Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
26 replies   2149 views

Description

What are the last things to do before ladder ends? I already have my two mosaics.
I see that as of now: Hustle weapon, Hustle armor, Metamorphosis, Mosaic, Cure, Hearth, Ground, Temper, Bulwark are ladder only - the last 4 outside of pvp (?) I don't see the use. Meta I have 2 bases I want to make, Mosaic I have - Hustle weapons and Hustle armor seem to have quite a few uses - so maybe build some of those?

In addition I think my last ladder char will be a trapsin - since trap
Claws
are super expensive I was thinking about Infinity in a
Brandistock
I found. Now I was wondering if the trap
Claws
+5 oder +6 skills are still better? going from 40 to 50 will raise the average damage from 4485 to 6293 - pre-griff or facets:

Looks like the +5
Claws
with 2 os still beat Infinity but only if you manage to land
Conviction
- also if you don't use Infinity your Merc has too and IAS reqs+facets are unrealistic - so the claw+no facets will be more valid. If you wear Infinity your Merc can go Faith.

Any faults in my thinking? Con I took at -85% and -17% when imune - sunder sets the immunity to -95%.
Description by xigua

Can be used to make Runewords:

xigua 63

What are the last things to do before ladder ends? I already have my two mosaics.
I see that as of now: Hustle weapon, Hustle armor, Metamorphosis, Mosaic, Cure, Hearth, Ground, Temper, Bulwark are ladder only - the last 4 outside of pvp (?) I don't see the use. Meta I have 2 bases I want to make, Mosaic I have - Hustle weapons and Hustle armor seem to have quite a few uses - so maybe build some of those?

In addition I think my last ladder char will be a trapsin - since trap
Claws
are super expensive I was thinking about Infinity in a
Brandistock
I found. Now I was wondering if the trap
Claws
+5 oder +6 skills are still better? going from 40 to 50 will raise the average damage from 4485 to 6293 - pre-griff or facets:

Looks like the +5
Claws
with 2 os still beat Infinity but only if you manage to land
Conviction
- also if you don't use Infinity your Merc has too and IAS reqs+facets are unrealistic - so the claw+no facets will be more valid. If you wear Infinity your Merc can go Faith.

Any faults in my thinking? Con I took at -85% and -17% when imune - sunder sets the immunity to -95%.
Have you tested
Infinity on merc and Crescent Moon + Spirit on you?
(I prefer this instead of self equip Infinity with my Lightning/
Chain Lightning
Sorceress)

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
I agree with Fred. Self-wield Infinity is for
Nova
sorcs. Crescent Moon + Spirit with an Infinity /
Holy Freeze
Merc is the way to go for trapsins and Lightning /
Chain Lightning
sorcs because they fight from a distance.
I haven't tried trapsin in a while, but when I had my fire one, I used to rock a 6 OS
Phase Blade
with 6x 5/5 fire facets and it melted everything pretty quick. I kind of miss it :/

azeroti#1149
PC or PS
Selling Ber/Jah, click for wish list.
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
run on PS, accepting tips. Details
OP

xigua 63

interesting - why would you do cresent moon + Spirit over Infinity? I guess it has more attack speed, durability, skills and doesn't lack too much behind in terms of -light res. Is there another reason?

I traded now one 2os 3trap, 3 ls claw I will try - basically cost me everything but its kind of a childhood Dream :D

Schnorki 3190Moderator

PC
azeroti wrote: 3 months ago
I haven't tried trapsin in a while, but when I had my fire one, I used to rock a 6 OS
Phase Blade
with 6x 5/5 fire facets and it melted everything pretty quick. I kind of miss it :/
Worth pointing out that that's usually the better choice for light trapsins as well, if you generally go that route.

Crescent Moon is certainly more budget friendly and all that but in terms of performance, as %dmg works these days and sins hardly have any going in, a +30/-30 6-sock tends to beat crescent's +0/-35 by a fairly clear margin (yes, even if it isn't a perfect +30/-30). That's including immunes where -res is significantly more important/relatively stronger than on other mobs.

Realistically though, trapsin optimization is more about figuring out what compromise you're ultimately happiest with. Getting dmg maximized while at the same time keeping res capped, trap lay speed capped and still hitting 102 tele speed breakpoint isn't quite that easy actually. Or more accurately...'tis impossible as true dmg maximization will hard-prevent at least one of those, if not two.

At the same time, trapsin dmg is pretty darn high either way so personally, I opt to prioritize basically everything else over raw trap dmg on mine and she still keeps plenty of it to plow through anything with ease.
Schnorki hit the nail on the head. Crescent Moon on a budget, 6/30/30 if you can afford the lightning facets.

6/30/30
Phase Blade
with fire facets is nice because you can also use it on a
Fire Claws
druid.
trapsin: sunder charm, Crescent Moon + Spirit,
Magefist
+ griffon's to get the speed up, put an Insight on a merc.
push traps as high as possible with skillers + a blue necklace with +3 traps.
get a coh for more skill damage and some res.

that's it.

no need for Infinity and you don't get hit anyway. skill lightning traps only except 1 point in
Burst of Speed
to run fast.
you don't get hit anyway and you can lay down five traps at once. a good Pattern is 3 lightning + 2 Death traps. cows explode in packs if they don't melt before.

GG

+3
Claws
sound nice in theory because damage. in practice though, it's shit. you lose very much fcr and put down traps quite slowly which sucks hard. infi you don't need because of a sunder charm and Enigma is not necessary in my opinion because you run quite fast with
Burst of Speed
, similar to the speed of a charging pally which is enough for me.

OP

xigua 63

Agree with you somewhat - the claw I have now I need 42 IAS for max trap lady speed - it has 10, 20 IAS gloves and one jewel in it fixed that.
For fcr I am with you - with griff, arach and an amulet you can get 65 but never 102.
Brandistock
Enigma has a worse problem with IAS - needs 63, has nothing so you need Faith merc.
Crescent Moon need 42, has 20, so still need gloves and another 10 for may trap speed - also not trivial.

Nothing is perfect as schnorki said, all compromise.

What do you think on hoto / Spirit and pre-buff and port setup?
I have never played the Assassin class, so please excuse this very uninformed question: Does a Trapsin leverage IAS or FCR?

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.
OP

xigua 63

IAS for laying traps - based on weapon speed e.g. -30 weapon like
Phase Blade
or GT will need another 42, -20 weapon another 63.
FCR you need mainly for
Teleport
- and some other skills like MB or
Shock Web
if you use it
xigua wrote: 3 months ago
IAS for laying traps - based on weapon speed e.g. -30 weapon like
Phase Blade
or GT will need another 42, -20 weapon another 63.
FCR you need mainly for
Teleport
- and some other skills like MB or
Shock Web
if you use it
The frequency that trap actually attack after being layed is fixed or you may increase it with IAS, FCR or other thing?

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
OP

xigua 63

Shooting speed is fixed - only laying speed is influenced by IAS.
OP

xigua 63

Planning the gear right now and IAS and cnbf gives me a headache.
- Nos+Ik gloves and
Boots
would mean I don't need any IAS on the claw - but no cnbf
- Death gloves and
Belt
has cnbf, but still need 2 IAS - but nice res and free boot slot on top for dancer or other
- Nos and sigon would also cover IAS but I think they are just worse than IK and nos.

I could also
Sacrifice
fcr and use highlords I guess - but doesn't feel like it's worth it.
No IAS source on
Boots
and only the 2 belts with cnbf, right? I feel cnbf is important.

