Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
52 replies   3251 views

Caster end game boots (with no need for Resist or FHR)

No data yet

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

I did some more offline testing with P8 throne and
Baal
. This is for an ES
Nova
sorc self-wielding Infinity.

Silkweaves make almost no difference in max buffed mana. It's like 2.9k vs. 3.0k. The MPK is theoretically helpful, but the cost is poison resistance, which my
Boots
had.

The super poison in the throne room is noticeable if you get hit enough, even with Cure and
Prayer
. I had about 50% poison res. I could have boosted that with small charms, but at a cost to life an mana. Overall, I'm not actually sure about the difference between silks and poison res
Boots
for end game.

Seems like a bit of a wash, but I might lean slightly in favor of poison res
Boots
just for the reduced nuisance, even with Cure.

Edit:

Eh, on second thought...

Mana was a bit higher with silks than with the other
Boots
(which had energy on them). So I could lose a few mana charms in favor of PR charms and possibly max it, thus making silks better because of the MPK. Maybe I'm leaning silks, but it's not a slam dunk.
fredkid wrote: 3 months ago
fredkid wrote: 3 months ago
departure wrote: 3 months ago

Res of course doesn't help with mana damage.
Do
Energy Shield
"absorb" damage before resistences are aplied??

Ex:
You have
80% dmg to mana from ES
50% resist

Take 1000 raw damage.

Do you lose 800 mana or 400 mana?
The answer is 800 according to skills/energy-shield-t4051.html / post3620206.html#p3620206
🤔
Aelanwyr wrote:
Energy Shield
diverts its fraction of damage to the mana globe before [Magic] Damage Reduced by X, which is in turn applied before resistances. In practice, this means a sufficiently powerful
Energy Shield
and a modestly large quantity of flat DRB and MDRB would ensure only poison damage is able to reach the health globe. This approach has the added benefit of mostly trivializing resistances other than poison, a noteworthy benefit in the era of Sunder Charms.
What make me think... Do Open Wounds and Crushing Blow bypass the
Energy Shield
like Poison?
(I would say that the first yes, the second no... 🤔)
Hmm, excellent questions! I was speaking in the PvM context, where Open Wounds is not a consideration, but I would expect open wounds to bypass the shield as poison does, since both function by modifying the hidden health regen stat. As for Crushing Blow, while CB can be encountered in PvM, I've never heard of
Blunderbore
being an especially dangerous enemy to an
Energy Shield
user, and I don't have a reason to think Crushing Blow would be treated differently than any other source of physical damage.

Edit: having reviewed some old forum posts, there does seem to be a record of Open Wounds bypassing
Energy Shield
. I have edited the quoted text to reflect this.

Edit 2: the Amazon Basin and some old forum posts about dueling suggest that Crushing Blow does bypass
Energy Shield

All trades are Switch only :)

Active most nights on Switch (Friend Code: 8500-1494-0819) from 0200-0500 UTC+00:00

Thank you 2.4 for making all of my wildest dreams come true!
Open Wounds and Crushing Blow take directly from your life regardless
Energy Shield

Relax and have fun!
I managed to get my hands on a 2/20 and +3
Nova
Ormus
. So now my gear is:

Infinity
Scythe
(-54)
2x soj
Ormus
Nova
with facet
-24 griffons
arach
Magefist

sandstorm/silks
20 res anni, 20 res torch.

Ormus
doesn't offer resistances, and my relatively inexpensive 2/20 has no resists to help out. So without treks I cannot max poison res without sacrificing a skiller. Alternatively I could
Sacrifice
a skill at the soj position and get res from a 2/10 ammy and 10fcr ring.

To max poison res with treks, you still need some small charms, but not all of them. So some can be life/mana, making up for the silks a little. Ultimately you end up with a little less mana and a little more life to go treks, but with 75PR instead of 69PR.

So the question is, are you better of sacrificing 100ish life and 6PR to gain 100 mana and 5mpk? I honestly haven't figured out which is better.
I'm surprized no-one has pitched
Hotspur
for casterboots?

It's not something I would typically go to (as meeting the conditons OP describes is kinda hard), but if (like OP) you're allready capped on both resistance and FHR-breakpoints (and have access to
Teleport
) before you even put on
Boots
it's something I'd consider for the +15 max fr-resist and 45 fr. Especially if, as claimed, you don't even need the mana from silks.
OP
If you can't benefit from the +15 max fire resist (or don't need it),
Aldur's Advance
is better than
Hotspur

About
Caster Boots
I think people prefer other affix over the auto mods (and is pretty hard to get a crafted boot with 3 resists + frw)

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
fredkid wrote: 1 month ago
If you can't benefit from the +15 max fire resist (or don't need it),
Aldur's Advance
is better than
Hotspur

About
Caster Boots
I think people prefer other affix over the auto mods (and is pretty hard to get a crafted boot with 3 resists + frw)
You can allways need / benefit from 15 max fr. You can argue if it's worth it compared to other stats (like more MF / Life), but it's allways usefull.

(The only exceptions would be if you're allready at 95 fr and that is quite extreme. It's a condition that's very rarely satisified, and there is nothing in the original post suggesting that is the case for OP - quite the opposite I'd say.)
OP
What I mean is that "max resist" don't increase your current resist per se, it only increase the max
Cap
. So you need to have a total resist > 75 to benefit from it. If your total resist (including
Hotspur
) is 75- your are not benefiting from max resist yet...

True, but OP said allready capped resistanse. That's the whole reasone why the classic rare (possibly tri-res)
Boots
with resistance was out, and the question was raised to begin with.

Also, since
Hotspur
comes with it's own +45 fr your resistance would have to be really poor to not be able to take advantage from the +15 max.
OP
Yep you are right👍
(Forgot about the "already have max resist without
Boots
" premisse....)

mhm. It's a rather tough premisse to meet.

As I said I don't typically go to
Hotspur
myself, for my casters, and that's precicly because I rarely meet that premisse.
If I'm working within that premisse however, I tought they should be considered.

I've only ever met the premisse once, and that was on my
Tornado
-druid (due to his "odd" breakpoints compared to other casters).
OP

More on sandstorm vs. silks.

With a full stash of skillers, an anni, and a torch, and if you hold a
Key
, you get 8 small charms.

My poison res on my ES
Nova
sorc before those 8 is -30 (20 from anni and torch). The only real option to obtain poison res is at the amulet and the
Boots
. My amulet is a 2/20 and I'm not trying to buy one with poison res. Which means it's just
Boots

Max poison res on a s/c 11, so you get 88 poison res max from the 8 charms putting you at 58PR. If you drop keys you could hit 69. Honestly at 58 it's somewhat marginal. I get good
Prayer
from the merc (CoH) and Cure cuts out poison pretty fast, so it is livable.

At the moment, I'm running silks because of this. There might be some room here for the best end game
Boots
for an ES
Nova
sorc being
Caster Boots
with poison res roll.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...