Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
30 replies   7821 views

Description

Not planning to build one quite yet but I was wondering what you would gear it with. Especially the following alternative I would be interested in you opinion about:

- Bramble vs Enigma
- Trang Ouls Wing,
Belt
and Gloves vs. ? + arach + ? <- especially this one I would be interested in - shouldn't you reach with web, facets and this close to -100% resist?
- Else I would assume Sojs,
Shako
or some gg. hat, Mara or some gg amulet.
- Merc you would gear with Infinity?
-
Eth
sandstorm as
Boots
Description by xigua

Can be used to make Runewords:

xigua 63

Not planning to build one quite yet but I was wondering what you would gear it with. Especially the following alternative I would be interested in you opinion about:

- Bramble vs Enigma
- Trang Ouls Wing,
Belt
and Gloves vs. ? + arach + ? <- especially this one I would be interested in - shouldn't you reach with web, facets and this close to -100% resist?
- Else I would assume Sojs,
Shako
or some gg. hat, Mara or some gg amulet.
- Merc you would gear with Infinity?
-
Eth
sandstorm as
Boots

Necrarch 1608Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Bramble is stronger, but Enigma is WAY more practical. Matter of taste and also how you use your extra skill points (poison only uses 60 + 7 in curses, some people use summons -> then Enigma is even betterà.

3 pieces Trang definitely helps too, but you can build it otherwise.

Infi -> does not impact enemy poison res so good old Insight is usually more practical for mana. Well,
Conviction
still attacks defense, but less significant.

Eth
Sandstorm to make it for Sunder seems an obvious choice indeed. Same as above if you use summons
Marrowwalk
is also an option.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Necrarch wrote: 3 months ago
some people use summons -> then Enigma is even better.
Just want to point out those "some people" are wrong to do so, and Schnorki will surely come in and post some helpful deepdive about it, but summons actively hurt your poison damage output.
In short, in every frame some poison damage over time would tick down and deal some while anything would hit your target in that same frame , it gets overwritten by that hit.

Also spamming
Poison Nova
only refreshes the duration of it (2 seconds or 50 frames) and applies 1/50 of its damage immediately. Bu you overwrote the previous tick of damage when you applied this new one and effectively cancelled each other out. Which also means you don't necessarily need to hit the 75 FCR breakpoint, if you don't use Enigma.

Having only mercenary (and you can have literally anyone as noone makes you stronger. Personally I run Harmony act1 with Bramble on me) and your golem (Insight) is the better option.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
Queegon wrote: 3 months ago
... and Schnorki will surely come in and post some helpful deepdive about it..
Love the ninja-edit on that one. Yeah, I saw you! :P

Though it is simple enough to summarize without my usual wall of text. As you just have. And..well, as was done just yesterday already.
Schnorki wrote: 3 months ago
Poison tends to be its own thing. In part because other damage conflicts with poison for the same frame, effectively blocking it. Bring enough summons and you'll have stuff get hit by one summon or another most frames, effectively blocking most of your poison damage.
On bosses at least.

With enough mobs around it isn't a big problem but at that point, poison shreds through them quick enough anyways so your summons will end up being kind of a cute gimmick on the side and that's about it.
Necrarch wrote: 3 months ago
some people use summons -> then Enigma is even better.
Just want to point out those "some people" are wrong to do so, and Schnorki will surely come in and post some helpful deepdive about it, but summons actively hurt your poison damage output.
In short, in every frame some poison damage over time would tick down and deal some while anything would hit your target in that same frame , it gets overwritten by that hit.
Having only mercenary (and you can have literally anyone as noone makes you stronger, personally I run Harmony act1 with Bramble on me) and your golem (Insight) is the better option.
Do you max
Iron Golem
?

LoD
LackofDiscipline wrote: 3 months ago
Do you max
Iron Golem
?
Lol, why? Defense doesn't matter. Max
Golem Mastery
, if you want to make your golem better. Create it on hell dificulty with +summoning skillers and + all/necromancer skill items to up his health from mastery. Then never use those items again for as long as it lives. Not true.
Love the ninja-edit on that one. Yeah, I saw you! :P
You saw nothing.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
My build has
Death's Web
, Bramble, 3 Piece Trang's (glove,
Belt
, shield). Really works well for P1.

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!

M1ck 332

Europe PC
Insight for
Iron Golem
and Mercenary carries Infinity. As pointed out above no affect on poison, but Infinity helps
Corpse Explosion
Lower Resist
Poison Nova
until a few die and then chain
Corpse Explosion
. With
Flame Rift
this is much quicker in areas like
Chaos Sanctuary
(
Aldur's Advance
Boots
used instead of
Sandstorm Trek
).

