20 replies   2070 views

Description

Hi, I'm an end game build with a
Kira's Guardian
that has an open socket.

My build is
Strafe
Guided Arrow
, and code arrow based with Faith as my bow, and Enigma as my armor.

+15 IAS will grant me a new breakpoint on
Strafe
, so I am considering the jewel must have +15% IAS.

Was wondering does the +40% enhanced damage on a jewel going into a
Helm
actually add this much damage? I see contradictory things online.

Is there something better then a 15+ IAS / 40+ dmg that I could put into a
Helm
?

Thanks!
Description by rampage101

Can be used to make Runewords:

Kira's Guardian
that has an open socket.

My build is
Strafe
Guided Arrow

Strafe

Helm

Helm
?

Thanks!
the fervor suffix only spawns on magic jewels, not rare. so u only get 1 prefix, so either
Vermilion (+11-15 To Max Damage)
or
Ruby
(+31-40% Damage)

jewel affixes here:
http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/it ... wels.shtml

mhlg 840

Americas PC
rampage101 wrote: 7 months ago
Kira's Guardian
that has an open socket.

My build is
Strafe
Guided Arrow

Strafe

Helm

Helm
?

Thanks!
With a Faith bow in hand you only need about 18/20 IAS to hit maximum breakpoints with
Strafe
Andariel's Visage
alone will hit it. Kira's and Enigma aren't BIS with a strafezon. For armor a Fortitude is your best bet and for
Helm
there are a number of choices that will work such as
Andariel's Visage
and
Guillaume's Face
along with Gore Riders.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
The choice of 15/40 or 15/15 depends on your gears.

Assuming you have standard setup (Faith, war trav,
Razortail
, loh,
Raven
, forti and merc Pride + might).
So you have about off-weapon 2000% ED and 70-330 base damage.

15/40 you will get : 40% * (70+330)*0.5 = 200 avg damage
Same for 15/15 : (0+15)*0.5 * 2000% = 150 avg damage.

Please note that you can put +dex and/or +damage charms so the 15/40 can increase even more damage.

Relax and have fun!
I use a 15 IAS 14 all res in a perfect
Valkyrie Wing
Helm
, as I prefer to use higher attribute values on a torch and anni than all res if there is a choice. The
Helm
is probably far from the best options, but it's +20% FRW is quite handy. For an armor I strongly recommend a Fortitude. I find
Magic Arrow
way more effective than
Guided Arrow
, especially against physical immunes and bosses. And I compare
Magic Arrow
level 13 vs.
Guided Arrow
level 32 on my level 92
Strafe
bzon. With a fairly well equipped sand merc (a non-
Eth
Andariel's Visage
Helm
, a non-
Eth
Reaper's Toll and an
Eth
sup
Shadow Plate
based Fortitude) taking down dclone is rather routine.
OP
With a Faith bow in hand you only need about 18/20 IAS to hit maximum breakpoints with
Strafe
Andariel's Visage
alone will hit it. Kira's and Enigma aren't BIS with a strafezon. For armor a Fortitude is your best bet and for
Helm
there are a number of choices that will work such as
Andariel's Visage
and
Guillaume's Face
along with Gore Riders.
Thanks for the feedback!

My endgame build is a bit different then most. I use the
Teleport
on Enigma and it's built from a
Breast Plate
so I have maximum points for vitality. After using Call To Arms in my offhand I have about ~3,000 life. This enables me to
Teleport
into mobs without much risk. The Kira's is really the only way I can get to max res easy with Enigma.

My merc is Act 5 merc with Grief and Last Wish as the swords,
Eth
Fortitude for armor, and
Eth
Arreat's Face
with a 15 IAS, +attack rating jewel in socket.

I had read the same in some places but after doing a deep dive on
Strafe
I believe they have fixed some of the older mechanics in one of the recent patches. There was a noticable difference between using a Faith
Grand Matron Bow
and a
Matriarchal Bow
on speed. The
Matriarchal Bow
requires about 35 extra dexterity in points and does lower damage but the 20% extra IAS from that is noticeable.

Gloves are
Laying of Hands
with 20% IAS, and Cat's Eye for the amulet with 20% IAS. Using two dual leech rings,
Razortail
Belt
, and Gore Riders/War Travlers for
Boots

I placed just a single 15 IAS jewel in the Kira's for now and I have 55% IAS plus the Very Fast Bow Speed. Level 14
Fanaticism
on the
Matriarchal Bow
gives 33% IAS so a total effective IAS of 88%.

Placing the 15 IAS jewel provided a noticable speed up for
Strafe
and Ice/
Guided Arrow
. I'm trying to find the relevant calculator I used, but all I can say is that a lot of the breakpoint calculators are either dated (and fixed by a patch) or just wrong.
OP
bigbikefan wrote: 7 months ago
And I compare
Magic Arrow
level 13 vs.
Guided Arrow
level 32 on my level 92
Strafe
bzon
Wow! I need to try out
Magic Arrow
, haven't used it recently. I was putting the points in Guided because of the synergy with
Strafe
but that's really interesing.
bigbikefan wrote: 7 months ago
And I compare
Magic Arrow
level 13 vs.
Guided Arrow
level 32 on my level 92
Strafe
bzon
Wow! I need to try out
Magic Arrow
, haven't used it recently. I was putting the points in Guided because of the synergy with
Strafe
but that's really interesing.
Yes, the +10% damage synergy is probably the main purpose for investing points in
Guided Arrow
, but sometimes you also may wanna be able to shoot "around the corner" :)
My endgame build is a bit different then most. I use the
Teleport
on Enigma and it's built from a
Breast Plate
so I have maximum points for vitality. After using Call To Arms in my offhand I have about ~3,000 life. This enables me to
Teleport
into mobs without much risk. The Kira's is really the only way I can get to max res easy with Enigma.
This sounds so strange to me.. Why don't you play a melee character then?
I placed just a single 15 IAS jewel in the Kira's for now and I have 55% IAS plus the Very Fast Bow Speed. Level 14
Fanaticism
on the
Matriarchal Bow
gives 33% IAS so a total effective IAS of 88%.

Placing the 15 IAS jewel provided a noticable speed up for
Strafe
and Ice/
Guided Arrow
. I'm trying to find the relevant calculator I used, but all I can say is that a lot of the breakpoint calculators are either dated (and fixed by a patch) or just wrong.
Why do you think that they are wrong? If you lump together Fana And Gear IAS i think you did the math wrong

https://warren1001.github.io/IAS_Calculator/

This Calc should be accurate

edit:

to flesh out what i've said:

Different sources if IAS go into different places in the attack speed formular. You can't just simply add the Fana Speed to the rest of the Gear IAS. The impact of even a low level Fana is higher than any IAS you could get from Gear

This is my Zealer. There aren't many like him and this one is mine.
My Zealer is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.
Without me, my Zealer is useless. Without my Zealer, i am useless.
OP
This sounds so strange to me.. Why don't you play a melee character then?
I started playing as a Javazon with Enigma and got used to the style. Much easier to clear places like
River of Flame
Mephisto
Flayer Jungle
. Also I hate being in the group play and Sorc's jumping ahead without being able to do the same.

Also I do not like the glass cannon builds, too easy to get one shooted especially on
Terror
zones.

With the tanky Bowazon and super fast IAS I can clear areas just as fast as any other character and I like the play style.

For the regular attacks, according to the calculator I need 44 IAS to reach 7 frames with the
Matriarchal Bow
, and level 14 Fanatcism. I posted I have 55, and noticied a difference with the 15 IAS jewel so everything lines up with that calculator... I would have been under 44 without the jewel.

https://warren1001.github.io/IAS_Calcul ... -0-0-0-0-0

Changing it to
Strafe
using that same calculator, all i can say is the calculator is dead wrong. It's easy to see speed increases from the volley's going above 18 IAS.
If Full Glasscannon doesn't fit with you that's a reasonable thing to say, but there is probably (as with most things) room for a middleground. Well, you do you. I've stopped arguing against this Max Vita stuff 20 years ago

Teleporting into a group of enemies as a Bow Amazon on the other hand is a pretty unreasonable thing to say. Sure you can do that with enough life and the game is easy enough, but the simple sound of that statement is otherworldly to me (again, i don't care just so that you know where i'm coming from with this)

To the Speed

So what you're saying is, that there are more Breakpoints after 8FPA? To definitly proof that record a video and count the seconds until the animation is done and go back from there. 60FPS should be accurate enough so see a valid animation start and end

If Frame Counting isn't your thing, record two vids (one with more and one with less IAS) and just let them play right next to each other, then you'll see if one is faster then the other. Present your findings, i'm curious

My Zealer is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life.
OP
Teleporting into a group of enemies as a Bow Amazon on the other hand is a pretty unreasonable thing to say. Sure you can do that with enough life and the game is easy enough, but the simple sound of that statement is otherworldly to me (again, i don't care just so that you know where i'm coming from with this)
I meant that I can survive teleporting into mobs, not really the goal. The nice part with the
Teleport
is the Merc follows, without
Teleport
the Merc gets stuck a ton. And the merc can help in those mobs a lot.
So what you're saying is, that there are more Breakpoints after 8FPA? To definitly proof that record a video and count the seconds until the animation is done and go back from there. 60FPS should be accurate enough so see a valid animation start and end

If Frame Counting isn't your thing, record two vids (one with more and one with less IAS) and just let them play right next to each other, then you'll see if one is faster then the other. Present your findings, i'm curious
lol... not sure why I would go to the length of proving to you this is the case. You seem to have a problem with any non-standard build not using Fortitude.

It's enough for me to put on the gear and visability see the attack speed differences.
We need a ''haha'' react

NOT PLAYING MUCH LATELY; ON MY MINECRAFT/MELEE GRIND
You can always make alternative offers with Keys.
I don't really trade in pgems.
Can trade on PC and Switch

second account JuliePayette#1511

Necrarch 1607Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
I meant that I can survive teleporting into mobs, not really the goal. The nice part with the
Teleport
Teleport

lol... not sure why I would go to the length of proving to you this is the case. You seem to have a problem with any non-standard build not using Fortitude.

It's enough for me to put on the gear and visability see the attack speed differences.
If you come by saying "hey it's obvious you guys don't know", take care, it may be you being wrong.

One thing: sometimes you can allow to execute your attacking frame earlier without increasing your frequency.

Example (not for here, just for the example), the skill is executed at frame 3 instead of 4, but still every 8 frames.

Then, well, can be useful for PvP where every frame counts, but for overall dps you win nothing.

Hence the smart suggestion on making a vid - it can be counterintuitive.

As for Physical Bowazons, pretty much everyone agrees that for PvM (PvP is a different field) Fortitude is best in slot. That does not prevent you from using something different (I do that myself, I have a full Disciple set zon. Quite fun) but do not be surprised if people comment on that, as the Zon cast rate being notoriously slow it can make a somewhat spécial game experience.

Anyway, it's not criticism, just legitimate questions about how you came to that specific build.

Have fun.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

mhlg 840

Americas PC
JulieP wrote: 7 months ago
We need a ''haha'' react
You can always make your own. (•‿•)

OP
If you come by saying "hey it's obvious you guys don't know"
Not sure who you are quoting here because I didn't write it's obvious.

What I said is I can see a speed difference with the jewel in. I'm able to move faster after the
Strafe
gets cast.

I don't know how to make a video like you are suggesting, and not really motivated to do so after the feedback I've gotten so far.

mhlg 840

Americas PC
If you come by saying "hey it's obvious you guys don't know"
Not sure who you are quoting here because I didn't write it's obvious.

What I said is I can see a speed difference with the jewel in. I'm able to move faster after the
Strafe
gets cast.

I don't know how to make a video like you are suggesting, and not really motivated to do so after the feedback I've gotten so far.

He wasn't quoting anyone in particular, the quotes "" were used to indicate imagined unspoken dialogue representing the opinions of others who're not you. :D

mhlg 840

Americas PC
A little perspective.

Gear: Faith Bow,
Andariel
's, Fortitude, Nosferatu's Cool,
Gore Rider
's or War Trave(can't remember),
Raven Frost
Atma's Scarab
. Merc, Pride,
Crown of Thieves
, Fortitude. This is a Hell
Nihlathak
run, with physical immune monsters. I have an Enigma but I don't use it on my Zon except for
Key
farming
The Countess

Teleport
Teleport

where is all this hostility coming from?

Okay first things first: Do you feel particluar bad about using Eni on your Amazon? Because this is now the second time you've defended yourself even though i've never critized you for using one.

Second: If you happen to randomly
Teleport
into groups of enemies you probably should stop teleporting carelessly around.

And then the last thing:

If you come into a place of any kind, where certain things are considered facts, go around telling everybody that they're wrong and you know better, you probably want to have a proof for your statement. That's the difference between being Kopernikus and some dude on the Internet, who thinks the earth is flat

Anyway i'm out. i'm to old to argue with people over the internet. take care, be safe, and don't drink and
Teleport
!

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Flippy wrote: 7 months ago
Teleport
Teleport

where is all this hostility coming from?

Okay first things first: Do you feel particluar bad about using Eni on your Amazon? Because this is now the second time you've defended yourself even though i've never critized you for using one.

Second: If you happen to randomly
Teleport
into groups of enemies you probably should stop teleporting carelessly around.

And then the last thing:

If you come into a place of any kind, where certain things are considered facts, go around telling everybody that they're wrong and you know better, you probably want to have a proof for your statement. That's the difference between being Kopernikus and some dude on the Internet, who thinks the earth is flat

Anyway i'm out. i'm to old to argue with people over the internet. take care, be safe, and don't drink and
Teleport
!
From what I've read thus far there seems to be some minor misunderstanding based on language usage or differences, but I don't sense any actual hostility. :-)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation