Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
37 replies   22481 views

What class should i do a naked run with?

Poll ended at 5 months ago

Amazon (4%)
Barb (4%)
Druid (12%)
Paladin (4%)
Sorc (8%)
Necro (60%)
Assassin (8%)
Total votes: 25
Total votes: 25

Description

Description by Nate2.0

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
What doesn't help is desyncing and going straight from "full health, nothing on your screen" to "screen flooded with mobs, surrounded, unable to move or do anything, dead instantly". Shitty net code is fun mmkay. F hardcore. :D
OP
That’s rough buddy

Necrarch 1610Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Ouch. What level ?

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
Necrarch wrote: 5 months ago
Ouch. What level ?
32 I think it was.
Nothing major. ^^
There was a naked sorc blog back in the early 2000s where the guy ran a HC sorc naked up until Diablo I think and then died.
Props for the attempt in any case.

Come to Hardcore, Embrace the Dread ;)
Please Review my about me post for Ground rules before you make posts in my topics, if these are violated (even in ignorance) the consequence is the same.
OP
Well my barb died at lvl 17… mostly through my laziness going through the maggot lair…those damn lightning scarabs! And right before i was going to get
Leap Attack
!

So now that the poll’s done i guess imma do a necro run with the vow of poverty!

I’m actually pretty excited, the barb naked was soooo sloooow, could basically only
Bash
like 5 times in a row then pot…pot…pot

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
Aye, them scarabs can be quite painful when nekkid :)
OP
Wow what a difference! The barb was like: urgh… nothing worthwhile to spend skill points on… and killing stuff on P1 is hard because i miss punching things the majority of the time.

with the necro it’s like: I’ve got too many choices between great skills! And i started with higher dex so i can actually connect my punches the majority of the time!

The game has been so easy thus far i even went to up the players level only to find i had played on p7 from the start! (Currently lvl 10 and just about to head into the underground passage)

Necro is the way to go for the run of poverty for sure
Hey, if anyone dares to venture themselves into such an endeavour on non-ladder softcore (say, for training before jumping head first in hardcore direction) and manage to find some cool items, I'd be willing to accept them as a gift since you wouldn't need 'em anyway.

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
Nate2.0 wrote: 4 months ago
Necro is the way to go for the run of poverty for sure
"Not barb or zon is the way to go..." is probably more accurate of a summary. :D

Was actually gonna give it another go..but then I noticed BG3 introduced a new game mode and whatnot. Effectively hardcore in a way that's actually good because you won't just die to any random lag spike. So...this'll have to wait. ^^

How far did your nec make it by now?
OP
He just sped through the game until the maggot layer, got to lvl 22 i think. Just before entering i was thinking “do I really want to take a pure summoner down there naked? Maybe i could respec to a Bone necro just for this area” then tbh i got bored and started doing Xmas/family stuff… ah yes real life is still a thing

Necrarch 1610Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Even for a summoner, I like having 1 point in
Bone Spear
- CE is anyway needed so 1 point more is not much.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
So Nate, you ever get back to this?

I took a little break from my completionist-go at a BG3 honour run (mainly for the sake of keeping my sanity, fun as it is) and..well..
..I guess I have a HC pally now. :)
(that gets to actually use gear now that he's done, weee, though I didn't exactly find anything of value beyond the runes for the starter RWs - but who knows, might even keep him, assuming I can find him an
Eth
Corona
before the season ends .. and not die doing so I guess)

Plenty of (very..) close calls along the way, mostly for the usual reasons of desyncing mobs suddenly smashing you from out of nowhere/while still invisible. And for the "why u dumb enough to be nekkid?!" reason of "yeah...extra strong fana quill rat actually damn near 1shots you...enjoy!".

Either way, I'll go ahead and put this on the list of things I'll never (ever) do again...ugh...much of a breeze as normal and early NM are as a pally, even when naked, NM A3 is just unnecessarily slow and hell act 2 is just...ugh...no....never again! Most definitely the slowest and most aggravating playthrough I ever did.
OP
Haha, yea i never quite expected to get that far past nightmare. So the barb was a bust, it was kinda fun… maybe another day I’d try an amazon.

My necro was as you’d expect, all good expect for when the merc gets stuck behind a
Skeleton
. Got him up to nightmare
Larzuk
then i moved on.

It was a more fun/challenging way to get sockets, and I’m glad i did it, but it was so sllllooooooow.

If i ever get bored of end game I’ll probably git it a go again though.

In the meantime i want to do some crafting…still missing a 2/20 sorc amulet (found every other class, which is annoying, as only the pally, barb and to a lesser extend necro really benefit from it)

Necrarch 1610Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
The necro may be THE class nedding the most the 2/20, would say :)

Congrats Schnorki, you're incredible.
What was your pally build ?
Holy Fire
?
Zeal
/foh? Did you use your initial shield for the shield upgrade skill whose name escapes me now ?

Annihilus

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
Necrarch wrote: 4 months ago
The necro may be THE class nedding the most the 2/20, would say :)

Congrats Schnorki, you're incredible.
What was your pally build ?
Holy Fire
?
Zeal
/foh? Did you use your initial shield for the shield upgrade skill whose name escapes me now ?
Holy Shield
you mean? Nah cuz..needs a shield which doesn't work with nekkid. ^^

Lvls 1-5 you can handle fairly well with nothing on any class. Pally beyond that starts getting
Holy Fire
which lets you pretty much steamroll through the rest of normal and early NM. A2/3 NM mob health starts outscaling your remaining
Holy Fire
dmg scaling so it starts being a bit of a pain but still works.

A4 NM imo is a good time to switch away from that and go into full FoH which then just annihilates NM A4, can do (albeit slower) A5 and then in hell still annihilates at least A1 and A4. A3 hell is a bit of a pain due to a fair few lightning immunes though most are at least still demons. A5 is a gamble in terms of the mobs you get (either relatively easy or a pain due to even more lightning immunes that aren't demon/undead, especially on the way to nihl). A2 though...is just excruciating. Nothing but light immune scarabs all over the place taking forever to kill all while neither you nor your merc can really efficiently tank them. Though A3 mercs actually help with that (finally, they have a use! ^^) as they can freeze-block your way through maggot lair.

Stats mostly in vita cuz..you have to, no choice really so as not to constantly get 1shot by everything. Mana is the real pain, seeing how FoH isn't exactly cheap and pally base mana scaling is horrid.

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
Schnorki wrote: 4 months ago
I took a little break from my completionist-go at a BG3 honour run
And while blizz was busy with more anti-hardcore event boni...back to it and just about 115h later, all done on that front as well. Thankfully with sufficient luck for a full party double-mirror (basically the one thing that does need pure dumb luck as you have little to no direct or indirect influence on that..could still continue but it would've killed the self-imposed completionist aspect).
Golden dice are kinda hot. :)

Can't help but love that interpretation of a hardcore mode. Crashes/desyncs don't break your neck (though I haven't experienced one there anyways, unlike D2), emergency-AFKs due to doorbell don't end everything, bugs tend to not screw you completely, but still with a distinct risk of failing before ya get to the end.

Side note: newly added "closure" ending = brilliant! Even more so because it feels like a massive spoiler of "yeah...more to come!" but maybe that's just me hoping too hard and reading too much into it..though it feels repeatedly obvious.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...