diablo2.io is supported by ads
28 replies   8053 views

Travincal/Council Members - Tip for Merc survive Hydra

No data yet

Description

Hi

The
Hydra
from the Council Members melt my Mercenary (even at 75 resist and having life steal).
Travincal
and Durance of Hate L3 are the only places were my Mercenary die on my regular farms (if I don't kill Council Members fast enough).

I read some time ago - don't have the link anymore - that there is a bug where Mercenaries take a lot of extra damage from
Hydra
(somebody said that it is a side effect from a fix to reduce the
Hydra
damage on PvP) and it seems to be true as I can stand still in front of the same Hydras that killed my Merc without having to worry (and I'm don't have absorb or any extra fire defense...)

Are there any tips (or equipment) that I can use to increase the Mercenary survival against the Council Members?
(something different from "kill Council Members faster" 😛)

I thought about trying a
Guardian Angel
, but would need to pre-buff
Fade
(via Treachery - which may take some time on each run) or add a jewel (which would make me spend a
Larzuk
quest) and I don't know if would be enough...
Description by fredkid

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi

The
Hydra
from the Council Members melt my Mercenary (even at 75 resist and having life steal).
Travincal
and Durance of Hate L3 are the only places were my Mercenary die on my regular farms (if I don't kill Council Members fast enough).

I read some time ago - don't have the link anymore - that there is a bug where Mercenaries take a lot of extra damage from
Hydra
Hydra
damage on PvP) and it seems to be true as I can stand still in front of the same Hydras that killed my Merc without having to worry (and I'm don't have absorb or any extra fire defense...)

Are there any tips (or equipment) that I can use to increase the Mercenary survival against the Council Members?

I thought about trying a
Guardian Angel
Fade
(via Treachery - which may take some time on each run) or add a jewel (which would make me spend a
Larzuk

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
fredkid wrote: 5 months ago
Hi

The
Hydra
Travincal

Hydra
Hydra

I thought about trying a
Guardian Angel
Fade
Larzuk
I dont know if it's related, but those fireballs from sirens in Act5 also melt my mercs very often.
In order to reduce this, i usually put a
Vampire Gaze
on him.

If you would like to make an offer, please add me in bnet and comment in thread with the offer. Thank you.

I am currently not accepting Tokens. Thank you!
Guardian Angel
+
Kira's Guardian
work wonders together for a merc vs council. You *can* socket both if you want, but just base, a decent roll of Kira's should do the trick.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST
Full rejuves... and I dont know what you are playing but reaper's toll.
Winterkill wrote: 5 months ago
Guardian Angel
+
Kira's Guardian
work wonders together for a merc vs council. You *can* socket both if you want, but just base, a decent roll of Kira's should do the trick.
this is Nice approach but you still missing LL on merc, if weapon don't provide it

GA plus e.g.
Tal Rasha
Mask
Um
'ed do the work
I need go check what my barb's merc is holding, bu i have for sure GA and maxed res

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
I tend to run e. gaze (
Cham
) + e. fort (archon or lacquered, depending) + a solid weapon (Insight, Infinity, reaper, ... depends on class) on all my mercs and none of them have a problem with trav hydras. Or really anything else usually.

Quite the opposite actually. A well-geared merc is so strong vs. council that when I actively want to kill him, I have to make sure to
Teleport
him behind the extra wall so he can't reach anyone while the hydras widdle him down or he'll leech and clear the place too quickly to be at risk.
Guardian Angel
plus
Crown of Thieves
is the cheap and easy solution, if you need life leech on the
Helm
i used
Crown of Thieves
before i changed to Cure , my merc seems to survive much easier with
Crown of Thieves
than andariels anywhere.
OP
My Mercs uses Insight (elite) +
Vampire Gaze
/ Bulwark + Duress / Treachery (in this case I confirm that
Fade
is triggered before fight Council)

With my Lightning Sorceress and Fury Druid it dies frequently (and I finish the Council by myself), because of that I end up skipping
Travincal
on my farms for a time...
With my necro summoner, it normally survive (but in this case there is a lot of other things for the
Hydra
hit...).

