Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   2255 views

Description

Heya, i've managed to get a hold of this beauty and it's now the new toy of my merc:
My character is a FanaZeal with Fana at Level 27

Speedcalc says he needs 37IAS for Max Speed, so far nothing i couldn't provide him with (currently Andy's Face +
Shael
in Weapon)

He already packs quite a Punch but now i'm thinking of giving him Fortitude aswell. The Damage should Skyrocket and the Defense boost because of
Chilling Armor
is substantial. This puts me in an awkward spot though:

Where to get CNBF from?

So the Goal is 20IAS + CNBF from Helmet only. Only options i've found are
M'avina's True Sight
and Andy's Visage (socketed with a
Cham
). Andy's Face has the downside of the -FireRes which puts the Merc at 53% FireRes (on his current Level with a Max Roll on Forti). So Lower Resistance Curse or
Conviction
Aura will probably put him in quite the danger. And Mavina's has no real downsides (need neither the Strength nor the Leech from Andy's, it's nice to have but not mandatory) but i really don't want to socket a
Cham
into M'avinas, that would feel like such a waste (for Andy's this doesn't bother me all that much)

Alternatively, i could try to find a jeweler's
Helm
of so and so, slap 2 IAS Jewels +
Cham
in there but this also just doesn't feel right either. Getting a Jeweler's circ/dia/
Coronet
for example shouldn't be much of a problem, but getting a usable 2nd affix makes this a bit more complicated. Worst thing that could happen is that, just use something i've found by chance, put a
Cham
in there and two Days later i get substantially better one (will probably die inside, just a little bit)

Then there is still the options of just using Kira's with an IAS Jewel and just accept, that the merc is a frame slower

Do i have any other options i have yet not thought about?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Heya, i've managed to get a hold of this beauty and it's now the new toy of my merc:
My character is a FanaZeal with Fana at Level 27

Speedcalc says he needs 37IAS for Max Speed, so far nothing i couldn't provide him with (currently Andy's Face +
Shael
in Weapon)

He already packs quite a Punch but now i'm thinking of giving him Fortitude aswell. The Damage should Skyrocket and the Defense boost because of
Chilling Armor
is substantial. This puts me in an awkward spot though:

Where to get CNBF from?

So the Goal is 20IAS + CNBF from Helmet only. Only options i've found are
M'avina's True Sight
and Andy's Visage (socketed with a
Cham
). Andy's Face has the downside of the -FireRes which puts the Merc at 53% FireRes (on his current Level with a Max Roll on Forti). So Lower Resistance Curse or
Conviction
Aura will probably put him in quite the danger. And Mavina's has no real downsides (need neither the Strength nor the Leech from Andy's, it's nice to have but not mandatory) but i really don't want to socket a
Cham
into M'avinas, that would feel like such a waste (for Andy's this doesn't bother me all that much)

Alternatively, i could try to find a jeweler's
Helm
of so and so, slap 2 IAS Jewels +
Cham
in there but this also just doesn't feel right either. Getting a Jeweler's circ/dia/
Coronet
for example shouldn't be much of a problem, but getting a usable 2nd affix makes this a bit more complicated. Worst thing that could happen is that, just use something i've found by chance, put a
Cham
in there and two Days later i get substantially better one (will probably die inside, just a little bit)

Then there is still the options of just using Kira's with an IAS Jewel and just accept, that the merc is a frame slower

Do i have any other options i have yet not thought about?

This is my Zealer. There aren't many like him and this one is mine.
My Zealer is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.
Without me, my Zealer is useless. Without my Zealer, i am useless.

uuee 18

Europe PC
Cheaper option would be: guil's face@
Cham
Eth
Treachery,
Eth
reaper@15allres jwl (plain ones are like a
Lo
). It would reach the fastest speed, has cbf, has nice decrep reduction if
Fade
kicks in, and also has maxed res without
Fade
if your merc is at least lvl93 (and much more after
Fade
). Since you primarly want your merc to cast decrep as much as possible (it is welcome if he does good dmg while doing so) this setup is not necessarily worse than mav
Diadem
@
Cham
+fort+reaper@ias in places where merc can be decreped often.
I'd probably go with a chamed G-face.

Just accept the frame-loss. The crushing blow and deadly strike should more than make up for it when you're looking at total damage done.
andys w. a fervor?
OP
uuee wrote: 7 months ago
Cheaper option would be: guil's face@
Cham
Eth
Treachery,
Eth
reaper@15allres jwl (plain ones are like a
Lo
). It would reach the fastest speed, has cbf, has nice decrep reduction if
Fade
kicks in, and also has maxed res without
Fade
if your merc is at least lvl93 (and much more after
Fade
). Since you primarly want your merc to cast decrep as much as possible (it is welcome if he does good dmg while doing so) this setup is not necessarily worse than mav
Diadem
@
Cham
+fort+reaper@ias in places where merc can be decreped often.
I already have a cheaper option with andy's face (
Ral
) +
Duriel's Shell
(
Um
) currently going on my merc.

I get that everyone is pretty hyped about Treachery and such but in the end it's a Bandaid for Slow Polearm - Runewords (where you can't just put a
Shael
into) nothing more, nothing less. If you have something that boosts speed by a shitton (Fanatism) and get to Max Speed without Treachery it should be pretty obvious if either Treachery or Forti is the better option for any merc. And that's without even mentioning the 8-9k Defense difference once
Chilling Armor
on Forti has procced

My primary focus is damage, not utility (utility is good enough as is) and before anyone has convinced me that (in this case) Treachery > Forti, hell has frozen over
krathkor wrote: 7 months ago
andys w. a fervor?
Fixed that for you
Goggen wrote: 7 months ago
I'd probably go with a chamed G-face.

Just accept the frame-loss. The crushing blow and deadly strike should more than make up for it when you're looking at total damage done.
That's an option i haven't even thought about and i really like the ring of it. I'll throw the numbers into the calc later but i'm pretty sure this get's the most bang out of the setup

thanks!

This is my Zealer. There aren't many like him and this one is mine.
My Zealer is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.
Without me, my Zealer is useless. Without my Zealer, i am useless.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation