Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
35 replies   4495 views

Description

Hey guys. If anyone is grinding out
The Summoner
can I have someone try out something for me? I've been trying to find a Pattern or even probability to which way to go. I have found northeast is about 80% of runs. Then if it's not northeast the next probability is northwest. If it's not northwest it's southeast. And it is extremely rare to be southwest.

If someone can try out this logic for me on a few runs (preferably a lot of runs) and see if you find the same?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey guys. If anyone is grinding out
The Summoner
can I have someone try out something for me? I've been trying to find a Pattern or even probability to which way to go. I have found northeast is about 80% of runs. Then if it's not northeast the next probability is northwest. If it's not northwest it's southeast. And it is extremely rare to be southwest.

If someone can try out this logic for me on a few runs (preferably a lot of runs) and see if you find the same?

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4

Necrarch 1612Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
I thought there was no Pattern as well, but for me as well it's northeast that gave me the best results historically (but not with such high results, more 50/20/20/10).

And as for setup when I see the stars on floor I also feel more confident.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP
I'll keep an eye out for stars on the floor

I will test this theory today.

I have always gone to the lower branches first because you can usually
Teleport
from the lower to the upper, but not usually the other way round.

But I do notice that It always seem to be the last branch that I search. :D

Lanceor's FoH Zealot Guide
Farm everything. Wreck Ubers.
■ Often online all day, but I'm on call so I may have to leave in a hurry.
■ Sydney timezone: UTC +10.

Lanceor wrote: 10 months ago
Just run the last branch first :P

Relax and have fun!
mockingbirdreal wrote: 10 months ago
Lanceor wrote: 10 months ago
Just run the last branch first :P
Damn, why didn't I think of that earlier? :D

I did 10 runs, taking the four branches in the order that you suggested. here are the results:

It does seem that the Northeast to be more common, but my sample size is too small. Perhaps once you've aggregated more players' results, we can draw some statistically significant conclusions.

Teebling 5832Admin

Europe PC
There have been a few discussions about this before if you're interested in further reading:

forums/tell-signs-which-side-the-summon ... 82100.html

forums/arcane-sanctuary-t3552.html

Ten more runs.

OP
Thanks for the link Teebs and thanks for the data Lanceor. I've made a public google sheets if anyone wants to do some runs you can add your data. The more data we can add the more precise our results can be, so if you're on another forum maybe post it there too.

The link that Teebs gave showed someone wondering if it went by which path it is, portals, stairs, levels, or traps so I've added a section for that too.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

1-2x
2-2x
3-2x
4-4x
Most of the time I do the same,Northwest and then Northeast...3 times out of 4 it works :)) the rest is MF :P
Don't have numbers, but i think its 25% chance each direction and this is what i experienced thru my own runs.
I go northwest first because most of the time there is a shortcut to southwest on a platform at the lower lane. Afterwards, i rotate counterclockwise

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service.
I've done a further 20 runs and the numbers are... interesting. Here are all my runs in their entirety:
Batch Results # of 1's # of 2's # of 3's # of 4's
1-10 1 3 1 1 3 1 4 2 4 3 4 1 3 2
11-20 2 1 2 2 1 2 1 3 4 3 3 4 2 1
21-30 4 3 1 2 2 2 4 2 2 4 1 5 1 3
31-40 3 4 2 3 3 2 4 4 4 1 1 2 3 4
TOTAL n/a 9 12 9 10
Again, the sample size is too small to be statistically significant, so take everything with a grain of salt.

Right at the start,
The Summoner
did appear to be North-East most of the time, consistent with davme_mcreg's theory. This began changing until it did seem like it was always the last branch that I searched.

Anecdotally, I've always felt that the game knows your search patterns and is more likely to put
The Summoner
where you're likely to search last. Over my next runs, I'm going to change my search order every five runs to see if I get a better success rate.

Thoughts?

i think it is pure rng which way he spawns, unless there is a way to see it on the map layout, any direction is fine..

I usually go southwest then north west because i often can
Teleport
across from sw to nw skipping going past the waypoint again that way, and sometimes the same from nw to sw direction

i tried looking at how many candles was lit on the floor to see if there was some Pattern of the map layout (summoner spawn direction).. but couldnt find any
OP
I'll add your data in. I'm up to about 40 runs logged and its about 30% 1 and the rest around 20-25%. It is indeed looking pretty random after all. I'm going to keep doing this whenever I hunt for keys, but I think it's pretty conclusive at this point.

Curiously I am at 90% or so for portals though 🤔

davme_mcreg wrote: 10 months ago
Curiously I am at 90% or so for portals though 🤔
what portals ?
One of the branches always consists of broken pathways that must be navigated through the red portals provided (or direct teleportation).

Necrarch 1612Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Fun, on my side it's never on portals and very often where Thunder Spires are. And if it's on northeast even better. Just got that on today's run.

Can it be results be random overall but something by user or by character ?

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP
You know I had that same thought last night when I was running it. The only way that you would find out about that is if it was moreso consistent one way for one person, enough anyways to show a Pattern, and then different for someone else. For fun I'll do some runs with my old season 2 sorc, if she's still geared - and alive.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...