Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
28 replies   3542 views

Description

Hi everyone.
I've been trying to find a discord bot that can broadcast both the current
Terror
Zone in D2R as well as dclone walks, but so far I haven't been able to set up the ones found in github that require Python to configure. Anyone out there have a discord bot that I can invite into my server?
Thanks in advance :)

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi everyone.
I've been trying to find a discord bot that can broadcast both the current
Terror
Zone in D2R as well as dclone walks, but so far I haven't been able to set up the ones found in github that require Python to configure. Anyone out there have a discord bot that I can invite into my server?
Thanks in advance :)
I don't believe Blizzard has released an interface/handshake that would help a programmer created that kind of bot.

As far as I know, it is all manually collected from in game information and then dispersed.

ShadowHeart 1762Moderator

Europe PC
There are only two known ways to collect Dclone information - either through manual user reporting (which is what we do here at diablo2.io, and also over at D2R Clone Hunters Discord), or by using some form of screen/OCR reader that interprets what's happening on your screen/monitor by looking specifically for the dclone status messages. To capture status changes on all regions and game modes you need quite a few game instances up and running at the same time. Blizzard has no API that you can query to get this information.

There was at least one person who did that last one actually, he had a game instance running in every region and game mode combination (one per), and he published his own API for others to consume the status changes. D2R Clone Hunters actually made a temporary experimental bot that would read his API, and it worked fine for a couple of weeks, then all of a sudden it just stopped working (or would only update like once a day) and the whole thing just became a exercise in futility and that bot was shut down. Not sure what became of the API that it consumed, if it's still available, and where it's published.

As for TZs, I've seen at least one Discord bot that can report TZ zone changes as they happen (not predictively), it collects the TZ changes from https://d2runewizard.com/terror-zone-tracker which is manually fed by users as far as I know. In theory the same screen/OCR reader technique as mentioned above should work for automatically capturing TZ changes too, but not sure if anyone has done that yet. There's also supposedly a way to predict the TZ in advance, that some Koreans came up with, I think?

forums/terrorize-notification-app-t1142056.html

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
ShadowHeart wrote: 8 months ago
As for TZs, I've seen at least one Discord bot that can report TZ zone changes as they happen (not predictively), it collects the TZ changes from https://d2runewizard.com/terror-zone-tracker which is manually fed by users as far as I know. In theory the same screen/OCR reader technique as mentioned above should work for automatically capturing TZ changes too, but not sure if anyone has done that yet. There's also supposedly a way to predict the TZ in advance, that some Koreans came up with, I think?

forums/terrorize-notification-app-t1142056.html
Apparently yes, there is. Seems to work decently well.
No clue about the details behind it though. :) (neither the predictive algo nor the bot used)

mhlg 843

Americas PC
There's this on Discord, and it seems to be accurate but I haven't used it enough to know if that's true over time.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet

mhlg 843

Americas PC
The next TZ Zone will be Nihlathaks Temple /
Halls of Anguish
/
Halls of Pain
/
Halls of Vaught
at

August 30, 2023 3:00 AM   This timestamp has been automatically converted to your local date/time for convenience. The format is DD/MMM/YYYY, HH:MM am/pm. This is based off your browser time.

Information provided by a Bot.

I thought TZ was random is it not?

mhlg 843

Americas PC
Molfetto wrote: 8 months ago
I thought TZ was random is it not?
It's not entirely random for online games. There is a person or bot on Discord who's able to predict a TZ 58 minutes in advance. For instance in the image I'm posting you will note that at 10:02 PM EST ( varies with your time zone) the TZ is Worldstone Keep, and the TZ to follow in 58 minutes will be The
Chaos Sanctuary
. In the next post The
Chaos Sanctuary
will be at the top with a starting Time of 11:02, and the next TZ in 58 minutes will be posted below it. It's actually more time in advance than we often get for a D-Clone spawn. We could even start a thread where we can post TZ zones so members can pick out their favorite runs and even join with other members on runs. I've been using Chanbot for a few weeks now and it has never been wrong.

See Image.

IMO TZ is random for online.
The next TZ is generated 1 hour in advance and someone knows how to reveal it.

Relax and have fun!

mhlg 843

Americas PC
mockingbirdreal wrote: 8 months ago
IMO TZ is random for online.
The next TZ is generated 1 hour in advance and someone knows how to reveal it.
I'm not saying it isn't randomly generated, what I'm saying is not entirely so, because as you've stated someone or something is able to post a TZ about an hour early on a reasonably regular schedule. Of course I'm not able to follow it 24/7.

mhlg 843

Americas PC
Chanbot is apparently not infallible since it seems to be experiencing an issue. This is the first time it hasn't worked me for some time.

I think Chantastic is responsible for the Chanbot, and this statement by him "looks like a major dependency isnt working" suggests that the "dependency" is a software issue, and that suggests a Bot.

Link to the predictor or discord server?

mhlg 843

Americas PC
Electrobrah wrote: 8 months ago
Link to the predictor or discord server?
I don't know if this will work but let's try. I'm using the desktop app.

Chanbot is up and running again.

https://discord.com/channels/9762219563 ... 1634788434

mhlg 843

Americas PC
Next TerrorZone(s) :: Nihlathaks Temple /
Halls of Anguish
/
Halls of Pain
/
Halls of Vaught

September 1, 2023, 4:00 PM   This timestamp has been automatically converted to your local date/time for convenience. The format is DD/MMM/YYYY, HH:MM am/pm. This is based off your browser time.

mhlg 843

Americas PC
Current TerrorZone(s) :: Nihlathaks Temple /
Halls of Anguish
/
Halls of Pain
/
Halls of Vaught

Next TerrorZone(s) :: Worldstone Keep 1 / liorldstone Keep 2 / Worldstone Keep 3 /
Throne of Destruction
/ Worldstone Keep at Current TerrorZone(s) ::

September 1, 2023, 5:00 PM   This timestamp has been automatically converted to your local date/time for convenience. The format is DD/MMM/YYYY, HH:MM am/pm. This is based off your browser time.

mhlg 843

Americas PC
Current TerrorZone(s) :: Worldstone Keep 1 / Worldstone Keep 2 / Worldstone Keep 3 /
Throne of Destruction
/ Worldstone Keep

Next TerrorZone(s) ::
Spider Forest
/
Spider Cavern
September 01, 2023, 6:00 PM   This timestamp has been automatically converted to your local date/time for convenience. The format is DD/MMM/YYYY, HH:MM am/pm. This is based off your browser time.

mhlg 843

Americas PC
Current TerrorZone(s) ::
Spider Forest
/
Spider Cavern

Next Terrorzone(s) ::
Blood Moor
/
Den of Evil

September 01, 2023, 7:02 PM   This timestamp has been automatically converted to your local date/time for convenience. The format is DD/MMM/YYYY, HH:MM am/pm. This is based off your browser time.

mhlg 843

Americas PC
Current TerrorZone(s) ::
Blood Moor
/
Den of Evil

Next TerrorZone(s) :: The
Secret Cow Level

September 01, 2023, 8:02 PM   This timestamp has been automatically converted to your local date/time for convenience. The format is DD/MMM/YYYY, HH:MM am/pm. This is based off your browser time.

Oh, right TZ again. 5 times in a row!
The chance is 1 over 52 millions.

Relax and have fun!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...