and almost died...)
I thought it was some bug that happens sporadically, probably because of the way the "skill
Key
" is implemented on D2R... (because "behind the courtains" the "skill
Key
", actually changes and revert the right button skill - you can see the icon changing and reverting 😉)

I ended up discovering that on my control settings the "Select Previous Skill" and "Select Next Skill" were mapped to the mouse wheel 🤔
After disabling the "Select Previous Skill" and "Select Next Skill"
Key
, the "Bug" never happened again 🤔
So what I thought was a Bug was probably just me touching the mouse wheel by mistake... 🤔

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi

A while ago sometimes my right button skill changed for no reason... (so on one second I'm attacking monster, and the next I start casting some useless skill and almost died...)
I thought it was some bug that happens sporadically, probably because of the way the "skill
Key
" is implemented on D2R... (because "behind the courtains" the "skill
Key
", actually changes and revert the right button skill - you can see the icon changing and reverting 😉)

I ended up discovering that on my control settings the "Select Previous Skill" and "Select Next Skill" were mapped to the mouse wheel 🤔
After disabling the "Select Previous Skill" and "Select Next Skill"
Key
, the "Bug" never happened again 🤔
So what I thought was a Bug was probably just me touching the mouse wheel by mistake... 🤔

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
Ahh that’s what exactly happened to me.

However, after that was solved, there was another sequence that will also change the right cast button. I forgot what it was, but it involved quick cast and hovering over items or something like that.

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
Atomicharmony24 wrote: 1 month ago
[..]
However, after that was solved, there was another sequence that will also change the right cast button. I forgot what it was, but it involved quick cast and hovering over items or something like that.
That one doesn't randomly change your skill. It merely prevents changing it back from the quickcast skill once you actively quickcast.

Specifically, quickcast doesn't just cast. It changes your assigned skill to the quickcast one, then casts that and then changes it back. If you hover over something 'neutral interactive' though (for lack of a better word...e.g. other players in town) as you release the quickcast skill button, the "changes it back" part tends to break and you are stuck with your assigned skill being switched to the quickcast one until you manually change it back to what it should be.

Simple result of bad and lazy coding rly.
Ahh gotcha. Thank you as always
i've always wondered why the RMB changes to some other skill other than my default.

So there's no fix it seems.

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.

TheDoo 225

Europe PC
Yeah this happens to me all the time but only when I put some quick cast to the MMB. You get used to it after certain amount of deaths... xd

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
Yeah, I can relate to that also.
Although I didn't shift skills during combat like yours, I was wondering why my skill changed all of a sudden while wandering and behold, I found the next and previous skill on by accident.
It's a nice feature if u can get used to it, at least for me

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...