Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   2416 views

Description

I built a Grief and ended up with 35 IAS and 353 dmg *sob* - before I bought a 10% ed
Phase Blade
for
Um
. Would you redo the roll or just move on and play with it? (is for self-use on
Frenzy
baba)
Description by xigua

Can be used to make Runewords:

xigua 65

I built a Grief and ended up with 35 IAS and 353 dmg *sob* - before I bought a 10% ed
Phase Blade
for
Um
. Would you redo the roll or just move on and play with it? (is for self-use on
Frenzy
baba)
Move on and play with it, definitely! Getting another base is not that big of a deal as wasting a
Lo

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service. If u get item otherwise, retract ur pending offer. Edit ur post or post "retracted" to do so.

Schnorki 3706Moderator

PC
I'd reroll but that's just me. And assuming you don't have more important bits to use your funds on atm.

Unless you need higher IAS to hit a breakpoint then reroll and it isn't just me. :P

Just get another base, seeing how the base costs little to nothing for a Grief and just sell off the lower one to get some funds back afterwards. Beats clearing and rerolling in the same base to add risk of "even worse" and completely wasting the value of the current one.
TLDR: just play with it - it’ll be fine

I’ve re-rolled Grief like 100 times trying to get a perfect roll, best i got was 39/396 - But I’m also way in the end-game and am trying to min/max a WW barb.

For 95% of my time my Grief was similar to yours - it’s totally fine. The damage difference won’t be noticeable outside a high players count game, the IAS difference is only 5%, easily made up for.
Basic rule I follow is. If you're wealthy enough go for it, if you can still get other core upgrades and you're not as wealthy then don't.

Time i'm most active 03:00am - 06:00am UTC on occasions 02:00pm-07:00pm
Deffo reroll if you can afford it.

I have a 14/2 and a 15/2 base which I constantly reroll - need to see those 4's when mousing over.

BTW I might not be the best advice giver - I'm addicted to perfect rune word rolling.

Troll offers will get Troll responses!
Remember that IAS roll makes no difference in barbarian's off-hand, so a 30/400 is better than 40/399.

If you want to try again, sell that and roll a new one in a new base. Reroll only if the base is very rare, or if it's worth more than the runes inside.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)

M1ck 460

Europe PC
I'm with Queegon. Unless you are missing an IAS breakpoint on main hand there is no point. Even a low roll Grief is a good Grief comparative to other options.

It's only worth re-rolling in perfect or near perfect superior bases (in my experience).

If you have hundreds of
Lo
runes though knock yourself out. Grief is hard to get a good roll though...
OP

xigua 65

In all builds or also in
Frenzy
barb?

Rik 134

Americas PC
In a perfect base it might be worth rerolling but in your case it’s not. You could sell it, as is, at least for
Ohm
. Yes, it’s a loss,
Um
+ the cost of invested runes, but would you rather have an
Ohm
rune or a base worth
Um
? You’ll lose the rune investment no matter what. I’m surprised you got the base for
Um
tho, I’d expect it to go at least for
Ist
, but nonetheless I’d still sell the base.

As far as whether you should work towards obtaining a better Grief, I’d say go for it, depending on what your rune bank looks like. I recall you posting about your first
Shako
a week or two ago, it sounds like you’ve come very far in a short period of time, but if you’re not swimming in high runes, it’s best to hold off and keep what you’ve got for now. Yeah you can do better, but you might not even notice if you do. A 350 to 400 Grief is roughly 15 percent increase, but when thinking about your total damage, with
Frenzy
you can roughly cut that in half if you’re using another Grief, you’re then talking 7 to 8 percent more dam. If your character isn’t real polished yet, there are other investments you could make that would result in a bigger gain for your runes. But eventually, yeah, get the big Grief, it keeps the economy rolling ;)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...