Hi

I'm playing with a Fury Druid using a
Highlord's Wrath

(Mostly players 1, and I have no trouble with physical Immunes, thanks to
Bone Break
)

Somebody suggest me to try
Atma's Scarab
, but I think that because of the low proc and the fact that I normally kill non-bosses on a few hits, the
Amplify Damage
trigger will not help much...

Do
Atma's Scarab
makes sense only on 'high players count' (or Ubers)?
Or it can be good on 'low players count' on high density areas (like cows), where while you still kill enemies on fews hits, you stay in the "same spot" for a while?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi

I'm playing with a Fury Druid using a
Highlord's Wrath

(Mostly players 1, and I have no trouble with physical Immunes, thanks to
Bone Break
)

Somebody suggest me to try
Atma's Scarab
, but I think that because of the low proc and the fact that I normally kill non-bosses on a few hits, the
Amplify Damage
trigger will not help much...

Do
Atma's Scarab
makes sense only on 'high players count' (or Ubers)?
Or it can be good on 'low players count' on high density areas (like cows), where while you still kill enemies on fews hits, you stay in the "same spot" for a while?

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18-21), weekends (09-21)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
1. It does make a lot of sense on higher players, where the monster HP is much greater than a couple of hits.
2. The proc IS a low chance but it does proc a fair amount of times with the attack speed of Fury Druid.
Bone Break
does make it obsolete for low player numbers, if you are OK with the lowered Physical damage resistance.
4. Fury Wolf is my favourite build and apart from Physical Immunes, I have had little problem.
Bone Break
is the answer but I stubbornly refuse to use it.
Atma's Scarab
combined with
The Reaper's Toll
on merc have been working more than adequately for those immunes and you do feel the buffs from them when they trigger even on lower players. I did Ubers with him and had to change to
Bone Break
because of the pesky ghosts. It was long and hard work, died a few times before changing to
Bone Break

To conclude - it depends on your playstyle. Fury Druid can tank and leech through the lowered Physical resistance from
Bone Break
which should mean that you should continue using it. The +20% Attack speed from Highlord's can be relevant, depending on build, not to mention the Deadly Strike. Attacking that fast WILL proc
Atma
's very often but it is not instant. I do have to say that combined with
The Reaper's Toll
I rarely have to wait more than a couple of secs for one to proc and break MOST (not all) Physical resists.

Hope this was helpful. Writing it down does make me try the
Bone Break
Variant as I did just buy a cheap Highlord's for a build that can manage without it for the moment.
OP
Thanks for comment 👍
I will try the
Atma's Scarab
+ merc
The Reaper's Toll
(if i found a cheap
Atma's Scarab
...)

Hi i can give you one
Atma's Scarab
free. Add me i will be online in hour.
OP
Thanks to a good samaritan 🤗 👊 👍
I will be able to test
Atma's Scarab
on the next days 🙂

On paper ( https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/ ) it has potential:
- My damage with
Atma's Scarab
, and no
Amplify Damage
will be reduced by 23.96% 🙁
- But my damage with
Atma's Scarab
and
Amplify Damage
will be increased by 47.54%!! 🙂🤔 (probably way more in pratical, as many enemies in Hell have 50+% Physical Resistance)

OBS: the IAS reduction did not affect my current build, and the change free up some Charm space (as my "total resistances" increase dby 40 points - 35 lr -> 75 pr)

OP
(Additional calculation, with those percentages -23.96% & +47.54%, I need to keep
Amplify Damage
up more than 44% of the time to worth 🤔🤔)

mhlg 841

Americas PC
fredkid wrote: 6 months ago
(Additional calculation, with those percentages -23.96% & +47.54%, I need to keep
Amplify Damage
up more than 44% of the time to worth 🤔🤔)
If you're hitting your break points or hit speed (IAS) then
Atma
's level 2 Amplify has a chance to proc in about 1 in every 20 hits, and when it does it has a duration of 11 seconds which is the time you have for it to proc again. On my StrafeZon build it's almost always up which makes it indispensable. The nice thing about
Atma
's is that it doesn't just work to break physical immunity, but it also speeds up the take down of non physical immune mobs. In fact the best way to get it to proc is to tear into a mob where you will get more hits.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
OP
I played some time with
Atma's Scarab

And my impression is that:
- if I'm facing "weak enemies" (normal monster on players 1), they die before
Amplify Damage
trigger... I rarely see
Amplify Damage
while farming cows...
- if I'm facing "strong enemies" (bosses, DClone) , the
Life Tap
from
Dracul's Grasp
(I dropped one this week), seems much more useful...

Maybe, it's because I'm just playing "players 1", but
Highlord's Wrath
seems better.

Wait, what weapon is a Fury Druid played with?

I have never tried one but always assumed a Fury Wolf to carry a Reaper's himself. At least that's the first thing that came to my Head thinking about this

This is my Zealer. There aren't many like him and this one is mine.
My Zealer is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.
Without me, my Zealer is useless. Without my Zealer, i am useless.
OP
Flippy wrote: 6 months ago
Wait, what weapon is a Fury Druid played with?

I have never tried one but always assumed a Fury Wolf to carry a Reaper's himself. At least that's the first thing that came to my Head thinking about this
Now:
I'm using
Eth
Oath
Feral Axe
+
Bone Break
(thank you 🤗)
(and searching for a base
Axe
for
Eth
Death or
Zod
for Breath of the Dying
Eth
Axe
)

My merc have
The Reaper's Toll
, but he rarely proc
Decrepify
... it just do more damage than my other available polearms and free me to have no life steal on my merc
Helm
/Armor...

OP
Never tried
The Reaper's Toll
on my Druid himsef, but, as I normally play players 1, i think I will fall on the same problem.. I will kill most of enemies before procing it....

TheDoo 214

Europe PC
Ethereal
Ribcracker
is a meme weapon ppl love to use for shifters. I am also playing mostly on p1 and I passed solo whole game and then even like farmed everywhere + TZs and DClone with just Aldur's set. I'm still amazed how decent it is on
Fury: Skill
furry. :D

I do wonder how good would it be with something like a
Hellslayer
or
Executioner's Justice
or like even
The Grandfather
(have them all but I never tried them).

I used to use Reapers on Act 2 Merc (because I don't have Physical Sunder still) but then I switched to Pride which resulted in some weird yet satisfying change (didn't notice any drop or problem with farming at all).

About
Atma
's use it only if you lack AR otherwise it's Amp dmg is not sufficient plus it overwrites LT from Dracs or some other curse like
Decrepify
for example (
Decrepify
being just better version of Amp dmg).

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
OP
TheDoo wrote: 6 months ago
Hellslayer
or
Executioner's Justice
or like even
The Grandfather
Just remember that for the Druid 2h Axes are faster than 2h swords, so
The Grandfather
may not be that good...

mhlg 841

Americas PC
fredkid wrote: 6 months ago
I played some time with
Atma's Scarab

And my impression is that:
- if I'm facing "weak enemies" (normal monster on players 1), they die before
Amplify Damage
trigger... I rarely see
Amplify Damage
while farming cows...
- if I'm facing "strong enemies" (bosses, DClone) , the
Life Tap
from
Dracul's Grasp
(I dropped one this week), seems much more useful...

Maybe, it's because I'm just playing "players 1", but
Highlord's Wrath
seems better.
To get
Atma
's to proc Amplify you need two things, a fast hitting build and lots of things to hit. If you can pull those two things together then Amplify will destroy everything in front of it, even Stone skin immunes drop quickly. Lifetap will help keep a build alive but it won't take down physical immunity and its chance to proc is like Amplify 5% of hits. On my Paladin builds I rely on Dracul's to keep him alive, and since I have a Lawbringer on weapon swap I can also take down the physically immune. With Amplify my Zon can take down the entire TZ Council in
Travincal
in under 30 seconds.

mhlg 841

Americas PC
This is a video I made in the
Halls of Vaught
while farming D keys. Note how quickly and easily my Zon took down all the physical immune monsters.

mhlg wrote: 5 months ago
This is a video I made in the
Halls of Vaught
while farming D keys. Note how quickly and easily my Zon took down all the physical immune monsters.

