Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   2254 views

D4 Makes The New York Times With $666 Million in sales

No data yet

Description

D4 has actually caught the attention of The New York Times. A good number of diablo2.io members are playing D4, and I'm wondering how long will it be before they share feedback? That doesn't mean that good feedback will convince me to grab a copy of the game, but I am curious, and I doubt that I'm alone in that thought.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/12/tech ... sales.html

Can be used to make Runewords:

mhlg 859

Americas PC
D4 has actually caught the attention of The New York Times. A good number of diablo2.io members are playing D4, and I'm wondering how long will it be before they share feedback? That doesn't mean that good feedback will convince me to grab a copy of the game, but I am curious, and I doubt that I'm alone in that thought.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/12/tech ... sales.html

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
Its not as good as d2, its is a better d3 if you liked the d3 style (Builder/Spender mechanic) and its itemization style, you should grab it if not then I wouldnt.

Come to Hardcore, Embrace the Dread ;)
Please Review my about me post for Ground rules before you make posts in my topics, if these are violated (even in ignorance) the consequence is the same.

Necrarch 1619Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
I play at d4 with my friends, and I have to say I find it very enjoyable.

Sure on the long term I'll come back to D2, but as of now I enjoy that as a Brand new game.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
I bought the middle Diablo 4 - Edition and had 4 days early access.

I'm playing a Barb who is currently at level 97 out of 100. That was quite a grind, but there were people who were already at 100 after a week.

The game itself is quite interesting and has potential, I find the new Paragon system particularly interesting, and the graphics and details are already fine.

However, if you only play from time to time and don't want to optimize your gear, Diablo 4 might even be the right game.
You can play with smaller or higher level players and don't really notice it because of the scaling.

But, there is no real endgame ...

From about level 80 (or 85 roundabout), the items have an item power of about 800, and with a bit of luck you will find items with up to 825 or 840 item power. But there is not much difference between level 80 and 100.

There are very few unique items in game, but they drop quite often (in just different item levels).
Apparently there are the Harle, Grandfather and
Windforce
, but they are so rare that it is already being considered whether they even exist.

Almost every Barbarian runs around as a
Whirlwind
bleeder.
I've tried a few other builds myself (Dual Swing /
Frenzy
), but it's not really fun and doesn't compare to the "meta".

There are mobs that will knock you out in one hit - even with good resis, life and armor - never figured out how that can be.

As a transmogrification, the Barbarian doesn't have full plate armor - ok, it's not Warhammer, but the designs are boring as hell - I kept thinking something cool was coming..
But there are good looking armor sets to buy, which "only" cost 25(!) Euros.
I can change tattoos and jewellery, but I cannot change e.g. the face or the hairstyle/beard.

For me the game is still in beta status, especially as a Diablo 2 (Resurrected) player there isn't enough variety of items, no interesting unique items,
and google for players who keep crashing the game - I've lost count for me , but we are in the 3-digit range - but not in the fight or dungeons, but in the inventory / when standing still etc.

Apparently there is a new season with changes every 3 months, but of course you can start from the beginning - that's not for me.
I still have no idea if the updates will be rolled out to non-season players, but I kind of doubt it now.

As a longtime D2 player, I regret spending 90 EUR on the game and I'm really considering whether it's worth it for the next Blizzard game.
I think that many players are now realizing that nothing is interesting in the high level area - you just have to look at the official forums at the moment ;).

The betas were good (after all, they only went up to level 20 or 25), the reviews in the gaming magazines were very good (I can't understand it afterwards), and I don't watch videos on Twitch etc.
But when a game is that expensive (70 to 110 EUR), I expect a little more for it - and also free(!) content patches / updates for a while.

Maybe I'm probably too old-fashioned there.
OP

mhlg 859

Americas PC
Alsvartr wrote: 10 months ago
I bought the middle Diablo 4 - Edition and had 4 days early access.

I'm playing a Barb who is currently at level 97 out of 100. That was quite a grind, but there were people who were already at 100 after a week.

The game itself is quite interesting and has potential, I find the new Paragon system particularly interesting, and the graphics and details are already fine.

However, if you only play from time to time and don't want to optimize your gear, Diablo 4 might even be the right game.
You can play with smaller or higher level players and don't really notice it because of the scaling.

But, there is no real endgame ...

From about level 80 (or 85 roundabout), the items have an item power of about 800, and with a bit of luck you will find items with up to 825 or 840 item power. But there is not much difference between level 80 and 100.

There are very few unique items in game, but they drop quite often (in just different item levels).
Apparently there are the Harle, Grandfather and
Windforce
, but they are so rare that it is already being considered whether they even exist.

Almost every Barbarian runs around as a
Whirlwind
bleeder.
I've tried a few other builds myself (Dual Swing /
Frenzy
), but it's not really fun and doesn't compare to the "meta".

There are mobs that will knock you out in one hit - even with good resis, life and armor - never figured out how that can be.

As a transmogrification, the Barbarian doesn't have full plate armor - ok, it's not Warhammer, but the designs are boring as hell - I kept thinking something cool was coming..
But there are good looking armor sets to buy, which "only" cost 25(!) Euros.
I can change tattoos and jewellery, but I cannot change e.g. the face or the hairstyle/beard.

For me the game is still in beta status, especially as a Diablo 2 (Resurrected) player there isn't enough variety of items, no interesting unique items,
and google for players who keep crashing the game - I've lost count for me , but we are in the 3-digit range - but not in the fight or dungeons, but in the inventory / when standing still etc.

Apparently there is a new season with changes every 3 months, but of course you can start from the beginning - that's not for me.
I still have no idea if the updates will be rolled out to non-season players, but I kind of doubt it now.

As a longtime D2 player, I regret spending 90 EUR on the game and I'm really considering whether it's worth it for the next Blizzard game.
I think that many players are now realizing that nothing is interesting in the high level area - you just have to look at the official forums at the moment ;).

The betas were good (after all, they only went up to level 20 or 25), the reviews in the gaming magazines were very good (I can't understand it afterwards), and I don't watch videos on Twitch etc.
But when a game is that expensive (70 to 110 EUR), I expect a little more for it - and also free(!) content patches / updates for a while.

Maybe I'm probably too old-fashioned there.

I would like to hear a few more opinions but great post. Thanks!

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation