Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
31 replies   8348 views

Description

So I'm sitting on a bunch of runes and can't decide what to make.

I've been playing blizz sorc and smiter to farm, but I want to take the Wealth they made and go do something fun with it before the season ends.

What's the most fun build you use?

Runewords or gear total price to build about 3-4
Ber
would be cool so I can make it right away.

Can be used to make Runewords:

So I'm sitting on a bunch of runes and can't decide what to make.

I've been playing blizz sorc and smiter to farm, but I want to take the Wealth they made and go do something fun with it before the season ends.

What's the most fun build you use?

Runewords or gear total price to build about 3-4
Ber
would be cool so I can make it right away.
Well, I can only tell you my opinion, and my alternate is a
Bone Spear
Necromancer, and it has been a ton of fun.

Plopping down 4
Ber
is probably enough to fully outfit the character with gear and a few skill charms.
I had the exact same problem a week ago so i ended up making a bowmancer. he uses Brand , Wisdom , Fortitude ,and some good crafted
Blood Gloves
and an act 1 Faith mercenary. maxing out the synergy bonuses gives you bonus damage to the procced Bone spears, im still working on getting his damage as high as i can but its alot of fun. you could make a boltzealer too with dual Dream Crescent Moon weapon and Principle armor with
Laying of Hands
. maxing out
Fist of the Heavens
adds the
Holy Bolt
damage synergy to your bolt proccs and makes for a character that can clear pretty much anything with ease, but both of these are personal experience and just my opinion.

You're a brave soul, I'd sooner thrust my sacred
Scepter
into the foulest carbuncular Trull then set one boot into that cave!
-
Gheed
, when asked about
The Den of Evil
Fun is subjective.
Some may find that auradin is fun when you do nothing and everything die. Others find that is boring.

You can level a new char and try new build at the same time.

Infinity and Enigma are mandatory for 50% of builds of the game.

Relax and have fun!
OP
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
Fun is subjective.
Some may find that auradin is fun when you do nothing and everything die. Others find that is boring.

You can level a new char and try new build at the same time.

Infinity and Enigma are mandatory for 50% of builds of the game.
Ya, from NL and previous season I have made the following:
WW Barb
Javazon
Kicksin
Light sorc

This season I have an Enigma already so really any build is viable to play wherever QoL wise.
riftsin is fun and kinda bonkers visually, not super expensive

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
On my side I have lots of fun with my Bone/summon hybrid necro, my trap/claw Nat hybrid sin and my bowa/Java Disciple hybrid zon.

None of them are optimal but they are all a pleasure to play !

Necro is the most expensive (Enigma and 2/20 amu are the expensive stuff here, though the latter can be avoided using hoto but he is my main so received a lot of attention), other two are way more budget options.

To notice that my two play mates are sorc and pally so we complete well each other - and 3 play is real fun too.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
On my side I have lots of fun with my Bone/summon hybrid necro
I actually have a point each in
Raise Skeleton
Skeleton Mastery
Clay Golem
Golem Mastery
, and
Summon Resist

I have so much bonus to all skills that they are currently hitting sixteen points which is more than enough to have some fun with summoning.

Like you say, it isn't "optimal" by any stretch of the imagination, but it is fun to play.
i did a summon/geddon druid this ladder and its realy fun imo.

like a mix of a fishy and auradin. fun fun fun

───▄▄─▄████▄▐▄▄▄▌
──▐──████▀███▄█▄▌
▐─▌──█▀▌──▐▀▌▀█▀
─▀───▌─▌──▐─▌
─────█─█──▐▌█
The most fun I've had has been with elemental bowas, a Riftsin, and probably also the throw barb. I think you can get a very good version of any with 3-4
Ber
. :)

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
Fire druids seem really fun now with the introduction of sunder charms.

Ive always liked physical bowazons. It’s even more fun when they’re really geared.

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
phantomotap wrote: 1 year ago
Raise Skeleton
Skeleton Mastery
Clay Golem
Golem Mastery
, and
Summon Resist

I have so much bonus to all skills that they are currently hitting sixteen points which is more than enough to have some fun with summoning.

Like you say, it isn't "optimal" by any stretch of the imagination, but it is fun to play.
If you can, try to get 1 point to
Revive
(through gear or going all the way - only
Fire Golem
is left pointless on my tree). With 16 revives you can handle hell ancients, DClone or even probably Ubers (did them but not alone) thanks to revived Urdars that provide Crushing Blow.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
im having fun with Pala FoH / smiter in same build and both are maxed out. (just have a few items in stash to swap for
Smite
)

just skipping the
Holy Shock
talent, which is almost pointless for FoH.. except if you want to pvp.