No need to max out
Golem Mastery
, just put a few spare points into it. It's fairly tanky for regular gameplay. The points are better spent elsewhere on this build.

I like the 125
Teleport
breakpoint so don't use the 3 piece Trang's. Personal choice try both and see what you prefer. The only issue is that you will need a caster amulter and
Circlet
/
Coronet
with 20 FCR.
This is why I don't like necromancer at all. No matter if you are a summoner, boner, or poisoner, it will always devolve into CE build. Objectively better but eugh.

To me that's like playing an RPG where Yes and No dialogue options or killing the quest guy leads to the same outcome of the quest.

Therefore my poisoner stays purely toxic when running around. :D

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
And my Bone necro stays purely Bone. :)
(Mainly a positioning game in that case..do it right and CE changes little to nothing - same for poison really, just less so)
Yea im still gearing up my psn necro, im really waiting for a +3 psn Bone skills with +3psn
Nova
shrunken head to drop… then i gotta get 2 sockets and some 5/5 psn facets.

I’d have a +3
Circlet
too (socketed), with a +3 amulet, then just a bunch of skillers with run/walk small charms in the backpack

It’d be Bramble for me!

My whole idea is to run around spoiling a bunch of high player count beef and nothing else. I’m hoping it would rival my
Nova
sorc’s speed
Max
Golem Mastery
, if you want to make your golem better. Create it on hell dificulty with +summoning skillers and + all/necromancer skill items to up his health from mastery. Then never use those items again for as long as it lives.
Golem dies and automatically respawns when you join game, he gets stats from your current gear every time. So no need to max summon tree or search for skill shrine. I currently play with Beast IG, 15 in
Golem Mastery
, 36 with soft points from gear. 8k health is enough if you play carefully and keep him away from extra strong fana/might urdar packs.

My time zone is GMT+3, I am usually available for trades between 6:00-10:00 PM
Morder07 wrote: 3 months ago
Golem dies and automatically respawns when you join game, he gets stats from your current gear every time. So no need to max summon tree or search for skill shrine. I currently play with Beast IG, 15 in
Golem Mastery
, 36 with soft points from gear. 8k health is enough if you play carefully and keep him away from extra strong fana/might urdar packs.
Oh cool, didn't know this. Found a source too:
"The save file only includes info on the item, so golem level when joining a game is taken from your current skills."
So swap to HotO or CtA+Spirit when exiting. :P

Do you max
Iron Golem
?
Golem Mastery
, if you want to make your golem better.
Forgive my ignorance. I'm not too knowledgeable about either necromancers or iron golems. I merely asked because if you don't use summons I was wondering what else you do with the skill points saved.

LoD

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
Do you max
Iron Golem
?
Golem Mastery
, if you want to make your golem better.
Forgive my ignorance. I'm not too knowledgeable about either necromancers or iron golems. I merely asked because if you don't use summons I was wondering what else you do with the skill points saved.
Golem skill points aren't created equal for all golems. Only clay and blood actually get life out of more skill points invested in them directly.
Iron Golem
gets a measly 35 defense per lvl which is basically nothing. So in order to buff IG survivability, you want to indeed go for mastery instead.

Or you just max your CE (radius) instead which probably nets you more of an overall benefit.
Understood, you spend at least one in
Lower Resist
, so there's 7 in curse tree, 62 to poison and its prereqs. The rest of 41 skill points can go based on your play pattern and preferences. Most people will max
Corpse Explosion
leaving up to 22 (at lvl 99) to spend on golems from summoning tree, one point into clay, blood, iron, resists, rest into mastery.

Considering your avatar, yeah! :D

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
(Mainly a positioning game in that case..do it right and CE changes little to nothing - same for poison really, just less so)
I support this sentiment.
Bone and poison stay pure :fistbump:

If you mostly play p1, would the added damage from Bramble be overkill? I’m thinking of going with the act 1 merc with Harmony route. It’ll be one less character to swap my Enigma with.
3 piece trangs and dweb is more than enough for p1. Engima is huge for utility.

Bramble is worth considering for p8.

Honestly Infinity with Insight
Iron Golem
is tough to make work. At lower player counts Infinity is really not needed, so you can go Insight with your merc. At higher player counts, keeping the
Iron Golem
alive gets tricky. Especially in the tougher areas.

Edit:
...and even moreso with Bramble.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...