Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   642 views

Description

I just got this warning on BNet. I'm going to sit out on hardcore until it's done
Description by moot11

Can be used to make Runewords:

moot11 123

Americas PC
I just got this warning on BNet. I'm going to sit out on hardcore until it's done
Yea.. made the mistake of restarting my computer and now can't log into Bnet.

EDIT: After a few minutes, I'm in.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.

mhlg 1172

Americas PC
Blizzard is once again experiencing a DDOS attack. Or are they? I sometimes wonder if the issue is their capacity or lack thereof to service all the games they've sold. The DDOS attack might be real, but I don't think it's beyond Blizzard to use a DDOS as a convenient excuse.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet, I'm in EST time zone (E Coast U.S)
The modern day corporate shake down. Seeing it quite a bit lately, and makes me curious as to what the intent is. I wouldn't be surprised if it was being done by another company for some sort of monetary gain. An ISP could easily pull it off, in order to encourage them into purchasing more bandwidth. Or possibly rival game companies, in order to steal players.

This was a very common tactic for private Runescape Classic servers back 10-15 years ago. If one server was down, all the players would flock to the next, forcing a monopoly for whoever had a botnet. However, it eventually turned into an all-out DDoS war, where we couldn't play on any of the servers and that was the end of RSC for me.

Really a shame govts can't help investigate it more and crack down on it. Seems like nothing much is done, as far as I know.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.

Schnorki 3714Moderator

PC
Gotta say, blizz being DDOSd just feels redundant af. ^^

Teebling 6688Admin

Europe PC
Zero187 wrote: 1 year ago
This was a very common tactic for private Runescape Classic servers back 10-15 years ago. If one server was down, all the players would flock to the next, forcing a monopoly for whoever had a botnet. However, it eventually turned into an all-out DDoS war, where we couldn't play on any of the servers and that was the end of RSC for me.
Loved this account of the history, thanks for sharing!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...