Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
18 replies   1127 views

Description

I have 600 on my sorc right now, should I lose 20-40 of that and get sojs instead of my nagelrings? My sorc does ok damage, I recently switched out my occy for a double
Ist
Blade Of Ali Baba
. Just think I want to try to clear areas a little faster without losing too much mf, but again how much is enough? Thanks! (Getting back into this game again and need refreshed)

Can be used to make Runewords:

I have 600 on my sorc right now, should I lose 20-40 of that and get sojs instead of my nagelrings? My sorc does ok damage, I recently switched out my occy for a double
Ist
Blade Of Ali Baba
. Just think I want to try to clear areas a little faster without losing too much mf, but again how much is enough? Thanks! (Getting back into this game again and need refreshed)
Roughly 300 is the sweet spot.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
Farming is a numbers game. The more stuff you kill per minute, the more chances of finding something good. So kill speed is important. Don't have so much mf gear that is noticably decreases your kill speed. It's better to have 300mf and kill things twice as fast, than 600mf and twice as slow.

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.
its better to have 300% mf than 600% mf and kill 3-5% slower

300-350% mf is more than enough, if you can get it without slowing down, im running with 100-170 mf most of the time, not lettting 7% mf sc's in the way of a skill charm that up my damage.
It's important to remember that MF has diminishing returns for everything but magic items (Blues). I usually aim for 200-300, though always be sure it doesn't affect your kill speed.

If I am not responding add me on Bnet and drop me a message!
OP
Thanks everyone!

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Most of the unique items found using magic find aren't all that valuable. I've never used more than 200% magic find and yet I've found most of the valuable items in the game. For instance I found a 465 Poison small charm in Cows, and 2
Windforce
bows in two consecutive weeks (one in Chaos and one killing
Baal
). I've found every unique amulet in the game more than once, 7 Sojs, and some of them were found with virtually no magic find at all. The
Key
in my view is clear speed first and magic find second. So stack it until it begins to affect clear speed and then stop. Magic does nothing to help with rune drops. My top farming builds have fast clear speed and as a result I've found several
Jah
and
Ber
. My Strafezon with almost no magic find can clear TZ
Travincal
in seconds and as a result I average 3 sunders per run, and sometimes even 4 with no magic find.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Simply put, the more MF you can stack up without noticeably/significantly sacrificing clear speed, the better. There is no "enough" as it keeps adding more benefit (albeit diminishingly so).

Depending on the class/build, that may be 200. It may be 300. Or it may even be 500+. Dropping ideal non-MF gear for MF gear affects different builds quite differently. And said impact may be shifted even further (in either direction), depending on the zone(s) you intend to farm.

That is of course assuming you even have at least a slight priority/focus on magic/rare/set/unique stuff, rather than wanting to find bases. Otherwise, 0 is enough and 1 is already too much. :p
UnjustJester wrote: 2 months ago
It's important to remember that MF has diminishing returns for everything but magic items (Blues). I usually aim for 200-300, though always be sure it doesn't affect your kill speed.
Some mf "breakpoints":
(I try to keep at least 166% for the 100% effective for uniques)

- 100 mf - https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/i5am03i1
86% rare
83% set
71% unique

- 166 mf - https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/0i5c0au9
130% rare
125% set
100% unique

- 200 mf - https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/8eao03yf
150% rare
143% set
111% unique

- 300 mf - https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/1saq03wt
200% rare
188% set
136% unique

- 332 mf - https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/d7at03qs
214% rare
200% set
143% unique

- 350 mf - https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/cgar03y5
221% rare
206% set
146% unique

- 372 mf - https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/qvav0314
230% rare
213% set
150% unique

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Wouldn't call that "breakpoint", as these are not breaks (FHR, FCR, IAS... typically are breakpoints as these are discontinuous so 1 below or 1 above is very different.

FRW or MF have continuous functions, so this just adds chances and allows to reach round numbers for the practical values on speed and drops.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
That's why I use quotes ("breakpoints") 😉

mhlg wrote: 2 months ago
My Strafezon with almost no magic find can clear TZ
Travincal
in seconds and as a result I average 3 sunders per run, and sometimes even 4 with no magic find.
If im not mistaken, mf have no affect on sunder drops same with gheeds drop, its just an rng drop, mf is not used to decide if it drops or not. ( best number of sunders i got from 1 hour
Travincal
was 10 sunders)
Illusions wrote: 2 months ago
My Strafezon with almost no magic find can clear TZ
Travincal
If im not mistaken, mf have no affect on sunder drops same with gheeds drop, its just an rng drop, mf is not used to decide if it drops or not. ( best number of sunders i got from 1 hour
Travincal
was 10 sunders)
MF do not increase the chance of an item to drop, only the chance of a item that will already be droped to be magic/rare/set/unique.
You will not drop more charms/rings/jewel/amulet with high MF for example, but they will have more chance to be rare/set/unique when they drop (if possible...)

