Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
10 replies   2796 views

Description

Hi everyone!
My trusted merc for my sorc carries Insight. Now I am ready to equip him with Infinity. This would be a huge deal for me, took me ages to get the necessary runes and I could very well use them for other purposes. My question is: will I be sipping mana potions all the time as soon as my merc doesn't carry Insight anymore?
FOrb/FB sorc with
Ormus
, deaths fathom, nightwings, Spirit, maras,
Magefist
, aldurs, spider mesh...

Thanks!
knightfall

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi everyone!
My trusted merc for my sorc carries Insight. Now I am ready to equip him with Infinity. This would be a huge deal for me, took me ages to get the necessary runes and I could very well use them for other purposes. My question is: will I be sipping mana potions all the time as soon as my merc doesn't carry Insight anymore?
FOrb/FB sorc with
Ormus
, deaths fathom, nightwings, Spirit, maras,
Magefist
, aldurs, spider mesh...

Thanks!
knightfall
What is your build?
There is no reason to go with cold or hybrid cold/fire cold/light build while using Infinity merc.
Better go with pure fire or light to maximize your damage.

Relax and have fun!
OP
Well atm I use
Frozen Orb
+
Fireball
. But the build shouldn't influence the mana pool, right? So the question still stands.

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
What is your build?
There is no reason to go with cold or hybrid cold/fire cold/light build while using Infinity merc.
Better go with pure fire or light to maximize your damage.
Unless you have no sunder yet in which case neither fire nor cold are really aided by Infinity. So either stick with Insight or switch to lightning.
Or wait until tomorrow, get a fire sunder and go pure fire after that. :)

Mana is obviously more of an issue, yes, but if you have the usual point in
Warmth
and perhaps invest a tad into energy (more or less, depending on gear), you'll be fine.
knightfall1985 wrote: 1 year ago
Well atm I use
Frozen Orb
+
Fireball
. But the build shouldn't influence the mana pool, right? So the question still stands.
My advice is to respect to a full light sorc.
In case you don't want to,
Silkweave
is pretty good and you can also put points into energy.

Relax and have fun!

Nate 539

Switch
Yea dude, if you want to get the max benefit out of Infinity you’ll want to have a focused build to use it with, either a lightning based build, or any other with a sunder charm.

My meteorb doesn’t use my Infinity, she just runs ok runs for runes. I save the Infinity for my
Nova
sorc, javazon and fire pally.

But if you did use it with your char, how often you pot would depend on your mana pool and other gear. If you’re running a good Spirit shield, an soj, silk weave and
Frostburn
you’d probably be ok and wouldn’t need to pot very often. But even not you’d probably only need to leave one slot in your
Belt
for mana pots and use as needed. (There will be plenty on the Ground to keep you stocked)

Good luck! When I rolled mine the ed was anti-perfect… wa wa
Nate wrote: 1 year ago
Yea dude, if you want to get the max benefit out of Infinity you’ll want to have a focused build to use it with, either a lightning based build, or any other with a sunder charm.
In my opinion the last part deserves emphasis. For almost 2 decades we automatically associated Infinity with lightning. This is no longer true; with Sunder charms it doesn't matter that lightning immunes have the lowest light res, as everything is reduced to 95%. The -enemy light res bonus on Infinity could make a difference, but Infi is commonly wielded by a desert merc, so our character doesn't benefit from it.
Trang Oul wrote: 1 year ago
Nate wrote: 1 year ago
In my opinion the last part deserves emphasis. For almost 2 decades we automatically associated Infinity with lightning. This is no longer true; with Sunder charms it doesn't matter that lightning immunes have the lowest light res, as everything is reduced to 95%. The -enemy light res bonus on Infinity could make a difference, but Infi is commonly wielded by a desert merc, so our character doesn't benefit from it.
Ah thanks for the history lesson. I was like why use an Infinity for light sorc as all char benefit from the
Conviction
aura and none benefits from the light resist reduc.

On Central European Time (CET)
Prices are negotiable
Looking for keys, high runes, can help with ubers, dclone or rush
OP
To clarify: I am buildng a pure fire sorc as well. She is only at lvl45 atm, but even with Insight she uses lots of mana potions. It seems impossible to switch to Infinity. Same goes for my venomancer, without Insight not playable. They wold both be candidates for Infinity, but mana mana mana...

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
knightfall1985 wrote: 1 year ago
To clarify: I am buildng a pure fire sorc as well. She is only at lvl45 atm, but even with Insight she uses lots of mana potions. It seems impossible to switch to Infinity. Same goes for my venomancer, without Insight not playable. They wold both be candidates for Infinity, but mana mana mana...
The lvl 45 (and resulting lack of gear) is your problem.

Having spent all season with an Infinity fire sorc, mana was never a concern (other than during early lvling, obviously).
By the time you get to Infinity, you should be more than set on mana to support it.

Something like a
Nova
sorc is more of a challenge to support as their mana usage is truly intense. But fire..easy.
I agree with the previous post, my fire sorc uses Phoenix and
Redemption
gives me an incredible mana regen

On Central European Time (CET)
Prices are negotiable
Looking for keys, high runes, can help with ubers, dclone or rush

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...