Nate 535

Switch
Definitely bowazons are always fun, throwing barb is surprisingly fun.

A hammerdin and javazon are fun in that they can farm everywhere on p8 at speed

If you wanted something cheap a Fury Druid can rune farm in the pits for basically nothing
Nothing like melee, for me. I need to be in the middle of the action for the most fun. Tele right into a group of Might +
Fanaticism
pack and WW til there's only one of us left standing.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.

Ravoc 123

PC
My personal favorite is probably my
Hydra
enchantress. Building her up as well as playing her is alot of fun.

You turn the battlefield into a glorious chaotic mess and have full agency in how engaged you want to be. You can stay on the sidelines, wearing everything down and throwing
Hydra
's around, and/or you can throw yourself in the fight and cut everything down on the spot.
phantomotap wrote: 1 year ago
Raise Skeleton
Skeleton Mastery
Clay Golem
Golem Mastery
, and
Summon Resist

If you can, try to get 1 point to
Revive
(through gear or going all the way - only
Fire Golem
is left pointless on my tree). With 16 revives you can handle hell ancients, DClone or even probably Ubers (did them but not alone) thanks to revived Urdars that provide Crushing Blow.
I hadn't thought much about
Revive
as a killer to be honest, but it is only four points away, and I have two free respecs left on Necromancer so I'll look into it.

mhlg 840

Americas PC
For me the most fun to play is any physical build, and right now that's my Strafezon and Smiter Paladin. I have a high level Hammerdin and a high level Orb Sorc with all the best gear, but I don't play them that much, and that's because I don't enjoy playing them as much as my Zon and Paladin. I have a couple of middle builds that I'm working on that will hopefully add a couple of more fun builds to the mix.

Note: I also have a Necro summoner, and a Druid undecided build.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
Season 1 was fun with the javazon, especially since I never build glass cannon and therefore was more than glad to go CQC against mobs and hit them with
Charged Strike
way more than your typical javazon would. I also stacked FCR high enough for
Teleport
to feel very fluid for an Amazon, so she can really handle just about everything in the game except a double physical and unbreakable-by-Infinity lightning immune. DClone speedkills got me to push my own limits and create repeatable challenges, and being the DPS leader of the party meant you were always wanted and welcomed in leveling runs.

Non-ladder has allowed me to focus more on my physical spearazon, who was always my do-anything-zon in LoD and by far the most off-meta. The way I have her stat points allocated, I'm thinking of playing around with a Grief and Phoenix sword/shield combo after I hit 97 or 99 with her. I feel like I have a pretty deep bag of tricks with her and I always enjoy putting them on display in public games. It was even more fun back when Oblivion Knights could still cast
Iron Maiden
in LoD because I have an unconventional counter for that too.

The reason why my spearazon is so good now in D2R is because of what I learned from building a Faith
Strafe
bowazon. Now I have her all-around single and multi-target physical DPS only bested by a Fury Druid build. The Maxroll.gg guides—which I feel are generally good—are terrible when it comes to a physical or
Fend
spearazon, and older guides written in the LoD era don't account for how
Fend
and the speed-based meta of D2R have evolved. I think I see why the build isn't popular given how bad the guides are out there for the build, but I was amused at how badly she was portrayed in Carbot's How to Amazon. I'm fine with people continuing to believe that though.

The bowazon is also fun to play, but not particularly creative. With her, I mainly focus on maximizing DPS while still being faster and tankier than your average bowazon, because she is otherwise the least fun to play Amazon subclass from my perspective. That's not to say she isn't fun to play, but there's no p8 mob wrecking or element of novelty or surprise with her.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Snakecharmed wrote: 1 year ago
The bowazon is also fun to play, but not particularly creative. With her, I mainly focus on maximizing DPS while still being faster and tankier than your average bowazon, because she is otherwise probably the least fun to play Amazon subclass from my perspective. That's not to say she isn't fun to play, but there's no p8 mob wrecking or element of novelty or surprise with her.
That's okay, you're forgiven. :D We all have different play styles.

Did I mention that I also have a Javazon that I"m working on?

As for P8 play, my bowazon rocks in P8 games, and is often the best in class, and although I don't engage in duels, I've won those I've been unintentionally engaged in. It appears that those who go hostile on a Zon aren't fond of
Windforce
bows.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...