According to https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2-drop-calculator MF affect both Sunder and
Gheed's Fortune
chances.
I think it is possible that Sunders may have a different rule (they can only drop from super/unique/champion monster on TZ... so maybe MF do not affect their chance to drop or affect it differently...)
But I think
Gheed's Fortune
would follow the normal rule (you will not drop more Grand Charms because of MF, but there will be a higher chance for them to be a
Gheed's Fortune
)

i dont know if maxxroll has this correct tho, if mf really affected it, it should change alot from 0 % mf to 100% mf and it dosnt, only minor change in drop on maxrolls calc. going from 0% to 100% and we do know how mf affect uniques from 0% to 100%, if it worked the difference should be much higher.

and ive seen it discussed here in d2io before where it was also stated that mf do not affect the drops of a sunder /
Gheed
, so its just a question of what is correct, and personnaly i dont think mf affect sunder drops, since i get so many from trav with 100% mf, on average i get 4-6 sunders there with 100% mf .

Maxroll calc also said that Griffon drop from
Baal
was superhigh when terrorized, i also dont believe that to be true.

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Illusions wrote: 2 months ago
i dont know if maxxroll has this correct tho, if mf really affected it, it should change alot from 0 % mf to 100% mf and it dosnt, only minor change in drop on maxrolls calc. going from 0% to 100% and we do know how mf affect uniques from 0% to 100%, if it worked the difference should be much higher.

and ive seen it discussed here in d2io before where it was also stated that mf do not affect the drops of a sunder /
Gheed
, so its just a question of what is correct, and personnaly i dont think mf affect sunder drops, since i get so many from trav with 100% mf, on average i get 4-6 sunders there with 100% mf .

Maxroll calc also said that Griffon drop from
Baal
was superhigh when terrorized, i also dont believe that to be true.
I don't know as a fact magic find affects Sunder Charm drops or not, but a number of D2r info sites say it does. I would think that since it's a chance drop, the odds are that it does, but before that can happen it would first have to roll a Grand Charm. At least one info site even suggests you need to stack a lot of Magic Find to increase your odds. My drop rate on
Travincal
is because I can average a run a minute (clear speed) for the entire hour, and that increases the odds of a grand charm drop which in turn increases the odds of a Sunder drop even without much magic find.
With about 550 Magic Find,
Andariel
and
Duriel
have a 1 in 450 chance to drop a Sundering Charm.

Wowhead.com

that increases the odds of a grand charm drop which in turn increases the odds of a Sunder drop even without much magic find.
Sunders aren't grand charms turned unique.
Sunders are an extra item.

champion normally drop 1 item and 2 potions; when they do drop a sunder, they still also drop 1 item and 2 potion aswell.
Same for unique monsters who will drop 4 potions, 1 item + 1 sunder and superunique who will drop 4 potions, 2 items + a sunder.

Pretty sure mf doesn't affect their drop; its only a yes or no checkbox from the game

NOT PLAYING MUCH LATELY; ON MY MINECRAFT/MELEE GRIND
You can always make alternative offers with Keys.
I don't really trade in pgems.
Can trade on PC and Switch

second account JuliePayette#1511
i know doing more runs increase drops, im just saying that i do not believe mf affect the drop of a sunder, from what ive experienced doing trav runs and from what i have read.
JulieP wrote: 2 months ago
that increases the odds of a grand charm drop which in turn increases the odds of a Sunder drop even without much magic find.
Sunders aren't grand charms turned unique.
Sunders are an extra item.

champion normally drop 1 item and 2 potions; when they do drop a sunder, they still also drop 1 item and 2 potion aswell.
Same for unique monsters who will drop 4 potions, 1 item + 1 sunder and superunique who will drop 4 potions, 2 items + a sunder.

Pretty sure mf doesn't affect their drop; its only a yes or no checkbox from the game
Never thought about that before...
But as I dropped ~30 Sunders and just 2
Gheed's Fortune
, make sense Sunders follow a different rule from the regular "grand charms turned unique" 🤔🤔

mhlg 840

Americas PC
aoeah.com says
Sunder drop rates are unaffected by Magic Find. Any other item's drop probability is unaffected by dropping Sunder characters. The possibility that Sunders will drop depends only on Player Settings.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...