Great!
Ethereal
Ribcracker
is a meme weapon ppl love to use for shifters. I am also playing mostly on p1 and I passed solo whole game and then even like farmed everywhere + TZs and DClone with just Aldur's set. I'm still amazed how decent it is on

Hellslayer
or
Executioner's Justice
or like even
The Grandfather

I used to use Reapers on Act 2 Merc (because I don't have Physical Sunder still) but then I switched to Pride which resulted in some weird yet satisfying change (didn't notice any drop or problem with farming at all).

About
Atma
's use it only if you lack AR otherwise it's Amp dmg is not sufficient plus it overwrites LT from Dracs or some other curse like
Decrepify
for example (
Decrepify
0. Unless stated, the calculations are from maxroll website and not from experience.
1. Using Dracs on Fury druid seems like a waste with its insane Life Leech. The only exception being Ubers, but then you limit yourself to that curse and no
Decrepify
/Amplify.
Decrepify
is the most OP curse in the game.
The Reaper's Toll
on switch is decent damage with the attack speed gear you would be using anyway (6K DPS under my
Ribcracker
). Lawbringer is also a solid option on the offhand of Act 4 merc (I will be trying the merc out when I have the time).
3. Even an
Eth
Upped
Ribcracker
fades next to an
Eth
BotD or even an
Eth
Death. The change in attack speed calculations alows the cheap Death to pass 10K damage easily (because of Deadly Strike), based on calculations.
4. My non
Eth
Upped
Ribcracker
tears through most mobs on P1 and takes down DClone slightly slower than my no Grief Smiter (depending on
Atma
procs, it can be faster).
Hellslayer
is lower damage than my
Ribcracker
and obviously much slower, albeit minor tweaks to reach 20 frames speed, which takes it to just slightly lower damage.
Executioner's Justice
is remarkably close to Hellsayer but has that
Decrepify
which frees the amulet for highlords, which increases damage from its Deadly strike. Thus, it is higher damage than my
Ribcracker
(still lower if I use Highlord's) but lower damage than
Eth
Ribcracker
without Higlord's.
The Grandfather
is the lowest DPS because of its slower attack on druids compared to axes (as noted already).
5. Death in an
Eth
Decapitator
is a much cheaper option (arguably better than BotD), which more than doubles the damage of the previous weapons and easily outshines the
Eth
Ribcracker
. You can get it to 20 Frames with the same investment as the previous weapons. The Same gear gives you 1 Frame faster and just slightly lower DPS
Eth
Silver-Edged Axe
. An
Eth
Glorious Axe
gives you the tiniest drop of DPS but +2 Reach (this one being my theoretical choice because of the mechanics and animation length of Fury, longer reach should mean less wiffs).
6. I have seen recent videos of people clearing P8 with ease, using either
Eth
Death or
Eth
BotD with some sort of
Decrepify
/Amplify source. They were using the new Metamorphosis + Hustle combo. but that theoretically gives 1 Frame advantage or just a tankier
Belt
with Death.

Question:
I don't play Ladder and Blizzard have contradicted themselves before, so would these Ladder runewords be coming to Non Ladder and when? Are last seasons runewords already in Non Ladder? I know they are in Single Player.
OP
mikimikov wrote: 5 months ago
Ethereal
Ribcracker

