Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
1 reply   2096 views

Thorns/AD/CE, golem + revive necro (oh, and Bone Break)

No data yet

Description

Hello forum!

Newcomer here, so let me introduce the build that I'm currently using, very briefly:

* when it comes to gear, my main weapon is... Edge... My secondary is whatever I can gather to summon a stronger golem (
Fire Golem
in this case) and revives (no skeletons); base + to skills is 8 (torch, anni, Bone, +2
Diadem
): my alternate weapon grants +3 to all summons and a further +2 to
Golem Mastery
... AND
Bone Break
, very important!
* skills; 20 in
Golem Mastery
Skeleton Mastery
and
Fire Golem
; 10 in AD and CE; 1 in
Revive
Bone Armor
Dim Vision
Decrepify
; the rest into prerequisites and then
Blood Golem
;
* attributes! 1 str, 2 dex, 2 vit per level;
* merc is act 2, Might aura and is currently equipped with Bulwark,
Corpsemourn
and Obedience on an
Eth
Cryptic Axe

So, good gear but nothing formidable. Let me first explain how it works, and what I would really like to do. So, first, how (and WHY) it works:

* AD lowers the physical resistance of foes by 100%; all of them (except Possessed ones);
* thanks to
Bone Break
, AD takes full effect on foes which were previously immune to physical damage -- the only troublesome foes, really, are Possessed uniques which are PI to start with;
* in Hell, most monsters are at least 50% phys immune, therefore they only take 0.5 times the physical damage from
Thorns
... But with AD, this 50% becomes -50%: they take 3 times the physical damage as normal! As to normally physical immune foes, their resistance goes from 95% to... -5%! So, from 0.05 times the damage taken to 1.05 times the damage taken. Now you see why AD...
* Furthermore, CE is 50% physical, 50% fire; with AD, the physical part is amplified.
* But it gets even better! Revives are as tanky as the difficulty requires, the golem is sturdy enough if you invest into it (which I did) which means that the following traits of bosses are in fact beneficial to you:
Fanaticism
, Cursed,
Blessed Aim
and Might... This means they do more damage to your minions (and more often with
Blessed Aim
) but take all the more damage in return! That is, except...
* When they are ranged attackers, which is why I also have
Dim Vision
, used to "Silence" ranged mobs unless one minion gets in range, and then I AD... Alternatively, I can use
Decrepify
instead, but its radius is really restricted.

Now, that is not the ideal build I envision and for this build I need Bramble. There are two reasons for it:

* Bramble has
Thorns
builtin, which means I can change my weapon (I have
Demon Machine
in store, but my Dream weapon is Faith);
* I also have
Rotting Fissure
but then Bramble provides 100% poison resist! (my
Rotting Fissure
has -72% penalty so I'm 58% positive at a minimum since I have all
Anya
quests);
* Bramble increases poison skill damage by 25 to 50% (luck required), but I am also equipped with Trang gloves and I have a
Death's Web
waiting which lowers foes' poison resistance by 45%!
* And I haven't even invested a single point in
Lower Resist
yet, which I plan to do when I respec, so that -45% will be amplified even more...

So, yeah, this build as it stands is good enough -- but with Bramble (+
Rotting Fissure
)? Oh dear... That would be my Dream necro build. Not sure how I would alter my revives (I just could not afford that many points into the summon skill tree).

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello forum!

Newcomer here, so let me introduce the build that I'm currently using, very briefly:

* when it comes to gear, my main weapon is... Edge... My secondary is whatever I can gather to summon a stronger golem (
Fire Golem
in this case) and revives (no skeletons); base + to skills is 8 (torch, anni, Bone, +2
Diadem
): my alternate weapon grants +3 to all summons and a further +2 to
Golem Mastery
... AND
Bone Break
, very important!
* skills; 20 in
Golem Mastery
Skeleton Mastery
and
Fire Golem
; 10 in AD and CE; 1 in
Revive
Bone Armor
Dim Vision
Decrepify
; the rest into prerequisites and then
Blood Golem
;
* attributes! 1 str, 2 dex, 2 vit per level;
* merc is act 2, Might aura and is currently equipped with Bulwark,
Corpsemourn
and Obedience on an
Eth
Cryptic Axe

So, good gear but nothing formidable. Let me first explain how it works, and what I would really like to do. So, first, how (and WHY) it works:

* AD lowers the physical resistance of foes by 100%; all of them (except Possessed ones);
* thanks to
Bone Break
, AD takes full effect on foes which were previously immune to physical damage -- the only troublesome foes, really, are Possessed uniques which are PI to start with;
* in Hell, most monsters are at least 50% phys immune, therefore they only take 0.5 times the physical damage from
Thorns
... But with AD, this 50% becomes -50%: they take 3 times the physical damage as normal! As to normally physical immune foes, their resistance goes from 95% to... -5%! So, from 0.05 times the damage taken to 1.05 times the damage taken. Now you see why AD...
* Furthermore, CE is 50% physical, 50% fire; with AD, the physical part is amplified.
* But it gets even better! Revives are as tanky as the difficulty requires, the golem is sturdy enough if you invest into it (which I did) which means that the following traits of bosses are in fact beneficial to you:
Fanaticism
, Cursed,
Blessed Aim
and Might... This means they do more damage to your minions (and more often with
Blessed Aim
) but take all the more damage in return! That is, except...
* When they are ranged attackers, which is why I also have
Dim Vision
, used to "Silence" ranged mobs unless one minion gets in range, and then I AD... Alternatively, I can use
Decrepify
instead, but its radius is really restricted.

Now, that is not the ideal build I envision and for this build I need Bramble. There are two reasons for it:

* Bramble has
Thorns
builtin, which means I can change my weapon (I have
Demon Machine
in store, but my Dream weapon is Faith);
* I also have
Rotting Fissure
but then Bramble provides 100% poison resist! (my
Rotting Fissure
has -72% penalty so I'm 58% positive at a minimum since I have all
Anya
quests);
* Bramble increases poison skill damage by 25 to 50% (luck required), but I am also equipped with Trang gloves and I have a
Death's Web
waiting which lowers foes' poison resistance by 45%!
* And I haven't even invested a single point in
Lower Resist
yet, which I plan to do when I respec, so that -45% will be amplified even more...

So, yeah, this build as it stands is good enough -- but with Bramble (+
Rotting Fissure
)? Oh dear... That would be my Dream necro build. Not sure how I would alter my revives (I just could not afford that many points into the summon skill tree).

Necrarch 1608Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
(Mod: spam post cleaned, thanks for reporting)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...