Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
22 replies   7280 views

Why do people enter in your public game and just stant still on town?

No data yet

Description

Hi

I recently started to play lobby public games (mostly to be able to change characters when DClone spawn)
And I perceive that many time a lot of random people enter in the game and just stand still on town... for a long time sometimes... don't even send or respond to messages...

Why do people do this? I didn't get it...
It's is just to try to get "garbage" that I may end up dropping on the Ground?
I even thought it is because of that, but today when I asked a player if he need a set item that I dropped he just exit the game...

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi

I recently started to play lobby public games (mostly to be able to change characters when DClone spawn)
And I perceive that many time a lot of random people enter in the game and just stand still on town... for a long time sometimes... don't even send or respond to messages...

Why do people do this? I didn't get it...
It's is just to try to get "garbage" that I may end up dropping on the Ground?
I even thought it is because of that, but today when I asked a player if he need a set item that I dropped he just exit the game...

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
OP
Just to clarify, I don't create games with sugestive names...
Just games like FredH1, FredN2...

OP
Well one reason I discovered now in the bad way...
Somebody "stole" my DClone while I was at the bathroom :-(

mhlg 842

Americas PC
fredkid wrote: 6 months ago
If you're making a public game for the purpose of killing D Clone then make it simple and use a simple password to keep unwanted visitors out. For example game name DC, pass D1.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
OP
mhlg wrote: 6 months ago
If you're making a public game for the purpose of killing D Clone then make it simple and use a simple password to keep unwanted visitors out. For example game name DC, pass D1.
Sometimes i forget the password :-P

OP
But is it the reason to join strange people games?
("stole" their Dclone?)

mhlg 842

Americas PC
("stole" their Dclone?)
Yes, it's quite common. I've made public trade games where D Clone makes a sudden unannounced entrance, and had people enter my game and get to him before I did. They usually choose the Arcane/Cellar 3 or
Frigid Highlands
way points for quick access.

OP
"
Frigid Highlands
" is where I discovered I was "stolen" :-P
When i went there Eldritch and his minions did not spawn and there was some crap itens on the Ground...
The evidence of the crime :-P

I sometimes have fun by creating public game right after a DC's walk just to see people join my game, search for a non-existing DC :P

Relax and have fun!
OP
mockingbirdreal wrote: 6 months ago
I sometimes have fun by creating public game right after a DC's walk just to see people join my game, search for a non-existing DC :P
🤣🤣🤣🤣

You can always verify it before leaving the game to change your character. Just hit P (for Party), then click an eye-shaped button next to Password. Write it down just in case.
OP
bigbikefan wrote: 6 months ago

You can always verify it before leaving the game to change your character. Just hit P (for Party), then click an eye-shaped button next to Password. Write it down just in case.
Nice tip ("tap P") to confirm your current game name and password 👍👊
(I was actually not able to confirm my game name before... not a joke)

FYI, you can rejoin a solo game (non-lobby) from the lobby. Like if you create a game from the player screen and then a dclone walks, you can leave the game and log back into it with a different character from the lobby.

Just do the same "P" (party) trick to get your password. For a solo game, the password and game name are identical. I retype the password into notepad, that way I can paste it into both game and password fields in the lobby.

Try it out in a game where there isn't a dclone so you get some practice. I used to do this all the time with uber runs.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
i tried to look at a non lobby created game and the only info i can get is a game name showing lots of xxxxxxxxx and a pass, and if i type that info into join game, it do not work, just says the game is no longer avaible to join.. and i know it is open because i tested it with a friend joining my game to keeping it open, and i cant join it with that game name xxxxxxxxx, ill try using the password as game name as you mentioned

it works :)
I had a trade game last week and was searching for a war shrike . I think i was joined by more than 50 people in less than 20 Minutes. Sometimes it was the same person. Everyone was looking for the DClone in
Frigid Highlands
or palast cellar. In the end no trades and douzend of no responses on my "hi"...my nerves...
Greys_Prey wrote: 6 months ago
I had a trade game last week and was searching for a war shrike . I think i was joined by more than 50 people in less than 20 Minutes. Sometimes it was the same person. Everyone was looking for the DClone in
Frigid Highlands
or palast cellar. In the end no trades and douzend of no responses on my "hi"...my nerves...
Or you can make trap on them PK the Dclone stealer and get
Ear
like trophy. They dont will have time to react and only way is leave game.
DurienDaragoth wrote: 6 months ago
Greys_Prey wrote: 6 months ago
Frigid Highlands
Or you can make trap on them PK the Dclone stealer and get
Ear
like trophy. They dont will have time to react and only way is leave game.
That is diabolic. Love it <3
OP
cristobal03 wrote: 6 months ago
FYI, you can rejoin a solo game (non-lobby) from the lobby. Like if you create a game from the player screen and then a dclone walks, you can leave the game and log back into it with a different character from the lobby.

Just do the same "P" (party) trick to get your password. For a solo game, the password and game name are identical. I retype the password into notepad, that way I can paste it into both game and password fields in the lobby.

Try it out in a game where there isn't a dclone so you get some practice. I used to do this all the time with uber runs.
This really works :-)

just put your
Game1015798506
on "game name" and password"

But I see no way to copy the text... you have to manually write it on a file to copy/paste... (so double check before exiting the game ;-) )

OP
mhlg wrote: 6 months ago
("stole" their Dclone?)
Yes, it's quite common. I've made public trade games where D Clone makes a sudden unannounced entrance, and had people enter my game and get to him before I did. They usually choose the Arcane/Cellar 3 or
Frigid Highlands
way points for quick access.
At first I though the random people entered into games to do some good... 😝😓😝😓

But I think I was fooled by my first public games, where some random people just entered dropped a lot of stuff on the Ground and left (on this episode I gained
Immortal King's Detail
Immortal King's Forge
Frostburn
and Ethereal
The Tannr Gorerod
)
But it happened only once...

mhlg 842

Americas PC
You can rejoin a private game, because I've done it, but the effort required to do it is more irritation than another 14/10/8 anni is worth. :D

It's far easier to make a public game with a 2 letter name, 2 letter/2 number password where it takes only seconds to get back into a game. This is something that everyone who runs Ubers does as a precaution.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...