Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   2005 views

Description

So it’s possible when playing D2r on the Nintendo switch (and potentially other consoles) for you to lose or duplicate items.

We need to be careful here, if you abuse this it can ruin the game for you! But for me, it’s like forcing a specific
Terror
zone by changing your device’s clock or using hero editor on a computer. It can enhance your experience if done in moderation. Also if stuff has been disappearing if you play in airplane mode, this may explain why.

Ok fair warning, proceed only if you want!

So you’re in stage 8 of your SSF journey, you found almost everything you want, but don’t really want to spend hundreds of hours farming a
Cham
, let alone the like 18 needed to get your plagues, prides, or obsessions, or you really done want to have to farm any more 5/5 facets. And you really are jealous of people online who can just trade for whatever they want. So here we are!

I will walk you through how to safely and securely “duplicate” (i hate that word, after decades of d2, it has negative connotations, so I’ll just say “copy”), any item. Not only any single item, but you can copy a full backpack’s worth of items! I didn’t discover this, it’s been out there for a while, you can find youtube vids on it, and it may work for all consoles, i only know it works on NS.

Ok here we go

Step 1: Preparation - take the time to organize yourself, clear out a complete stash tab, only put in the things you want to copy. Clear out one of your character’s backpacks, doesn’t matter who. It’s easiest to use the one that is at the top of the list when you open the game, for me it’s my ‘
Frenzy
barb’ for some reason.

Step 2: turn on airplane mode - while the game is running, hit the Home Screen, undock if using a tv, go over to settings and turn on airplane mode. You can turn Bluetooth on then put it back in the dock to use your tv again. Now go back to your game

Step3: go to your prepped char, open it the stash and confirm you have what you want to copy. Do a “secure save” (a secure save is just checking that everything is where it should be and save and exiting - not turning off the game, you’ll do this a bit). Open your prepped character again. Move the item(s) you want to copy to your backpack, close your stash. *NOTE* this only works when moving from your stash to your backpack, the other way around and your items disappear!**

Step 4: wait 30 seconds (+/- 3 seconds is fine)

Step 5: save and exit (back to the character select menu - the game is still open)

Step 6: wait 3 seconds (at least 3 seconds, a bit longer is fine)

Step 7: go back to the console Home Screen and close the game

Step 8: restart the game

Step 9: open your game and prepped character and confirm your items are copied, they should still exist in your stash and backpack! do a “secure save”.

Step 10: you can now open your prepped character and move the items around, repeat steps 3-9 as necessary.

Step 11: Final item security - when you’re all done copying items, open one of your farming characters, while the game is open go to the console Home Screen and turn off airplane mode, go back to your game and do some farming, jump between acts (this will force the system to save all items). I usually try to not close the game for another hour or so.

Done!

There you go, within an hour or so you’ll have that
Cham
, or
Zod
you can’t find, or extra Sojs to make annis, you can even copy Uber organs to get your torches (still took me like 30
Uber Tristram
to get a dang assassin torch). Note: if you copy an unidentified item, it still has the same stats - i always thought the stats role when identified, but i guess they are rolled when the item is generated.

I recommend trying a couple time with something not important to get the process down before trying it with something like a
Jah
, or griffons eye.

Enjoy!
Description by Nate

Can be used to make Runewords:

Nate 539

Switch
So it’s possible when playing D2r on the Nintendo switch (and potentially other consoles) for you to lose or duplicate items.

We need to be careful here, if you abuse this it can ruin the game for you! But for me, it’s like forcing a specific
Terror
zone by changing your device’s clock or using hero editor on a computer. It can enhance your experience if done in moderation. Also if stuff has been disappearing if you play in airplane mode, this may explain why.

Ok fair warning, proceed only if you want!

So you’re in stage 8 of your SSF journey, you found almost everything you want, but don’t really want to spend hundreds of hours farming a
Cham
, let alone the like 18 needed to get your plagues, prides, or obsessions, or you really done want to have to farm any more 5/5 facets. And you really are jealous of people online who can just trade for whatever they want. So here we are!

I will walk you through how to safely and securely “duplicate” (i hate that word, after decades of d2, it has negative connotations, so I’ll just say “copy”), any item. Not only any single item, but you can copy a full backpack’s worth of items! I didn’t discover this, it’s been out there for a while, you can find youtube vids on it, and it may work for all consoles, i only know it works on NS.

Ok here we go

Step 1: Preparation - take the time to organize yourself, clear out a complete stash tab, only put in the things you want to copy. Clear out one of your character’s backpacks, doesn’t matter who. It’s easiest to use the one that is at the top of the list when you open the game, for me it’s my ‘
Frenzy
barb’ for some reason.

Step 2: turn on airplane mode - while the game is running, hit the Home Screen, undock if using a tv, go over to settings and turn on airplane mode. You can turn Bluetooth on then put it back in the dock to use your tv again. Now go back to your game

Step3: go to your prepped char, open it the stash and confirm you have what you want to copy. Do a “secure save” (a secure save is just checking that everything is where it should be and save and exiting - not turning off the game, you’ll do this a bit). Open your prepped character again. Move the item(s) you want to copy to your backpack, close your stash. *NOTE* this only works when moving from your stash to your backpack, the other way around and your items disappear!**

Step 4: wait 30 seconds (+/- 3 seconds is fine)

Step 5: save and exit (back to the character select menu - the game is still open)

Step 6: wait 3 seconds (at least 3 seconds, a bit longer is fine)

Step 7: go back to the console Home Screen and close the game

Step 8: restart the game

Step 9: open your game and prepped character and confirm your items are copied, they should still exist in your stash and backpack! do a “secure save”.

Step 10: you can now open your prepped character and move the items around, repeat steps 3-9 as necessary.

Step 11: Final item security - when you’re all done copying items, open one of your farming characters, while the game is open go to the console Home Screen and turn off airplane mode, go back to your game and do some farming, jump between acts (this will force the system to save all items). I usually try to not close the game for another hour or so.

Done!

Cham
, or
Zod
you can’t find, or extra Sojs to make annis, you can even copy Uber organs to get your torches (still took me like 30
Uber Tristram
to get a dang assassin torch). Note: if you copy an unidentified item, it still has the same stats - i always thought the stats role when identified, but i guess they are rolled when the item is generated.

I recommend trying a couple time with something not important to get the process down before trying it with something like a
Jah
, or griffons eye.

Enjoy!
Nate wrote: 6 months ago
...... but don’t really want to spend hundred of hours farming a
Cham
, ...
Cham
, or
Zod
you can’t find,
I have a question, if you don't have a
Cham
at the beginning, how can you get it after the duplicate/copy process? Or did I miss anything?

Necrarch 1620Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
You can copy Jahs and cube them into
Cham

:D

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Of course, how can I forget that?
OP

Nate 539

Switch
Yea you still gotta find everything yourself, some say that’s the fun of it. I keep this process for
Ist
of higher, and those things i keep transferring between characters - annis, CTAs, enigmas, infinities. It’s all stuff I’ve already made, just saves time… everyone’s got lives after all
Hello ! Thx for sharing. Did you try on online or off Line charac ?
OP

Nate 539

Switch
Only works offline. I don’t know why exactly, i think because the game saves like every 2 seconds when connected to the internet

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Nate wrote: 6 months ago
I don’t know why exactly
Because what you're describing is (presumably) largely based on the fact that each character and your shared stash all have their own, individual, independent save files (assuming that setup is the same on consoles as it is on PC, despite your lack of direct access to it). In local/offline play, those get saved "at save points" which apparently aren't the same for character vs. shared stash, leading to the behavior you describe.

In online play, those "save points" have for decades been automated to basically happen (mostly) per item action from one to the other so to speak in order to combat some of the plethora of duping methods of the past.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...