Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   2277 views

Description

Hey y’all, just thinking about
Terror
zone / level 85 farming, and I have an idea that needs to be filled out:

Anyone ever put 2 x lawbringers on an act 5 merc, given him Hustle as an armour, and either stacked a natural
Holy Fire
pally aura or high level
Enchant
, then just followed him around with max mf in the
Burial Grounds
Mausoleum
and
Crypt
?

This spot normally is low tier because of the high lightning resists and everything being undead, but could it actually be amazing? Especially as a
Terror
zone, but as a naturally level 85 area, could be a useful farming strategy?

Unfortunately barb is out, and so would be necro, but a druid, sorc, pally, bowazon and assassin would work, with sorc and pally being likely the best chars for the build.

Any recommendations, or experience with a build like this?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Nate 536

Switch
Hey y’all, just thinking about
Terror
zone / level 85 farming, and I have an idea that needs to be filled out:

Anyone ever put 2 x lawbringers on an act 5 merc, given him Hustle as an armour, and either stacked a natural
Holy Fire
pally aura or high level
Enchant
, then just followed him around with max mf in the
Burial Grounds
Mausoleum
and
Crypt
?

This spot normally is low tier because of the high lightning resists and everything being undead, but could it actually be amazing? Especially as a
Terror
zone, but as a naturally level 85 area, could be a useful farming strategy?

Unfortunately barb is out, and so would be necro, but a druid, sorc, pally, bowazon and assassin would work, with sorc and pally being likely the best chars for the build.

Any recommendations, or experience with a build like this?

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
I'd assume you'll get far better results by having him simply dual wield Grief or
Eth
HS or any other weapon that actually offers solid damage.

Lawbringer will merely add sanc to keep pushing stuff away from him, making him run more and kill less, needlessly extending your run times. Bummer really..if not for that stupid aura, it'd be a pretty nice off-hand for the decrep proc.

Why would a necro or barb be out though? Given, the barb would hate the Lawbringer idea even more as you can't hork anything anymore but other than that, anything with
Teleport
(i.e. Enigma) can just jump him around and stack MF. In fact, in a merc-does-the-work-max-MF approach, barb tends to be your best friend as the dual-weaponry allows him to stack more MF/GF than any other class.
That fact that it has only lightning immune is a big plus for non-lightning build.
The real issue is that it has low monster's density and too far from waypoint.

Relax and have fun!
Sanctuary sets undead physical res to zero, including immunes. so this area is a good area 4 a low geared
Frenzy
barb w. Lawbringer. the pushback doesn't matter cause
Frenzy
will be maxed by act 1 hell.
OP

Nate 536

Switch
Yea for normal melee guys this place is terrible because you can’t leach from them, but with the
Sanctuary Aura
it works, also because of how auras stack I think with 2 x lvl 18 Sanctuary auras the tick damage should be like 2 x lvl 36 auras… which is …wait …like 350 tick damage… well it’s magic damage, and it’ll be double that at short range. And it should be like 1200% damage to undead (even if offhand).

Anyways imma try it out next time I play, I think I have 2 lawbringers on my mules somewhere.

But yea would recommend a barb or necro because the corpses would be useless, but yea a barb does stack mf well.
OP

Nate 536

Switch
Oh wow, so I just did it with my
Frozen Orb
mf sorc, both on p1 and p7, and yea this build is viable.

The merc I used had a
Phase Blade
Lawbringer and a
Conquest Sword
Lawbringer, with an
Archon Plate
Hustle and normal arreat’s face
Helm
. Absolutely smashed p1, and still sped through p7 (seconds to kill something), on p1 I just teled around while he killed things, and on p7 I threw a few frozen orbs every now and then. I only had 1 hard point into
Enchant
, so I imagine a full
Enchant
sorc would be even faster.

Also because of the knock back on the Sanctuary, even though my resistances were single digits, it wasn’t a big deal. There was literally zero threat.

I still need to try in a
Terror
zone, but this can totally be a thing!!!!
OP

Nate 536

Switch
Right, so this is a decent mf option, but likely only for offline,
Where you can choose you
Terror
zone (adjusting your time, having noted when is the
Burial Grounds
). She also handles pindle really well. Having around 650mf.

Burial Grounds
and the
Crypt
/
Mausoleum
aren’t bad mf spots either, i found a perfect fire sunder charm and a really well rolled
Wolfhowl
in the first hour I was playing around.

And again I want to emphasis how safe this place is, other than
Blood Raven
there are no ranged attackers, and with how fast the act 5 merc is, no enemies will touch you.

If your online you could just do pindle runs until
Burial Grounds
rolls around

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...