Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   4270 views

Description

Hello,

I’ve played d2 since launch when I was 11. It’s definitely one of my favorite games of all time.

Something I have never really played with was a martial arts assassin, much less the assassin at all.

I have read descriptions and watched videos and still can’t quite wrap my head around how a Mosaic assassin works.

I play SSF offline on Xbox. I have the runes required and have found some decent
Claws
with +2 to different martial arts finishers.

What I am asking is can someone please break it down for me like I am new to the game? I know Diablo 2 mechanics and gameplay. Any help and basic explanations is greatly appreciated at this point!

Thank you!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello,

I’ve played d2 since launch when I was 11. It’s definitely one of my favorite games of all time.

Something I have never really played with was a martial arts assassin, much less the assassin at all.

I have read descriptions and watched videos and still can’t quite wrap my head around how a Mosaic assassin works.

I play SSF offline on Xbox. I have the runes required and have found some decent
Claws
with +2 to different martial arts finishers.

What I am asking is can someone please break it down for me like I am new to the game? I know Diablo 2 mechanics and gameplay. Any help and basic explanations is greatly appreciated at this point!

Thank you!
1. Attack with a
Charge
skill, such as
Phoenix Strike
until you have the amount of charges for the ability you want.
2. Attack with any different
Charge
ability such as
Claws of Thunder
until you have the desired amount of charges.
3. Spam your finisher of choice, at least once every 15 seconds on a mob / boss.

Dual Mosaic means you never lose your
Charge
, so for instance if you go
Dragon Talon
as your finisher it hits 5 times, each time releasing the effect of the charges you have without expending the
Charge
. So a single hit will launch 5 chain lightnings if thats the
Charge
you have for instance. As
Dragon Talon
is a quickly spammable skill it allows you to "Cast" your charges at a much faster rate than a sorc.

If I am not responding add me on Bnet and drop me a message!
OP
Interesting. Is this one of those things you just kinda need to play around with to get the feel for?

Schnorki 3210Moderator

PC
It doesn't feel like anything else I dare say so yes.

Essentially, MA assassins used to be "balanced" (in theory...never really up to snuff) around the fact that you would use their
Charge
-up skills to build up to 3 charges of said skill and then use the finishers to use up those charges, in turn massively buffing the finisher via said
Charge
. As charges were used up by finishers, you had to re-build them with the
Charge
-up skill again. Additionally, charges expire on their own when not used or refreshed.

Mosaic took that whole concept and basically removed the downside all but entirely. You now get your charges up same as before but your finisher then not only doesn't use up those charges anymore (while still receiving the full benefit) but even more so, it refreshes them, meaning they don't even expire on their own anymore. The combination of those two means that not only is each
Charge
significantly stronger than ever before (since the rebuilding of them is dropped) but you can stack basically every single
Charge
-up skill at full charges on top of one another as you can refresh everything with a single finisher hit. That part wasn't realistically possible before, due to the expiration of charges.

So basically, MA assassin went from "
Charge
Charge
Charge
, finisher,
Charge
, finisher,
Charge
, finisher, ...." to "
Charge
everything on first trash pack -> nothing but finisher (1-shot), finisher (1-shot), finisher (1-shot), finisher (1-shot), finisher (1-shot), ... for the remainder of the game" and in doing so went from somewhat underpowered to just blatantly insane and utterly OP.

Still plays very different though because if you wait too long between finishers, your charges still expire so you're basically looking at the only class that has a time factor to it, forcing you to move on quick enough to not fall back to having to re-
Charge
everything. Given, theoretically e.g.
Frenzy
has that as well but for
Frenzy
you just keep using the same attack and hardly notice the re-stacking (except on run speed if next pack is too far) whereas for a Mosaic sin, it really is night and day and actually costs you time, survivability and all that jazz.

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
I am not clear about MA sin's play style?
is it really 3 charges and then finisher,
Charge
-finisher until done?
so finisher is supposed to refund charges?
is there a guide on how to play MA sins properly?

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.

Schnorki 3210Moderator

PC
Charge
up all of your
Charge
skills on first mob or two. spam finisher all game. done.

2x Mosaic = finisher never uses charges and always refreshes the duration of existing charges.

the only "challenge" to Mosaic play is to keep going fast enough from pack to pack so you never run into the
Charge
expiration timer. i.e. no breaks allowed. :p

If you take too long building charges initially, you can just build 3, hit a finisher to refresh duration, build another 3, finisher, build another 3 and so on..
Building charges is not a problem but building the right
Charge
could be sometimes. I mean, for
Phoenix Strike
.:)

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!

xigua 63

It is broken as hell - especially with Enigma... only issue at first is not dying but that goes away with gear.

ShadowHeart 1844Moderator

Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 3 months ago
the only "challenge" to Mosaic play is to keep going fast enough from pack to pack so you never run into the
Charge
expiration timer. i.e. no breaks allowed. :p
And that is why I don't play Mosaic much since the first season. I mean, it's OP AF and a boatload of fun and all that, but it sure can be a bit stressful to constantly need to be on the move. I like taking my time with sorting through loot, especially considering the items-on-screen-limit. Before Mosaic I didn't think D2R needed a loot filter, but post-Mosaic, I do think that it would be a very nice QoL change.

xigua wrote: 3 months ago
only issue at first is not dying but that goes away with gear.
Use
Cloak of Shadows
+
Mind Blast
and you can
Charge
up in Peace vs pretty much any pack of enemies :)

basicnecromancy wrote: 3 months ago
Building charges is not a problem but building the right
Charge
could be sometimes. I mean, for
Phoenix Strike
.:)
Indeed lol. I always start with
Phoenix Strike
for this reason :) Still sometimes "miss" the one I'm going for (yes, I suck :P).

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Schnorki 3210Moderator

PC
ShadowHeart wrote: 3 months ago
And that is why I don't play Mosaic much since the first season. I mean, it's OP AF and a boatload of fun and all that, but it sure can be a bit stressful to constantly need to be on the move. I like taking my time with sorting through loot, especially considering the items-on-screen-limit.
I actually kind of enjoyed the "chain-kill, no breaks!" part of it. Though despite that, I still prefer the trapper playstyle overall.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...