Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
12 replies   2234 views

Description

Hey,

I will use
Energy Shield
for the first time as sorc. And I have no clue what is best to level it up. Should I max
Energy Shield
and then increase
Telekinesis
for its synergy or to go 1energy shield and max synergy first? Is there any certain point when its not worthy to go above?

I will have like 20skill points for
Energy Shield
with its synergy available at lvl 90.

Any tip how to spend it?

Atm I have 9hard points in
Telekinesis
and 6 in
Energy Shield
(11points with +skills) absorb is at 61% next lvl gives me +2 only, dunno if thats worthy or to go for synergy. I am lvl 77 so I level up fast :)

Thanks a lot guys
Description by The Flash

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey,

I will use
Energy Shield
for the first time as sorc. And I have no clue what is best to level it up. Should I max
Energy Shield
and then increase
Telekinesis
for its synergy or to go 1energy shield and max synergy first? Is there any certain point when its not worthy to go above?

I will have like 20skill points for
Energy Shield
with its synergy available at lvl 90.

Any tip how to spend it?

Atm I have 9hard points in
Telekinesis
and 6 in
Energy Shield
(11points with +skills) absorb is at 61% next lvl gives me +2 only, dunno if thats worthy or to go for synergy. I am lvl 77 so I level up fast :)

Thanks a lot guys

check my other trades: member/The%20Flash/
my free items: simple t4t is fine with me :) what you pay is up to you
free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
, keys, pame, pruby, jewel

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Not Sorc myself but I think most people go first in
Telekinesis
to improve the efficient of
Energy Shield
(usually till 16 hard points to reach the 1 mana = 1 life bar).

Then add on ES if needed for duration and if you want to use it for full mana build, or stay at 1 for a life + mana balance build.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
usually till 16 hard points to reach the 1 mana = 1 life bar
That is this? (if it was 100%) and absorb mean if right now I take 100dmg, then I would lose 39life and 88mana (61dmg will go to mana with 1,44ratio), right?

If this is correct then wouldnt it be better to max absorb (because I have
Warmth
at 20)?

free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Yes for the first one, not exactly (or not sure we say the same thing) for the second.

The more points in TK, the less costly it is in mana to save your life.

The more points in ES, the more the split between mana lost and life lost will go towards mana.

And do remember than NO res / absorbs is applied on the part affecting mana, meaning that you'll lose lots of mana.

If you go full Immortal Sorc, max both. If you go with ES as a nice addition for more survivability in some conditions (e.g. Ubers), 1 ES point + 8 or 16 TK is the way to go, I believe.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP
The Flash wrote: 1 year ago
If this is correct then wouldnt it be better to max absorb (because I have
Warmth
at 20)?
I will try to explain it bit better.

My point is because I have really high mana regen it can be better if as much dmg as possible went to mana, and as less as possible to life.

If I understood you correctly:
a) increasing TK instead of ES would mean that I will be losing few mana but still singificant amount of dmg will go into life (compare to option b)
b) increasing ES instead of TK would mean that I will be losing few life but a lot of mana (compare to option a)

so in theory:
c) if I had 100life and 5000mana it would be better if I max ES so all the dmg will be to mana, because my mana is so high I wouldnt care if i lose 100% of 180% of mana per 1life
d) if I had 2000life and 500mana it would be better if dmg which went to mana would be as less as possible so I wouldnt run out of mana all the time -> maxining TK

I was kinda suprised that when you are on full mana and poisoned with 1hp, that your mana wont protect you in next hit.

free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
if you use ES, max both
Telekinesis
and ES. then with enough +skill gear ES reduces dmg by 95%. you only need 1 point into
Warmth
. mana regen works better proportional to your mana pool. larger mana pool = better mana regen.

at higher lvls like 80+ you put just enough str and dex for gear and everything else into Energy. get some Poison resist charms, and some antidote potions.

Ginger Gaming Mentor, Dbrunski, LlamaSC, Coolio, etc have good videos on ES and immortal sorc builds/ gear.

this season i'm lvling my sorc as immortal, respec after finishing Normal as Firebolt/
Fireball
at around lvl 38ish. max TK, and ES. 1 pt into lightn mastery then split points between
Warmth
and
Nova
. then max static and then max lightn mastery. currently lvl 60. im using
Gerke's Sanctuary
and
Iron Pelt
. I can tele NM
Baal
runs and not worry about dolls and souls. A2
Prayer
merc with Insight for hp and mana regen.

Houston, TX Central Time. join D2R Dclone Hunters Discord https://discord.com/invite/5DgUvcAYbR
OP
NightsAnonymous wrote: 1 year ago
if you use ES, max both
Telekinesis
and ES. then with enough +skill gear ES reduces dmg by 95%. you only need 1 point into
Warmth
. mana regen works better proportional to your mana pool. larger mana pool = better mana regen.

at higher lvls like 80+ you put just enough str and dex for gear and everything else into Energy. get some Poison resist charms, and some antidote potions.

Ginger Gaming Mentor, Dbrunski, LlamaSC, Coolio, etc have good videos on ES and immortal sorc builds/ gear.

this season i'm lvling my sorc as immortal, respec after finishing Normal as Firebolt/
Fireball
at around lvl 38ish. max TK, and ES. 1 pt into lightn mastery then split points between
Warmth
and
Nova
. then max static and then max lightn mastery. currently lvl 60. im using
Gerke's Sanctuary
and
Iron Pelt
. I can tele NM
Baal
runs and not worry about dolls and souls. A2
Prayer
merc with Insight for hp and mana regen.
well I dont have enough skill points as I said earlier to max both. And I do need 20skill points in
Warmth
because its synergy for
Enchant
. So I am left approximately with 25skill points for ES with its synergy.

I am using
Demon Machine
as main weapon. Yes this is best bowa build in this game since latest patch (and way cheaper than any bowa). Is it better or worse than "immortal sorc"? Dont know, dont care, because thats not the build I play.

Imho 95% dmg reduced seems really nice

I still have 2 respec available and will respec only once after I get all the gear.

Atm I am lvl 79 dmg around 6k dmg (and even +1all skills makes actually huuuuuuge difference). I have no issue with dmg, the only problem for me are resists they are around -40/-20 and 651life and 388mana. But basicly what I have for my final build are 4fire skillers and weapon and
Raven Frost
. Everything else is self found on the way - chances, Lore,
Belt
with 20fire res, Stealth,
Tearhaunch
. I can basicly one shot any monster which aint fire immune/fire resistant. Still no Flickering Flame nor facet no anni no torch not even magefists. My dmg compare to end gear is at the starting lane.

free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
If you are lucky enough (I was!) you may find a 4 socket staff with +3 to ES, then you make a Memory rune word and it gives you total +9 to ES. A massive boost to ES!
OP
Kriss_De_Valnor_ wrote: 1 year ago
If you are lucky enough (I was!) you may find a 4 socket staff with +3 to ES, then you make a Memory rune word and it gives you total +9 to ES. A massive boost to ES!
hmm but that would mean 3rd set of gear. Atm I buff myself with dual Spirit - which gives me 105fcr on TP.
Memory is nice, it didnt cross my mind to be honest. But 3rd set of gear is something i dont want to do

free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
OP
it takes like 30mins of shopping in act2 to get this staff - I just did some window shopping can even
Drognan
sell non magic +ES/enchat?

free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
hmm but that would mean 3rd set of gear. Atm I buff myself with dual Spirit - which gives me 105fcr on TP.
Memory is nice, it didnt cross my mind to be honest. But 3rd set of gear is something i dont want to do
My setup is HOTO with Spirit in shield and Memory. I understand having the 3rd piece of gear is some kind of awkward because you will have to juggle with them constantly.
it takes like 30mins of shopping in act2 to get this staff - I just did some window shopping can even
Drognan
sell non magic +ES/enchat?
My experience tells me if your magic find is zero you will get better socketed bases for rune words. I got mine +3 to ES 4 socket staff in Nightmare in Act 2 from
Dark Elder

Drognan
may have +3 to ES staff but never with 4 sockets.
OP
My setup is HOTO with Spirit in shield and Memory. I understand having the 3rd piece of gear is some kind of awkward because you will have to juggle with them constantly.
Enchant
last like 15mins (without much +skills) which is more than ussual run so it wouldnt be this dramatic. I mean I am just lazy to do it :D But that was a good tip.
Drognan
may have +3 to ES staff but never with 4 sockets.
well
Drognan
always has something u dont want :D

free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef

Advertisment

Hide ads