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
CoH as armor.
You want you merc has over capped res in case of
Conviction
Council Member
are all demon and 8LL allows you to use
Helm
without LL.

Relax and have fun!

DCain 23

Asia PC
I find
Crown of Thieves
+ Gladiator's Bane effective although it still have hard time vs
Conviction
Very expensive, but my favorite merc setup is A5
Frenzy
using GFace (chammed) + Chains of Honor + Grief + Last Wish. He can clear council by himself pretty quick, so long as no physical immunes.

A2 with GFace + CoH + Insight / Ariocs Needle / Infinity is also good but I prefer A5 due to being able to have Last Wish (for LifeTap).

No vamp gaze or fort for me due to cold damage (every hork counts!)

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
My rogue merc is pretty survivable wearing a non-
Eth
Andy's
Mask
, an
Eth
Prudence armor and a Mist GM bow. Of course, running around with a
Frenzy
barb helps.
Hi

The
Hydra
Travincal

Hydra
Hydra

I thought about trying a
Guardian Angel
Fade
Larzuk
Cheapest and easiest way to fix this is Temper

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Hi

The
Hydra
Travincal

I thought about trying a
Guardian Angel
Fade
Larzuk
The problem with mercs is they're linear in function. When you move your char into an enclosed area they attempt to follow by trying to walk through the walls while trapped on the outside. In Tranvicanal this is merc kryptonite. I keep my merc alive by insuring they have a good amount of LL. I've also observed that an act2 merc does better when they've proc'ed their Mite Aura. If you have an Enigma then you can reset your merc with a quick
Teleport
, but if not then a quick dash into the entrance to the Durance of Hate will pull him out of danger, and give him a moment to regenerate. The issue here of course is that you have to exit the Durance to get back to Tranvical.

It might help if you describe your build because my above solution works for my Stravezon, which is also my most efficient Tranvical farmer.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
Zero187 wrote: 5 months ago
Frenzy
using GFace (chammed) + Chains of Honor + Grief + Last Wish. He can clear council by himself pretty quick, so long as no physical immunes.

A2 with GFace + CoH + Insight / Ariocs Needle / Infinity is also good but I prefer A5 due to being able to have Last Wish (for LifeTap).

I'm in the process of making a horker, just levelling him now so he is pure
Frenzy
with an Act2 Merc. But when I respec him I was thinking about an A5 merc for him but was wondering how to equip him. Thank you for saving me the ask!

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.
Frenzy

Just rolled my first Last Wish. 365/69. I'm happy with those numbers!

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.
Knappogue wrote: 5 months ago
Frenzy

Just rolled my first Last Wish. 365/69. I'm happy with those numbers!
Grats! I think that beats my two rolls so far (377/62 and 372/63). Seen two buddies of mine roll 389/70 and 390/69 a while back though.. Still drooling over those! Maybe now that Jahs are so much easier to get on NL, I might try for a better one.

Frenzy

I've been researching my horker build a lot. Like way more than any other build so far and there doesn't seem to be a general consensus on the build. I'd like him to do double duty as a gold find barb too. Got any advice on the horker/GF build?

Knappogue wrote: 5 months ago

I've been researching my horker build a lot. Like way more than any other build so far and there doesn't seem to be a general consensus on the build. I'd like him to do double duty as a gold find barb too. Got any advice on the horker/GF build?
Sure, I just put together a quick build overview of my current favorite GF/MF horker build:

Berserk
/WW hybrid (20 points
Berserk
/ 1 point WW). I only used dual ali baba for that vid and let merc do most of the dmg, but you could switch to Grief + Ali Baba and kill a lot quicker if you wanted. Usually get around 200-300k gold per run on P1.

Lots of different variations, and always looking for advice myself!

EDIT: And here's a vid using Grief + Ali Baba just to show how fast you can kill:

But I enjoy the Dual Ali Baba more, as it's actually challenging and gives slightly better drops per run. I have to find a balance between fun and efficiency sometimes, and the super fast Grief kills can get boring for me.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...