Hellslayer
or
Executioner's Justice
or like even
The Grandfather

About
Atma
Decrepify
for example (
Decrepify
0. Unless stated, the calculations are from maxroll website and not from experience.
1. Using Dracs on Fury druid seems like a waste with its insane Life Leech. The only exception being Ubers, but then you limit yourself to that curse and no
Decrepify
/Amplify.
Decrepify
is the most OP curse in the game.
The Reaper's Toll
on switch is decent damage with the attack speed gear you would be using anyway (6K DPS under my
Ribcracker
). Lawbringer is also a solid option on the offhand of Act 4 merc (I will be trying the merc out when I have the time).
3. Even an
Eth
Upped
Ribcracker
fades next to an
Eth
BotD or even an
Eth
Death. The change in attack speed calculations alows the cheap Death to pass 10K damage easily (because of Deadly Strike), based on calculations.
4. My non
Eth
Upped
Ribcracker
tears through most mobs on P1 and takes down DClone slightly slower than my no Grief Smiter (depending on
Atma
procs, it can be faster).
Hellslayer
is lower damage than my
Ribcracker
and obviously much slower, albeit minor tweaks to reach 20 frames speed, which takes it to just slightly lower damage.
Executioner's Justice
is remarkably close to Hellsayer but has that
Decrepify
which frees the amulet for highlords, which increases damage from its Deadly strike. Thus, it is higher damage than my
Ribcracker
(still lower if I use Highlord's) but lower damage than
Eth
Ribcracker
without Higlord's.
The Grandfather
is the lowest DPS because of its slower attack on druids compared to axes (as noted already).
5. Death in an
Eth
Decapitator
is a much cheaper option (arguably better than BotD), which more than doubles the damage of the previous weapons and easily outshines the
Eth
Ribcracker
. You can get it to 20 Frames with the same investment as the previous weapons. The Same gear gives you 1 Frame faster and just slightly lower DPS
Eth
Silver-Edged Axe
. An
Eth
Glorious Axe
gives you the tiniest drop of DPS but +2 Reach (this one being my theoretical choice because of the mechanics and animation length of Fury, longer reach should mean less wiffs).
6. I have seen recent videos of people clearing P8 with ease, using either
Eth
Death or
Eth
BotD with some sort of
Decrepify
/Amplify source. They were using the new Metamorphosis + Hustle combo. but that theoretically gives 1 Frame advantage or just a tankier
Belt
with Death.

Question:
I don't play Ladder and Blizzard have contradicted themselves before, so would these Ladder runewords be coming to Non Ladder and when? Are last seasons runewords already in Non Ladder? I know they are in Single Player.
I asked on another thread when Season5 starts... No info yet about when Metamorphosis and Hustle will be available to non-ladders... 😓😓

My Druid is currently using Ethereal Death
Decapitator
+
Bone Break
(no curses proc). The feelling, on "Players 1", is that all non-immune fall in 1-2 hits and the Immunes are not big problem either.

Thought for a time about Lawbringer or
The Reaper's Toll
on off-hand but
Bone Break
was enough to handle immunes and enables a more fluid play.

fredkid wrote: 5 months ago
I asked on another thread when Season5 starts... No info yet about when Metamorphosis and Hustle will be available to non-ladders... 😓😓

My Druid is currently using Ethereal Death
Decapitator
+
Bone Break
(no curses proc). The feelling, on "Players 1", is that all non-immune fall in 1-2 hits and the Immunes are not big problem either.

Thought for a time about Lawbringer or
The Reaper's Toll
on off-hand but
Bone Break
was enough to handle immunes and enables a more fluid play.
Yes,
Bone Break
changed everything for Fury Druid. No longer do you need procs or swaps (unless you are stubborn like me).
P1 is a joke because of the damage that you now do to everything and your HP and Life Leech compensates the Physical resistance decrease (CtA + Spirit being a much better switch, and it helps you reach that 31st lvl of
Werewolf
without charms).
I haven't done much P8 but I did take my Wolfie on a spin a few times while gearing up. A curse proc is necessary but only if it does not slow you down too much to get it (
Atma
's and mercs being the unreliable timewasters).

Which merc do you guys use?
Act 1 with Faith?
Act 2 with
Holy Freeze
and Pride or Might and Pride or Might and Doom?
Act5? I am not versed in those, so can someone speak from experience which weapons and what gear?
I'm only asking because I have some high level runes burning a hole in my stash. I will probably go for Faith because I will be using it on my Amazon when I get to her.
OP
I use Act 2 mainly for Might (and one day when I got rich ... Pride)

Holy Freeze
, I think is good if you are not a melee build (and is not a necro summoner).

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...