Bass 76

Sorceress Europe Playstation
fredkid wrote: 3 months ago
Have you tested
Infinity on merc and Crescent Moon + Spirit on you?
(I prefer this instead of self equip Infinity with my Lightning/
Chain Lightning
Sorceress)
i use on
Chain Lightning
Sorceress Crescent Moon + dual Dream (buy cheap Dream on kate shield for
Zod
and make Dream on Daemon Head) max
Static Field
for get more area and chain lighting (lighting sunder + Infinity on merc act 2) )) one off lazy builds ( like dragondin or dragondreamandin ) and very nice

PSN ID- BassPV77
Time zone - UTC+3:00
DUKE NUKEM MUST DIE !
Planning the gear right now and IAS and cnbf gives me a headache.
- Nos+Ik gloves and
Boots
would mean I don't need any IAS on the claw - but no cnbf
- Death gloves and
Belt
has cnbf, but still need 2 IAS - but nice res and free boot slot on top for dancer or other
- Nos and sigon would also cover IAS but I think they are just worse than IK and nos.

I could also
Sacrifice
fcr and use highlords I guess - but doesn't feel like it's worth it.
No IAS source on
Boots
and only the 2 belts with cnbf, right? I feel cnbf is important.
Could you put a
Cham
in your
Helm
, to get the cnbf?

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.
OP

xigua 63

I need to find 32 IAS and would like to have cnbf.
Slots available are
Belt
, gloves and
Boots
- I could
Sacrifice
a socket for 15 ias jewel - losing a 5/5.
I could also
Sacrifice
a 2/20 amulet for highlords.
The plan is wear Enigma and griffon.
In addition I need to take care of 30 str for Spirit off-hand set or 41 for shadow dancers if this is the
Boots
Dex it is 21, 27 fhr would be nice
Res to 75 I would need 38 all and 76 lightning. Str, dex, res I would consider nice to have. What I could think of:

dual Death + dancer
+cnbf, nice res, 30 IAS, flexible
Boots
, fhr covered
-need to
Sacrifice
a socket slot for IAS

Dual IK and nosferatu
+45 IAS, stats covered i.e. 197 life
-no cnbf, no fhr, no res

Double sigon I think is worse than double Ik.
An alternative could be random 20 IAS gloves but if for cnbf you need trang ouls then it feels like the Death combo is better (you get 83 useful res and a free boot slot).

I am torn between double Ik and Death - any other advice or ideas? Can you do without cnbf?

*Build is trapsin
*Death as in
Death's Guard

*I forgot arach :( so yea, Death's
Boots
and gloves maybe.
OP

xigua 63

Yea but will lose a facet - could be an option. I opened a new thread now - since I thought people might not read so far down. Sorry about that.

TheDoo 214

Europe PC
Can you do without cnbf?
Depends on what build you are doing exactly... I'm a tiny bit confused ngl xd

I would say probably Highlord's +
Blood Boots
(fhr/frw and res) and
Blood Gloves
with (ias and res) +
Arachnid Mesh
(also giving you back 20 FCR) +
Raven Frost
[if you are using BK/SoJ you won't lose much]; alt. you can use
Death's Guard
or shove
Cham
into Griffon's ig as last resort... Some decent Nat'
Boots
aren't that bad for your light problem, maybe some crafted
Belt
with stats or something along those lines.

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
Edit, nm...

I think we need more information. Dual Death must be a barb. Probably
Whirlwind
? What bases? Horking, so no ravenfrost? Mixed with elemental damage...?

After the hit recovery changes in D2R, building around high FHR breakpoints is kind of a thing of the past for softcore pvm--in my opinion

CBF on a horker is tricky to get with high IAS requirements. Broadly speaking, with zerker axes you need a 2 socket
Helm
with
Cham
and an ias jewel or 2 ias jewels in your
Helm
and trang's
Belt
. If you are willing to use IK gloves over LoH, then you could maybe consider
Stealskull
and
Demonhorn's Edge
as helms. You didn't mention a merc, so Faith might be an option. Hard to imagine passing over highlords for the extra damage, especially if you don't have gface or goreriders. That's about all I can offer without more information

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation