Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
15 replies   2612 views

Description

I have made several kurast runs from lower to upper and have never once had a good chests in hell level where i got a high rune let alone a
Lo
rune. I have no idea what is wrong since i have done several solo and also many runs where there are 5 or more peop[le and i am only one doing kurast.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I have made several kurast runs from lower to upper and have never once had a good chests in hell level where i got a high rune let alone a
Lo
rune. I have no idea what is wrong since i have done several solo and also many runs where there are 5 or more peop[le and i am only one doing kurast.
You only do the chests around the campfire and maybe some Armor and Weapon racks on the way. If you got tired of LK, which happens, do something else, we all got bad luck. Just made my 50th cow on ladder and best runedrop so far was
Lum

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service.
here, on minute 10:33, mrllamasc explains how you
Lower Kurast
is done

otherwise, have a look at the whole video, there are more superchests around.

I like the chests in the dead ends hunting for summoner keys. got some
Mal
runes from that ones

Take this potion of LUCK

You play in a different language and want to trade an item with the name "Brennender Riesenzauber der Verstümmelung"?
Use the Baaltor tool to translate it into "Burning Grand Charm of Maiming"
OP
i have done all of those and then some and like i said before total nada
nothing is wrong.
Gotta do more runs

NOT PLAYING MUCH LATELY; ON MY MINECRAFT/MELEE GRIND
You can always make alternative offers with Keys.
I don't really trade in pgems.
Can trade on PC and Switch

second account JuliePayette#1511
its just rng

ofc the chance for a hr to drop is so low that realistically you'd need to do a 1000 runs before you could feel you have a chance for one or two to drop, based on the yt vids i've seen.

apparently the best areas to farm for hrs (if you can farm them easily and quickly) are: trav, cows, cs, and then pit / stony runs. Of course when you also add that you can get good items and trade them for hrs, all these areas eclipse areas like lk runs, where you aren't farming monsters but just chests. Also from my experience
The Arcane Sanctuary
isnt that good at all. Llama is informed but not all-knowing!

Unless you played arcane in a tz on players 7+, but even then, you have to wait for the ghosts to align to the path so they can (hopefully) drop a rune.

Ofc you're better off not waiting at all and just crushing cows /
Chaos Sanctuary
, clearing huge groups of monsters at a high speed.

mhlg 879

Americas PC
The
Lower Kurast
super chests in my view are mostly a Myth, streamer hype. The chests in the houses near the campfire are no better than any other multi-drop chest in the game. Yes I've farmed them and yes I did get an
Ist
and
Mal
, but I've gotten better from Arcane and
Lost City
chests. The area level has more to do with the quality of the drop than special campfire super chests.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet

Necrarch 1666Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Lower Kurast
is, from my point of view, only interesting in offline mode, as it allows to have a stable, known map and ensure to have one with 2 campfires. Without that, as said above, it's just a place like anywhere else.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Teebling 5893Admin

Europe PC
Necrarch wrote: 10 months ago
Lower Kurast
is, from my point of view, only interesting in offline mode, as it allows to have a stable, known map and ensure to have one with 2 campfires. Without that, as said above, it's just a place like anywhere else.
Yeah, I thought this HR chest trick only applied to offline
Lower Kurast

mhlg wrote: 10 months ago
The
Lower Kurast
super chests in my view are mostly a Myth, streamer hype. The chests in the houses near the campfire are no better than any other multi-drop chest in the game.
What do you mean by the chests being mostly a Myth? They are indeed the easiest to farm, because of how quickly one can
Teleport
around LK and identify them. Many of their 65536 known drop patterns contain HRs, so they're actually a pretty good farming option, especially in single player. Nothing mythical about that.

mhlg 879

Americas PC
ALLEyezOnMe wrote: 10 months ago
The
Lower Kurast
super chests in my view are mostly a Myth, streamer hype. The chests in the houses near the campfire are no better than any other multi-drop chest in the game.
What do you mean by the chests being mostly a Myth? They are indeed the easiest to farm, because of how quickly one can
Teleport
around LK and identify them. Many of their 65536 known drop patterns contain HRs, so they're actually a pretty good farming option, especially in single player. Nothing mythical about that.
What I mean is there are two things that determine the quality of drops across the entire game, the area level, and the number of items dropped at a time per number of players. More items dropped at a time increases the number of rolls equal to the number of drops, and that in turn increases the chances of something good dropping. I object to the term "super chests" because a chest that drops 6 items at a time is no more likely to drop a high rune, or roll a unique, than any other chest in the game that drops 6 at a time in an equal area level. In single player offline games you can increase the odds by using the "/players X command" to increase the number of drops based on the number of players. I've read the "65536 known drop patterns" claim online but what I've been unable to find how that number was arrived at. If it came directly from the developers than I'm more likely to accept it, but if it's a collection of random data based on user claims then I'm less likely to accept it, because people who are successful are more likely to report it than people who are not. We have a "You got really lucky? Then share it with us here =)" thread here in the forum that does just that. A genuine statistical analysis is done under controlled conditions that measures both successes and failures after a large number of controlled samples are collected. The larger the sample the more accurate the result.

Have to add that most of the time i combine LK runs with others,usualy as a starting point. Here are some scenarios:
- While waiting for Throne TP at Baalruns (obvious)
- Terrorized
Kurast Bazaar

- Terrorized
Flayer Jungle

- Mephruns at early Ladder
- Solo CS

I don't look for the second campfire most of the time as it costs too much time.

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service.

atari 463

Europe XLinux
Picture is from reddit and the complete guide can be found here.
You want to do this offline (to know the path and have a map with two campfires) and with players 7 to have a better chance for high runes.

mhlg 879

Americas PC
atari wrote: 10 months ago
lower_kurast.jpg
Picture is from reddit and the complete guide can be found here.
You want to do this offline (to know the path and have a map with two campfires) and with players 7 to have a better chance for high runes.
The campfire houses are easy to find, but most of the time there is only one, but there can be up to three of in a game. I've counted the number of item drops from the chests in both house on several runs and I got anywhere from 1 to 13 drops from a single chest, but most of the time I got around 3 to 6. Of the 13 drop chest, at least three of the drops were piles or gold. The data in the image is taken from single player offline runs in /players 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, and 7/8. There were few drops in players 1/2, but what it doesn't tell you is how many runs were done for each of the /players x settings. It does however mention that there are six chests which means at least 3 sets of campfire houses, which most likely occur in players 7/8.

atari 463

Europe XLinux
(...) It does however mention that there are six chests which means at least 3 sets of campfire houses, which most likely occur in players 7/8.
6 chests = 2 campfires (one house has two chests).

mhlg 879

Americas PC
atari wrote: 10 months ago
(...) It does however mention that there are six chests which means at least 3 sets of campfire houses, which most likely occur in players 7/8.
6 chests = 2 campfires (one house has two chests).
Right, I stand to be corrected. I often forget to count the house at the top of the screen.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...