Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   2038 views

Description

has anyone tried to make a mercenary out of act 3 (lighting) with :

dual Dream - Dream shield, Dream
Helm
, Crescent Moon (for -35% To Enemy Lightning Resistance) and some kind of armor with 4 sockets and 5/5 lighting facets
share your opinion ?

In turn, I want to say that I made a mercenary from act 3 with:

Hand of Justice, Dragon (armor), Dragon (sheild), Flickering Flame - not very
there is hope that mercenary act 3 (Dream) It will be better than a mercenary act 3 (Dragon) ?

usually I have a mercenary tied to the character by its functionality, but here I am discussing, for example, a mercenary for a cold sorceress ( Just for her I did mercenary act 3 (Hand of Justice, Dragon (armor), Dragon (sheild), Flickering Flame) ) or poison necro

just tell me... the mercenary from act 3 - is no good. To calm me down
I'm sorry for distracting your attention. thanks

*ADD

Also i think Crescent Moon (for -35% To Enemy Lightning Resistance),
Skin of the Vipermagi
(30 fcr), Spirit (35 fcr),
Griffon's Eye
(25 fcr (to get 86 FCR 11 frames breakpoint ) mercenary from act 3 demonstrates a very good splash from
Static Field
dbranski's video shows it, but he used his own set of items (although of course his set of things is also good, he took 58% FCR breakpoint - 12 frames ), I assume another one
Description by Bass

Can be used to make Runewords:

Bass 76

Sorceress Europe Playstation
has anyone tried to make a mercenary out of act 3 (lighting) with :

dual Dream - Dream shield, Dream
Helm
, Crescent Moon (for -35% To Enemy Lightning Resistance) and some kind of armor with 4 sockets and 5/5 lighting facets
share your opinion ?

In turn, I want to say that I made a mercenary from act 3 with:

Hand of Justice, Dragon (armor), Dragon (sheild), Flickering Flame - not very
there is hope that mercenary act 3 (Dream) It will be better than a mercenary act 3 (Dragon) ?

usually I have a mercenary tied to the character by its functionality, but here I am discussing, for example, a mercenary for a cold sorceress ( Just for her I did mercenary act 3 (Hand of Justice, Dragon (armor), Dragon (sheild), Flickering Flame) ) or poison necro

just tell me... the mercenary from act 3 - is no good. To calm me down
I'm sorry for distracting your attention. thanks

*ADD

Also i think Crescent Moon (for -35% To Enemy Lightning Resistance),
Skin of the Vipermagi
(30 fcr), Spirit (35 fcr),
Griffon's Eye
(25 fcr (to get 86 FCR 11 frames breakpoint ) mercenary from act 3 demonstrates a very good splash from
Static Field
dbranski's video shows it, but he used his own set of items (although of course his set of things is also good, he took 58% FCR breakpoint - 12 frames ), I assume another one

PSN ID- BassPV77
Time zone - UTC+3:00
DUKE NUKEM MUST DIE !
Hello, without synergy this mercenary is very weak, I tried dual Dream, the damage is not enough to clear the cows for 8ppl norm dif. I used to use fire-branch wolf to increase the attack rating for Kicksin for ubers (after patch 2.4 Blizz removed the 100% hit chance), but now this is no longer necessary if there is a Mosaic (while maintaining charges,
Dragon Talon
always hits the target).

OP

Bass 76

flamebellow wrote: 6 months ago
Hello, without synergy this mercenary is very weak, I tried dual Dream, the damage is not enough to clear the cows for 8ppl norm dif. I used to use fire-branch wolf to increase the attack rating for Kicksin for ubers (after patch 2.4 Blizz removed the 100% hit chance), but now this is no longer necessary if there is a Mosaic (while maintaining charges,
Dragon Talon
always hits the target).
8ppl its to much, we talking about for ppl 1 dif, you try with Crescent Moon ?, what armor you get to use ?
thank you for your answer and participation in helping me deal with this issue.

PSN ID- BassPV77
DUKE NUKEM MUST DIE !
Bass wrote: 6 months ago
flamebellow wrote: 6 months ago
Dragon Talon
always hits the target).
8ppl its to much, we talking about for ppl 1 dif, you try with Crescent Moon ?, what armor you get to use ?
thank you for your answer and participation in helping me deal with this issue.
i had a A3 Merc with Dual Dream once. Until Blizz patched the bug

A3 Mercs add nothing that could increase their value over any of the other merc

The only benefits you could get from those Mercs is
Enchant
but Instead of using
Enchant
from your Merc for AR reasons, you might aswell take an Infinity A2 Merc because those reduce Defense and thus raise your cth with more additional upsides

This is my Zealer. There aren't many like him and this one is mine.
My Zealer is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.
Without me, my Zealer is useless. Without my Zealer, i am useless.
I managed to utilize act 3 merc for the
Enchant
on my Dragon paladin. The 350% ar bonus from lv43
Enchant
helps against bosses and uniques.
You also get about 3-4% dps increase from the 350 extra fire damage.

Since you aren't porting around act2 auras won't reach you and might not even have a chance to switch on because you kill a screen away from you.
Lastly, physical damage output is pitiful on dragondin, so any extra ED you would get from, like, Pride, Lawbringer
Decrepify
triggers, etc. make no difference.

I mean, you don't even need a merc but if you were to choose, like me, this was a fun legitimate choice.

Lightning and Cold suck. Auras on these with no synergies, even with lv25
Conviction
, make no sense outside of p1 normal difficulty. Let the idea rest. :)

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
I'm playing with Act 3 Light merc on my Dragon-FoH-din.

Griffon, dual Spirit and COH. Main idea is to have
Static Field
casts.

Without
Teleport
, may be more effective than Act 5 merc.

But, honestly, I have no ideia about merc efficiency xD

Ladder and Non ladder trades

Timezone: GMT-3
BR HUEHUEHUEHUE
Queegon wrote: 6 months ago
I managed to utilize act 3 merc for the
Enchant
on my Dragon paladin. The 350% ar bonus from lv43
Enchant
helps against bosses and uniques.
You also get about 3-4% dps increase from the 350 extra fire damage.

Since you aren't porting around act2 auras won't reach you and might not even have a chance to switch on because you kill a screen away from you.
Lastly, physical damage output is pitiful on dragondin, so any extra ED you would get from, like, Pride, Lawbringer
Decrepify
triggers, etc. make no difference.

I mean, you don't even need a merc but if you were to choose, like me, this was a fun legitimate choice.

Lightning and Cold suck. Auras on these with no synergies, even with lv25
Conviction
, make no sense outside of p1 normal difficulty. Let the idea rest. :)
But wouldn't you use
Conviction
yourself? I don't remember
Conviction
to not work on Bosses or Uniques so the same thing should apply: They basically won't have Defense so why Stack extra AR?

And even then, yeah you have a low physical Damage output but you could also take Faith on A1 Merc for Speed (and AR if that's really your cup of tea). Also you probably want to leech at least a little bit, so more physdam helps in that regard aswell. Or a potent Merc that can dish out Damage himself to help with immunes

This is my Zealer. There aren't many like him and this one is mine.
My Zealer is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.
Without me, my Zealer is useless. Without my Zealer, i am useless.
1) Yes, you would and you would still miss in ~10% against some particular bosses.
Enchant
takes care of the 5% plus adds more fire damage than any physical ED you could get in its place. Did I mention he shoots fireballs at 6k damage per (some 3k+ base, so up to 6k after
Conviction
)?

2) You could take act1 merc, yes, and it's another viable strategy, if you don't want to use 20 IAS gloves + 20 IAS amulet. You'd still be outrunning her at times but it is an option. I have one on Dragon+Dream auradin. Dragon paladin I wanted to be different and once enchanted I don't care where merc's lagging behind.

3) If you are dealing ~200-300 physical damage (after bonuses, physical resistance depending) and about 9k fire damage, 300% extra ED from, let's say, lv 20
Concentration
translates to 300-500 instead during the same conditions, while in range. You are not leeching a whole lot in hell in either way, where your leech is at 1/3 of its effectiveness and some enemies outright not possible to leech from (let's say you have the 3% from gloves and 6% from non-
Raven Frost
ring).

4) Lastly, there is nothing immune with a sunder.

Again, you really don't need any merc as you are a powerhouse all by yourself. And I'm not even saying my act3 merc is the only solution, let alone best solution. Just saying I made it work as it makes sense and makes for a nice change of scenery.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
Briefly about the mercs from A3. :)

OP

Bass 76

Queegon wrote: 6 months ago
Let the idea rest. :)
Good idea !

thank you all for participating and for helping me figure it out

PSN ID- BassPV77
DUKE NUKEM MUST DIE !

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation