Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
2 replies   728 views

Description

Hey guys, i know that if you have 2 sources of the same aura the highest one will be the active one. However I'm noticing something weird with 2 hustles.

My merc and I both have Hustle, a level 1
Fanaticism
aura. When he is far enough away that I'm not affected by his I do about 1750 max damage. When he comes close to me I do around 1680 max damage. If I take off his Hustle and remove his aura, I go immediately back up to the 1750 max, even with him still standing beside me.

Anyone ever heard of the same auras canceling each other out before?
Description by davme_mcreg

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey guys, i know that if you have 2 sources of the same aura the highest one will be the active one. However I'm noticing something weird with 2 hustles.

My merc and I both have Hustle, a level 1
Fanaticism
aura. When he is far enough away that I'm not affected by his I do about 1750 max damage. When he comes close to me I do around 1680 max damage. If I take off his Hustle and remove his aura, I go immediately back up to the 1750 max, even with him still standing beside me.

Anyone ever heard of the same auras canceling each other out before?

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
They shouldn't cancel each other out, him coming in with the same level but later application merely makes his override yours.

For most auras, you wouldn't notice a difference as same lvl aura = same effect.

For
Fanaticism
however, you do see a drop in your damage because fana has a different effect for the user (your merc) and the party (you) in that the party dmg bonus is lower than the user dmg bonus. So as his overrides yours, you lose your own user bonus and it gets replaced with his party bonus. AR/speed remain the same for both.

Your dmg with his fana should still be higher than without any fana, despite being lower than with your own fana of the same lvl.
OP
Interesting. I figured that if I had
Fanaticism
we each would get the "personal damage" factor of it. Well, I'll just have to decide if he gets to keep his speedy attacks until I get my Mist, or if he's back to Obedience.

Thanks Schnorki

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation