Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
23 replies   3669 views

Description

Wonder if Might Aura will stack when using Dual Last Wish on A5 Merc, because I found so much different answers in the web. Anybody have experiences with this setup?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Wonder if Might Aura will stack when using Dual Last Wish on A5 Merc, because I found so much different answers in the web. Anybody have experiences with this setup?

Timezone GMT +2

I buy your
Hel
runes and
Token of Absolution
. Check my WTB stash! Also have some free stuff available.

ShadowHeart 1780Moderator

Europe PC
Yes, the levels of the Might aura will stack on a merc, making it a level 34 Might.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
Maybe silly question, but is there material difference between 2x Last Wish on ac5 merc and might act2 merc with Pride? The price of both solution is slightly different...

Europe PC
Szambodiver wrote: 7 months ago
Maybe silly question, but is there material difference between 2x Last Wish on ac5 merc and might act2 merc with Pride? The price of both solution is slightly different...
The act 5 merc will have higher damage output himself than the act 2 merc (mostly because Pride has no +% Enhanced Damage and
Frenzy
attacks so fast). And he will keep proc:ing a massive sized
Life Tap
to keep himself alive. :)

But for you, having both a (lower level) Might and a
Concentration
aura is better for your damage ;)

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
ShadowHeart wrote: 7 months ago
The act 5 merc will have higher damage output himself than the act 2 merc (mostly because Pride has no +% Enhanced Damage and
Frenzy
Life Tap
I've never built Last Wish, but does Blind not "curse" over
Life Tap
after one hit?

On workdays I am generally available for trade from 19:00 CET to 23:00 CET. Weekends variable.
DON'T ADD ME ON BNET WITHOUT POSTING HERE! I WILL NOT ACCEPT FRIEND REQUESTS FROM STRANGERS.
On the other hand, add me after you bid ;)
OP
Verband wrote: 7 months ago
Frenzy
Life Tap
I've never Last Wish, but does Blind not "curse" over
Life Tap
after one hit?
If this would be the case Last Wish would be pretty useless right? ;-)

Timezone GMT +2

I buy your
Hel
runes and
Token of Absolution
Frenzy
Life Tap
Life Tap
after one hit?
The Blind does overwrite
Life Tap
for non-elite monsters. Isn't too noticeable though, since
Life Tap
applies to a wide range of monsters (AoE), whereas Blind on Hit only applies to the one monster the merc is attacking.

EDIT: Here's a vid I made a couple weeks ago with high MF hork barb + Dual Last Wish A5 merc running Trav on P3 (non TZ), to give you an example:

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
Technically, going by pure damage, a2 with might and reapers toll should outperform pretty much anything else for physical damage. It's just that getting the Dec curse is vastly inconsistent comparing it to auras from mercs

This is my Zealer. There aren't many like him and this one is mine.
My Zealer is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.
Without me, my Zealer is useless. Without my Zealer, i am useless.
OP
Zero187 wrote: 7 months ago

EDIT: Here's a vid I made a couple weeks ago with high MF hork barb + Dual Last Wish A5 merc running Trav on P3 (non TZ), to give you an example:

Thanks for the video! Unfortunatly there is not that much to see from the Merc because he seems likes to stay behind the walls of
Travincal
. ;-)

Timezone GMT +2

I buy your
Hel
runes and
Token of Absolution
dejavue wrote: 7 months ago

Thanks for the video! Unfortunatly there is not that much to see from the Merc because he seems likes to stay behind the walls of
Travincal
. ;-)
The debuffs are what you should be looking at. Easy to see them above enemies' heads.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
OP
The debuffs are what you should be looking at. Easy to see them above enemies' heads.
Alright, I will have look. Thanks Zero187!

Timezone GMT +2

I buy your
Hel
runes and
Token of Absolution
Flippy wrote: 7 months ago
Technically, going by pure damage, a2 with might and reapers toll should outperform pretty much anything else for physical damage. It's just that getting the Dec curse is vastly inconsistent comparing it to auras from mercs
What about a5 merc with Last Wish and Lawbringer?
Regarding incisistency this is significang problem (e.g. all malee without Enigma...)
Regarding incisistency this is significang problem (e.g. all malee without Enigma...)
Well,
Decrepify
on lvl 1 is as good as
Decrepify
on lvl 20 (duration is higher, stat decrease for enemy is the same) and the might aura from Lawbringer stays at 17 while the A2 Merc's aura scales with his lvl and +all Skills (Might lvl 20 at merc lvl 90 with andy's).

So going by pure numbers: a2 merc wins this, though it's close.

But i think it boils down to personal preference and maybe what character you're using yourself (excluding cost of course)

edit:

Though a good
Eth
Reaper's isn't really cheap either and probabaly a lot harder to come by than the runes you'd need for Last Wish (in terms of availability)

My Zealer is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
dejavue wrote: 7 months ago
Frenzy
Life Tap
Life Tap
after one hit?
If this would be the case Last Wish would be pretty useless right? ;-)
It does and it is. :P
(LW remains the single most overrated RW imo)

LW and Lawbringer override each others' curses since only one can be applied per mob at a time. And both get overwritten by blind on the target actually being attacked (by your merc). So...mweh.
Schnorki wrote: 7 months ago
It does and it is. :P
(LW remains the single most overrated RW imo)
for me this goes to Exile...

...or Shield Runewords in general for a Paladin. Call me an Old Head on this one, but in most cases the loss of Res from Herald really hurts on pretty much every build. You'll always need a very good base to even begin to compensate for that. But the people that are using Phoenix for example, probably never would use
Steelrend
because they need to much Str (which could go to Vita instead)

Europe PC
for me this goes to Exile...
Personally, I like to have Exile on my Smiter on swap for the initial
Life Tap
proc (it has sufficiently high proc chance to proc well before you need to heal, unlike Drac's which can be annoyingly slow to proc at times), and then swap over to my main smiting setup. I dislike casting it from a
Wand
(but I will do it until I can make an Exile), and Drac's is unreliable at best (for the initial proc, not to maintain it). But I may be a bit unorthodox here, I guess?

EDIT: But of course, my preference for my main shield is of course HoZ, I would never use Exile as my main shield :P

TheDoo 225

Europe PC
Yes, auras stack. If I'm not wrong they don't stack only if they come from different entities (for example 2 Paladins running with different levels of
Fanaticism
will overwrite each other), also auras won't stack (aka their levels) if you get them by yourself and same one from equipment -- you roll with
Holy Freeze
lvl 22 yourself while holding Ice runeword (which is lvl 18). I might be wrong about latter(??)

As far as I heard (couldn't test it myself because I don't have it) the best pure physical dmg output for Act5 merc is double ethereal
Headstriker

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
TheDoo wrote: 7 months ago
I might be wrong about latter(??)
Nah, you're right. Auras only stack if they stem from an item and are on the same unit. So 2x item-aura on same char = stacks but 1x item-aura and 1x pally skill aura = does not stack, higher one generally wins.

TheDoo 225

Europe PC
I think I read somewhere that if you have like Flickering Flame which gives +3 to Fire skills and/or Offensive skillers and you roll with, for example, Dragon -- you still get the bonus as if it was bigger lvl aura to start with. Don't know if this is true tho...

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."

Europe PC
No, the level of the auras granted by items are fixed at the level stated on the item (but as previously established, the levels of the same type of aura from multiple items on the same character stack). So a level 1
Fanaticism
from Hustle will never be anything more than 1 unless you dual wield Hustle, no matter any +skills.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation