Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
18 replies   10228 views

Description

At this point should they enable this Ring to go Live next ladder season? (Make it ladder only)

Gotta get some new blood in...or everyone migrated to D4? :D

Can be used to make Runewords:

At this point should they enable this Ring to go Live next ladder season? (Make it ladder only)

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.

Deleted User 63530 0

this ring is edxtremlly stupid idea. i dont migrated. Im stim still standing from 99

Deleted User 63530 0

if u add ring like this you kill my perfect whisp projector droped from countness... 2x ring like this and i delete my chars... that destroy sens all of my playing....
OP
aaabbbccc666 wrote: 10 months ago
if u add ring like this you kill my perfect whisp projector droped from countness... 2x ring like this and i delete my chars... that destroy sens all of my playing....
uh ok.

If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
IIRC, that ring was made by a mod developer (Project Diablo?) for testing purposes. He wasn't planning on making it obtainable.

Lanceor's FoH Zealot Guide
Farm everything. Wreck Ubers.
ā–  Often online all day, but I'm on call so I may have to leave in a hurry.
ā–  Sydney timezone: UTC +10.

OP
Lanceor wrote: 10 months ago
IIRC, that ring was made by a mod developer (Project Diablo?) for testing purposes. He wasn't planning on making it obtainable.
nope.
Back in LOD and Gfrazier was updating this site (
Arreat Summit
) it is listed as an entry in the Unique Rings section.

still in the game files. Never set to "1" so never droppable.

If you like health,
String of Ears
Skaijuice wrote: 10 months ago
nope.
Back in LOD and Gfrazier was updating this site (
Arreat Summit
) it is listed as an entry in the Unique Rings section.

still in the game files. Never set to "1" so never droppable.
Thank you for correcting me and for sharing this interesting piece of D2 history!

Lanceor's FoH Zealot Guide
Farm everything. Wreck Ubers.
ā–  Often online all day, but I'm on call so I may have to leave in a hurry.
ā–  Sydney timezone: UTC +10.

mhlg 840

Americas PC

image.png
I think it's going to take more than a unique ring to
Revive
ladder which has essentially been a farce since the start of D2r, because the vast majority of players have no chance of competitively rising to the top. I like the idea of ladder but in practice it fails because it's owned by streamers and organized farming groups to stock their online shelves with product, and when the streamers jumped to D4, they took what's left of ladder with them. In my view Blizzard keeps ladder going to stimulate the cash for items markets because Blizzard somehow has their hands in the till. Item for selling is in my view "low hanging fruit" and it's hard to believe that Blizzard is content to stand to the side while others rake in cash off of their game. No group is better situated to dupe items than Blizzard or their employees. When the humansantapedee fell short on enough Sojs to spawn a D-Clone, he stated live in his stream that he needed to "order more sojs," and then he did it during his stream. Who delivered his order? So I doubt that a ring even as unusual as the one in your image is going to
Revive
ladder in season 5.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
This ring only makes sense with updated playable content featuring a difficulty beyond Ubers imo. And thats kind of a Dream never happening.

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service.
Leave it as a test item. I think the sunders alter the game mechanics enough, let's not go ham negating hell difficulty. Literally the only downside to it is essentially negated by one
Dol
rune
OP
mhlg wrote: 10 months ago

image.png
I think it's going to take more than a unique ring to
Revive
ladder which has essentially been a farce since the start of D2r, because the vast majority of players have no chance of competitively rising to the top. I like the idea of ladder but in practice it fails because it's owned by streamers and organized farming groups to stock their online shelves with product, and when the streamers jumped to D4, they took what's left of ladder with them. In my view Blizzard keeps ladder going to stimulate the cash for items markets because Blizzard somehow has their hands in the till. Item for selling is in my view "low hanging fruit" and it's hard to believe that Blizzard is content to stand to the side while others rake in cash off of their game. No group is better situated to dupe items than Blizzard or their employees. When the humansantapedee fell short on enough Sojs to spawn a D-Clone, he stated live in his stream that he needed to "order more sojs," and then he did it during his stream. Who delivered his order? So I doubt that a ring even as unusual as the one in your image is going to
Revive
ladder in season 5.
This somehow veered off-topic.
The "draw" or motivation for restarting (other than the obvious reasons) has to be there. I'm sure there are equally a tonne load of us casuals who could not be bothered despite the fact.
Conversely, there are those of us who would not mind that slight pull to restart a new 'career', too.
Yes Sunders change the Status Quo. First a chance for perhaps 7x% of the general populance a chance to 'farm' / trade for after completing Hell
Baal
Second, to explore areas where they NORMALLY would not gaf about other than "
Baal
-1" games just to get max XP.

Will the inclusion of this ring Break the game too much? After all, it was done in the days of LOD..perhaps the dev back then decided to hold it off for whatever reason, but never a proper closure.

If you like health,
String of Ears
OP
Blubbalutsch wrote: 10 months ago
This ring only makes sense with updated playable content featuring a difficulty beyond Ubers imo. And thats kind of a Dream never happening.
They don't need to adjust the current content to suit the ring..that sounds counter productive.

Instead, why not adjust the bonuses / properties of the ring to suit the current content?

Also, to prevent "dupes", impose a limitation similar but not exact as to how Torches / Anni's are handled atm.
Perhaps..the very first BTA (bound to account) item in D2? :D

If you like health,
String of Ears

mhlg 840

Americas PC

Yes I did I wander but your post was about if they should enable the ring in "next ladder season" as a means to bring more people ("new blood"" into ladder and a question "whether everyone migrated to D4."

I didn't see how the ring will make any difference in stimulating the next ladder since ladder is pretty much already dead, and then I proceeded in my usual style of over elaborating on that point. :D

OP

Yes I did I wander but your post was about if they should enable the ring in "next ladder season" as a means to bring more people ("new blood"" into ladder and a question "whether everyone migrated to D4."

I didn't see how the ring will make any difference in stimulating the next ladder since ladder is pretty much already dead, and then I proceeded in my usual style of over elaborating on that point. :D
By itself...i doubt. As one of the new features - it may or may not - who knows hence the discussion :P
The reason why the last update being under whelming is largely due to the imminent release of D4.
Let's be honest..50% of friend list are now on D4 (hard). Newness always
Attract
. So half these players who were previously on D2r, are now absorbed in D4. Fully.

And blizz obviously knows that. They would need another strategy to get players back else the game be dead frfr. . .

Watch as the new patch kicks in the game get's discounted magically - $10 bucks.

If you like health,
String of Ears

mhlg 840

Americas PC

By itself...i doubt. As one of the new features - it may or may not - who knows hence the discussion :P
The reason why the last update being under whelming is largely due to the imminent release of D4.
Attract
. So half these players who were previously on D2r, are now absorbed in D4. Fully.

And blizz obviously knows that. They would need another strategy to get players back else the game be dead frfr. . .

Watch as the new patch kicks in the game get's discounted magically - $10 bucks.
Yes a lot of people have moved to D4 including Schnorki, and that's to be expected, but I don't think they've all entirely abandoned D2. Remember many of them are also people who played D2 more than 20 years ago and returned, and there may be some who've jumped in and out of the game over the last 20 years. It's the introduction of console alongside PC that are unable to interact in cross platform play and trade that makes the game feel smaller. Cross-platform play would stimulate things far more than a few new runewords or unique items.

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Same for me : I am on D4 with buddies when playing together, and on D2R when I am on my own.

Well, for my actual play time, not sure this matters a lot XD

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP

Attract

Yes a lot of people have moved to D4 including Schnorki, and that's to be expected, but I don't think they've all entirely abandoned D2. Remember many of them are also people who played D2 more than 20 years ago and returned, and there may be some who've jumped in and out of the game over the last 20 years. It's the introduction of console alongside PC that are unable to interact in cross platform play and trade that makes the game feel smaller. Cross-platform play would stimulate things far more than a few new runewords or unique items.
wait whyuuuuttttt

I recalled every D4 post being shait bombed to bits by @schnorki

If you like health,
String of Ears

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Woah, way to out me here! :D

But yeah...
Schnorki wrote: 11 months ago
Disclaimer:
Knowing me, I'll eventually be bored and drunk and someone's gonna talk me into buying it after all..but mweh..
And to be even more honest..maybe I just need to finally adjust my expectations and stop pretending like it is building on D1/D2. After all, D3 after D2 was utterly horrible...D3 after a 2 year break when considering it an entirely different game and not a new part to the series...still not great but actually playable. Imo they just need to rebrand it and stop pretending like they have the people, drive or dedication to stay true to D1/D2.
[/nolink]
I kinda called it..and that's exactly what ended up happening. :P

Though to be fair, I just dabble in it on the side more than anything (hence my being nowhere near 100 and surrounded by people typically far outlvling me). Main reason my D2 (and D2.
Io
) time is nowhere near what it was is the glorious summer that's finally kicked into full gear here. And I dare say I'm not the only one.
New games, especially "titles with tradition" will always draw in a crowd and leave existing games dwindling. However, if said existing game is one with actual proven staying power (such as D2 and by extension D2:R), people will come back to it once the "shiny" factor is gone for whatever drew them away (or once summer ends :P).

Looking at D4 specifically, a good chunk of the folks on there are taking more of a "play now, get to 100/endgame, then go back to D2 and other stuff until ladder starts", similar to the folks still playing D3 for a week or so every new season.

And while we're on the topic, just to add a wee bit more subjective opinion to my previous shait bombing:
I stand by everything I've said. All in all, if you don't look at D4 as "Diablo" and equally as important don't look at it as a PC game at all (I actually went and bought a controller for it..), it is a fair bit better than "Diablo/PC" beta made it seem. Mind you, it is still nowhere near any form of an acceptable successor to the Diablo name, neither in atmosphere and feel (feels like "D3 meets a WoW alpha" more than D1/D2) nor in quality (there's a metric crapton of unacceptable and just sad shit that needs fixing bad). And with the list of things wrong with it, one could easily fill a couple bibles worth of pages. But it is ultimately at least decent as a minor source of entertainment.
Though if they do add some (read: a TON) more polish and add a few missing features, it actually has real potential. Sadly, most of that potential remains quite unrealized, at least for now.

Beyond that, much like any other game, it stands and falls with the folks you play with.

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Woah, way to out me here!
Ooops!

When Heidi put out a call for people to join and form a mob sometimes referred to as a "clan," I suspected you'd be tempted, and some of us watch Heidi's streams for a few minutes here and there. To be fair I've been tempted to try D4 as well and since it's summer here pretty much all year round, the when and why doesn't matter. :D

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation