diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   640 views

Description

So my
Fire Wall
/
Energy Shield
sorc is wearing Flickering Flame, Hoto and Phoenix shield (what a fantastic piece of kit, how the hell was I ignoring it so long!). This combination easily covers a negative fire impact of the
Flame Rift
. Also bumps fire resistance to 90% which is so so satisfying while farming that fiery
Travincal

My question is: will I hit 100% fire immunity if I put
Infernostride
on? It would be spectacular would it not?

Can be used to make Runewords:

So my
Fire Wall
/
Energy Shield
sorc is wearing Flickering Flame, Hoto and Phoenix shield (what a fantastic piece of kit, how the hell was I ignoring it so long!). This combination easily covers a negative fire impact of the
Flame Rift
. Also bumps fire resistance to 90% which is so so satisfying while farming that fiery
Travincal

My question is: will I hit 100% fire immunity if I put
Infernostride
on? It would be spectacular would it not?

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
If you want to be Fire immune, this is where
The Rising Sun
comes in with massive Fire Absorb on top of other gear. You can quite literally sit in Ubers tanking
Mephisto
and co once the fire mages spawn, attempting to hit you and they heal.

Maximum resist you can achieve is 95%

NOT PLAYING MUCH LATELY; ON MY MINECRAFT/MELEE GRIND
You can always make alternative offers with Keys.
I don't really trade in pgems.
Can trade on PC and Switch

second account JuliePayette#1511

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
No.

Also, yes..but no.

Your base resistance caps out at 95%.
Beyond that, you do still have ways to reduce incoming elemental damage via mdr, absorbs and all that jazz.
%-absorb additionally caps at 40% (effective 80% with the post-heal) so that can't get you there either, even in combination.

Absolute absorb/dmg reduction in combination with res and/or %absorb can absolutely get you to a point of "effective immunity" (and beyond that to a point of actually being healed by elemental dmg) but that will be because your effective max reduction exceeds the damage you realistically have thrown at you, not because you actually reach "100%". So in theory, you still won't be immune, even though realistically, you pretty much are.
OP
Thanks for the answers!

TheDoo 225

Europe PC
Just a tiny addition on what Schnorki said -- nominal (absolute) absorb/magic dmg reduction has no hard
Cap
(limit) and can [theoretically] stack indefinitely.

So it's kinda always wiser to have flat boosts than % ones -- same goes for physical dmg reduction % (which caps at 50%) and nominal -dmg received values can stack as much as you want (can have). :)

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
TheDoo wrote: 2 months ago
[..]
So it's kinda always wiser to have flat boosts than % ones
[..]
While it is true that absolute absorb keeps stacking up, I dare challenge your conclusion.
%-absorb has the potential for far (FAR) greater absorb than the equivalent alternative piece with absolute absorb/reduction. Once you hit the %-caps, yeah, absolute is the (only) way to go after that. But until then, you really want % res/absorb/reduction and then combine that with absolute on your path to immunity, rather than always focusing fully on absolute/flat boosts.

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
Schnorki wrote: 2 months ago
TheDoo wrote: 2 months ago
[..]
So it's kinda always wiser to have flat boosts than % ones
[..]
While it is true that absolute absorb keeps stacking up, I dare challenge your conclusion.
%-absorb has the potential for far (FAR) greater absorb than the equivalent alternative piece with absolute absorb/reduction. Once you hit the %-caps, yeah, absolute is the (only) way to go after that. But until then, you really want % res/absorb/reduction and then combine that with absolute on your path to immunity, rather than always focusing fully on absolute/flat boosts.
This; when in doubt stacking both % absorb & flat integer reductions. This is essentially the DNA of the immortal sorc.

The beauty of the ability to reduce incoming damage; and conversely heal :)

TheDoo 225

Europe PC
In rare cases it depends on actual res you have (now that being said the main issue with my statement is that there are very few items that give big nominal/absolute numbers anyway [with for example The Rising Sun being one of them as someone already posted above] and mods that can spawn on items don't really go that far), but yes you are mostly correct Schnorki. :)

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation