Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
25 replies   3925 views

Building Smiter for UBERS as a total Noob, and I'm lost. Need help.

No data yet

Description

Hi guys,

Followed the Paladin Leveling Guide on maxroll, and have a lvl 77 Paladin now with decent gear. The main reason I rolled one was because I wanted to do Ubers later with him.

I just finished Act 5 Hell, but now I am pretty much lost on what to farm next for my Smiter.

I'm still running as a Hammerdin and haven't respecced yet. This is the current gear I use:

[Sorry don't know how to link Items]

- Double Spirit (Weapon & Shield]
- Lore
- Stealth
-
Laying of Hands
(for Fire Res)

-
Infernostride

and some basic jewelery with frc, res and pala skills

Currently in Hell Difficulty I have:

- 1577 Life
- 97% FCR
- 85 Fire
- 75 Cold
-
73 Light
- 75 Pois

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I might have already found a few of Smiter items I will list here:

-
Raven Frost

- Dracul's
-
Dwarf Star

- GFace
-
Vampire Gaze

- Rhyme (made one)
- Smoke (made one)
- Treachery (made one)
-
Aldur's Advance
(though my STR is too low right now due to me not respeccing yet)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So my question rigth now is. Should I already respecc into Smiter? Also, the more important question is, what should I farm next? What base Items am I looking for? Basically, what should I do next? I'm pretty lost right now, and really don't know what step to take next.

Note: I also have a Blizz Sorc at lvl 84 with 280MF and Cold Rapture charm so I could use her aswell to farm though I suck at map reading and tend to
Teleport
into huge mobs lol

Thank you.
Description by Gilwen

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi guys,

Followed the Paladin Leveling Guide on maxroll, and have a lvl 77 Paladin now with decent gear. The main reason I rolled one was because I wanted to do Ubers later with him.

I just finished Act 5 Hell, but now I am pretty much lost on what to farm next for my Smiter.

I'm still running as a Hammerdin and haven't respecced yet. This is the current gear I use:

[Sorry don't know how to link Items]

- Double Spirit (Weapon & Shield]
- Lore
- Stealth
-
Laying of Hands
(for Fire Res)

-
Infernostride

and some basic jewelery with frc, res and pala skills

Currently in Hell Difficulty I have:

- 1577 Life
- 97% FCR
- 85 Fire
- 75 Cold
-
73 Light
- 75 Pois

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I might have already found a few of Smiter items I will list here:

-
Raven Frost

- Dracul's
-
Dwarf Star

- GFace
-
Vampire Gaze

- Rhyme (made one)
- Smoke (made one)
- Treachery (made one)
-
Aldur's Advance
(though my STR is too low right now due to me not respeccing yet)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So my question rigth now is. Should I already respecc into Smiter? Also, the more important question is, what should I farm next? What base Items am I looking for? Basically, what should I do next? I'm pretty lost right now, and really don't know what step to take next.

Note: I also have a Blizz Sorc at lvl 84 with 280MF and Cold Rapture charm so I could use her aswell to farm though I suck at map reading and tend to
Teleport
into huge mobs lol

Thank you.

moot11 117

Americas PC
Are you online and able to trade? Or just all offline self found?
OP
I am online

moot11 117

Americas PC
Things that I would want to use:
-
Gore Rider
, you need more crushing blow and the open wounds helps to prevent monster healing
- Duress, I used this until I could afford Fortitude for my smiter. again crushing blow and open wounds.
-
Life Tap
Wand
. dracs is great, but for
Lilith
and meph you def want to have
Life Tap
on switch to get you started.
-Shield. I've never used Rhyme as a smiter(it might be fine), I started with Spirit and then used a HoZ with a
Perfect Diamond
in it.

As for level, you are close to being ok. I'd maybe just keep going up to 80-83 as a hammerdin. leveling will suck once you respec.

moot11 117

Americas PC
if you are NL im happy to come along and help if needed when you are ready

moot11 117

Americas PC
oh which weapon are you planning on using? i've never tried without Grief, but I think Black is a good starter if price is an issue
OP
Thank you. The thing that I just dont know where to farm for the smiter items. Do I totally have to rely on Meph/
Baal
runs? Or can I find all those items also in Hell cows? Should I run
Travincal
etc. Do you know what I mean? Like, I know the items that I need, but I just dont know where/how to get them if that makes sense :)
OP
moot11 wrote: 1 year ago
if you are NL im happy to come along and help if needed when you are ready
I'm EU :)

jbmc 89

Barbarian Americas PC
Gilwen wrote: 1 year ago
Thank you. The thing that I just dont know where to farm for the smiter items. Do I totally have to rely on Meph/
Baal
Travincal
etc. Do you know what I mean? Like, I know the items that I need, but I just dont know where/how to get them if that makes sense :)
That's the glory of d2, u can pretty much farm where ever you want, for most items. Bored of
Baal
, go run the pits, bored of that, go run Chaos, go farm the
Terror
zones etc etc.
Maybe there is an item you wanna try to "target farm" use a drop calculator to see who has the best chances of dropping it. https://dropcalc.silospen.com/item.php

| All trades negotiable | NA Time Zone GMT -5 hours | If I don't reply within an hour I'm probably sleeping |
OP
jbmc wrote: 1 year ago
Baal
Travincal
That's the glory of d2, u can pretty much farm where ever you want, for most items. Bored of
Baal
Terror
zones etc etc.
Maybe there is an item you wanna try to "target farm" use a drop calculator to see who has the best chances of dropping it. https://dropcalc.silospen.com/item.php
Thank you. That's exactly what I wanted to know. So basically I can get all those Items anywhere as long as the area is 85, right?
Is there a minimum MF I should be targeting?

moot11 117

Americas PC
200+ mf is probably nice to have. and yes tc85 areas can drop any item in the game. but I think andy or meph will be quicker to find the uniques that you want. cows is good for runes, I like the
River of Flame
/
Chaos Sanctuary
for farming with a hammerdin

And NL=non ladder. happy to help on any server is you are non ladder :)
There is no hard limit for MF. The more the better, as long as it does not affect your kill speed too much.
MF has diminishing returns, meaning, the first 100% MF are worth more than the next 100% etc.

Try to add more MF and see if you are much slower with the MF heavy items. Personally, I rather kill twice as fast at 100% than being at 200%.
Some items (mostly runes) are also not affected by MF.

All prices are negotiable.
All trades are Non-Ladder.
OP
Thank all of you guys.

One more question: What specific base items should I look for when farming cow levels for the smiter? Are there any particular important base items that I definatly dont wanna miss and look out for? For example, I think a swap CtA is important. Which base item do I really want for it?

jbmc 89

Barbarian Americas PC
Baal
Travincal
Baal
Terror
zones etc etc.
Thank you. That's exactly what I wanted to know. So basically I can get all those Items anywhere as long as the area is 85, right?
Yeah for the most part.
You want to find a good balance between having decent MF and kill speed. No point in having 300 MF if it takes you 5 mins to kill
Mephisto
. You will have more chances at getting loot with only 50MF and killing him in 10 seconds VS running with 300 MF and taking 2 min to kill him.

Here is an MF graph. For unique items going from 0% - 200% MF has a bigger increase than going from 200% - 900% MF.
I would like to point out also that MF doesnt increase how much loot you get, it just affects how items will roll (unique, set, rare, magic or normal)

| All trades negotiable | NA Time Zone GMT -5 hours | If I don't reply within an hour I'm probably sleeping |
OP
Awesome! Thank you

moot11 117

Americas PC
Flail
or
Crystal Sword
(or any 5os weapon that you can use without boosting strength) for CTA. nice to have but you can do ubers without it.

5os
Phase Blade
for Grief if you find a
Lo
rune!
paladin shield base with high resistances(45 is max)
OP
oh I just happen to actually have found 1 5os
Crystal Sword
so I could use that for CTA? nice ...
The thing to remember is that smiters are amazing for Ubers, you can do it with very cheap gear.

Other bases to look out for are the elite light armours (e.g.
Dusk Shroud
Scarab Husk
), esp.
Archon Plate
. 3os will be good for Treachery or Duress, both of which are good Uber armours. 4os for Fortitude or Chains of Honor, if you can afford those.

I think a 3os
Scourge
is a good base for Black if you can't afford Grief.

Pally shields can have up to 45 all res on them, a 4os
Sacred Rondache
or
Sacred Targe
is enough for smiters, even if just stuffed full of p diamonds.

If you're looking for bases, conventional Wisdom is 0 mf and Hell cows for quickest success, but it's probably easier just to trade for them.

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
Assuming that money is no issue, this is what you'd want to aim for (or about). If this is online, trading vs farming would make things a bit easier. There are tons of free games you can camp and "can" get things to trade up with, Puls into Ums/Mals, into Ists, into the higher runes.
This is my personal build and I eat all the Ubers for breakfast. The hardest one, which can kill me if
Life Tap
doesn't proc, is
Mephisto

Helm
-
Guillaume's Face
(with
Um
)
Armor - Chains of Honor
Archon Plate
(4os
Archon Plate
for base)
Weapon - Grief PB (Damage doesn't matter as much as the Ias) 5os
Phase Blade
for base)
Shield - Exile
Vortex Shield
(non-
Eth
, 40 all Res base)
Eth
would be better but you really want that 40+ res) (4os Shield for base)
Gloves -
Dracul's Grasp

Belt
-
Thundergod's Vigor
(higher the Def, the better)
Ring 1 -
Dwarf Star

Ring 2 - Ravenfrost
Boots
-
Gore Rider
(Again, higher def the better)
Swap Wep - CTA (5os
Flail
or CS preferred for low stat requirement, and they're more abundant in trading)
Swap Shield - Spirit (4os
Monarch
for base)

Torch
Anni
3 PComb GCs
4 FHR Scs
2 20 Lifer Scs

The next break-point for FHR would take 8 more charms so I would stack lifers and more PCombs for damage, but not necessary. You want enough Str to use all equipment, just enough Dex for max block (with
Holy Shield
), and dump the rest into Vit.

Skill Distribution

Defensive Auras
Prayer

Cleansing

Defiance

Meditation

Vigor

Salvation

Resist Fire

Resist Lightning

Offensive Auras
1 Might
Blessed Aim

Concentration

20 Fanatcism

Combat Skills
Sacrifice

Holy Bolt

Zeal

Vengeance

Blessed Hammer

Smite

Charge

Holy Shield

Granted, my Paladin is lvl 91 so you can ditch the Defensive Auras until you're higher lvl. I find having
Meditation
in place of Mana Pots more convenient for myself (
Baal
Summons spirits that drain mana).
Vengeance
for the Phys Immunes summoned by
Baal
as well.
Resist Fire
and
Resist Lightning
are to passively boost Fire and Light resist maxes.
Zeal
for killing while farming or in games for leveling so you're not completely utterly useless.

My Pally has 2500 hp, 20k Defense, and Max block vs Hell Ubers.
75 Base Str
115 Base Dex
340 Base Vit
Baal
Travincal
Baal
Terror
zones etc etc.
There is no minimum, it is all a balance between farming speed and mf. I have a friend with almost no mf (something like 50) as he farm a lot andhe finds loot. My sorc has like 250mf because afte4 i consder i loose too much damage and decrease farming speed. There is no formula for this and you have to try and see goryoursel on this i would say.

On Central European Time (CET)
Prices are negotiable
Looking for keys, high runes, can help with ubers, dclone or rush

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...