Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
55 replies   5953 views

Description

I'm aware this is a silly question with a simple answer; you pray every night to RNGesus and have fun slaying beasts of all kinds until a
Jah
or something of equivalent value drops.

However, I've been playing the game pretty solidly since launch without a sniff of a
Jah
. I'm neither as efficient nor as dedicated as many on here but have still invested several hundreds of hours into the grand quest. That being said, I consider myself to be a bit of a noob in terms of all the game's intricacies, and in terms of trading / the D2 economy, despite 69 (snigger) trades and counting. I'm aware that I may be missing some potential strategies to maximise my chances.

Therefore, to prompt some hopefully interesting discussion, two questions for the great and glorious of D2io:

1) How did you get your first
Jah
? Did you find it, and if so where? Or did you trade for it, and if so, what did you trade?
2) If I started a (theoretical ;) ) race in which the first person to obtain a
Jah
would win ONE MILLION DOLLARS (Doctor Evil.jpg), what strategies would you employ to give yourself the best chance? Would you build a Java and kill cows as quickly as possible? A hork barb and go to Trav until you find one?
Key
farm? Torch farm? Anni farm?

Can be used to make Runewords:

I'm aware this is a silly question with a simple answer; you pray every night to RNGesus and have fun slaying beasts of all kinds until a
Jah
or something of equivalent value drops.

However, I've been playing the game pretty solidly since launch without a sniff of a
Jah
. I'm neither as efficient nor as dedicated as many on here but have still invested several hundreds of hours into the grand quest. That being said, I consider myself to be a bit of a noob in terms of all the game's intricacies, and in terms of trading / the D2 economy, despite 69 (snigger) trades and counting. I'm aware that I may be missing some potential strategies to maximise my chances.

Therefore, to prompt some hopefully interesting discussion, two questions for the great and glorious of D2io:

Jah
? Did you find it, and if so where? Or did you trade for it, and if so, what did you trade?
Jah
would win ONE MILLION DOLLARS (Doctor Evil.jpg), what strategies would you employ to give yourself the best chance? Would you build a Java and kill cows as quickly as possible? A hork barb and go to Trav until you find one?
Key

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
I've found 12 Jahs since launch and they've all been from either WSK or Trav on my Barb. 7 of them were drops, 5 of them horked.

Have done quite a bit of cows with my java + barb, but never get anything good from there. Almost no XP, and highest rune I've seen was an
Ohm

WSK is my favorite due to the XP + drops, but if I were in a race for a million, I'd prob go with Trav Hork Barb. Got 2 Jahs in less than an hour one night running that!

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
I have found 2 Jahs since D2R, one in WSK and one in CS. If it was a race, I think a Trav horker is ideal, though I would probably just get a FoH Pally and grind Chaos

Ravoc 123

PC
Q1 answer
I traded away 8
Ohm
for my first
Jah
, and 10 unid Anni for my second
Jah
I never looted one in D2R nor oldschool D2.

Q2 answer
Writing my own Diablo2 game clone with some tweaked loot tables would probably be faster.
First online
Jah
was at Tower Cellar on my way to Countess. From a loner Ghost in a pretty much empty hallway.

First offline
Jah
was found at Cows, my favorite place offline to farm High Runes.

Like a lot people has said, Trav horker at
Travincal
is pretty much OP. Do it 1000 times and see the results. You don’t get it then? Do another 1000, if bored farm something else. Is a grinding game Ma boi
Hey pal! How are you? Nice to salute you. :)

Well, TBH I feel a lot of similarities with you. Idk if it's precisely your case, but I've always been chasing Enigma.

I've been playing D2R since its launch on September 23rd of last year. I've been playing several characters in non-ladder, and when I noticed ladder 1 existed (quite late after it started), I started playing it with a Sorceress.

In this quest, an interesting adventure studying how the D2 economy works, and how could I get
Jah
and
Ber
for Enigma... After uncountable hours (among days and weeks), I got my first
Ber
ever from
The Arcane Sanctuary
, from one of
The Summoner
's mob (since he can drop up to
Lo
).

But... what about
Jah
?

Ladder 2 started, and I created a
Lightning Fury
Javazon (if I understood correct, same as you) in order to mostly farm
Terror
Zones for the famous Sunder Charms.

After a while, I realized killing cows was far more interesting than some of the
Terror
Zones IMO, so started going for it.

Finally, a few days ago, I got my first
Jah
ever from one of the cows.

Moreover, let me tell you a couple things I've learned these last months from playing and also some YouTubers:

1) There are several strategies for high rune farming. And for each of those there's always the best character for that. I would suggest you take the one that you find most fun (or, at minimum, the least boring).
You can go with a Javazon and kill cows (I find it really enjoying), make a horker for Trav as you also mentioned (I found a thread somewhere here where a mate showed some graphics and it's really a very good path to take in terms of efficiency); also a paladin works really well in
Travincal
(you can't hork, BUT you can take more advantages from it - more of this later).

2) You can trade for it. There are some really valuable items worth a
Jah
(like
Griffon's Eye
, for example), but you can also build Wealth in liquidity over time, and go and buy your
Jah

Go and farm what you like the most, look at the possible value(s) of the items you find, post them to trade, and start selling them!
They don't have to be all unique and best rolls; they can also be things like: Base items for runewords,
Perfect Gems
, crafting stuff (i.e. bulk of
Ral
runes, perfect Amethysts, perfect Rubies, etc.), and a lot of more stuff. In my experience, when I realized that people are many times willing to pay for things that you might not be aware of their value, it's just a matter of time where you'll have enough Wealth to buy a
Jah
. :)

As a matter of example, now I'm in search of a
Lo
for a Fortitude. They're about 10-11
Ist
. Since last week, I've been able to get a total of 5
Ist
from selling stuff I found on cows. You get the point?

3) With a Sorceress, depending on the build, you can farm cows, Trav, and a lot of things. For example, keys. On ladder 1 I did good Wealth selling 3x3 keysets. Lots of players are willing to buy them since they can take Ubers easily (most of the times with a Smiter Paladin) but getting the keysets by themselves is really time consuming). IIRC, each keyset was worth about a
Gul
. Even if you find difficult some of the keys, you can always trade one for another, OR you can sell bulks of the same
Key
(e.g. sometimes are posts like "Any 9 keys for
Mal
/
Ist
", etc.).

4) Create a Paladin, and when you get enough level you'll be able to take Ubers. Each torch sells really well, even if they are bad rolls (as bad as an
Ist
for them, I think). But you can get
Vex
Ohm
Lo
... even
Jah
if it's a good roll (Sorceress and Paladin torches are sold the best).

I hope any of these helps. Apologies for the length of this post. I hope all this didn't bore you and sorry if it did. I just wanted to let you know that I completely know how you feel. Wish you the best luck and please feel free to reach out if I can help with anything (I can help you level, farm a certain area, etc.).

To your success! :)
I'd just do keys and
Terror
zones, i.e. what I'm doing right now!

I have never found a
Jah
in 20 years of playing (on and off), but I did trade for dozens of them.
Long story short. I needed an Enigma for my Hammerdin. I made a Trav/Horker, dropped a
Ber
on a terrorized council kill and with all the other stuff I found / gambled for I was able to trade for the
Jah
. Have yet to drop a
Jah
or
Zod
rune in this game, been playing since original D2.

Please post a trade offer before sending me a friend request.
I'm in the PST time zone, typically available anywhere from 7am to 10pm

Zebot 70

Paladin Americas PC
I’ve found 7
Jah
since d2r launched with a 9 month break in the middle. 2 in ladder season 2. Trav horker finds only. But the fastest way would probably be to exploit trading. Buy low, sell high.

Edit: I guess the caveat to the trade scheme is that it takes some Wealth and risk to gain Wealth. But if you have a few spare
Ist
and become knowledgeable about the prices of a few objects, you could target those.
OP
El Oscuro wrote: 1 year ago

Well, TBH I feel a lot of similarities with you. Idk if it's precisely your case, but I've always been chasing Enigma.

I've been playing D2R since its launch on September 23rd of last year. I've been playing several characters in non-ladder, and when I noticed ladder 1 existed (quite late after it started), I started playing it with a Sorceress.

In this quest, an interesting adventure studying how the D2 economy works, and how could I get
Jah
and
Ber
Ber
ever from
The Arcane Sanctuary
, from one of
The Summoner
Lo
).

But... what about
Jah
?

Lightning Fury
Terror

After a while, I realized killing cows was far more interesting than some of the
Terror

Jah

Moreover, let me tell you a couple things I've learned these last months from playing and also some YouTubers:

1) There are several strategies for high rune farming. And for each of those there's always the best character for that. I would suggest you take the one that you find most fun (or, at minimum, the least boring).
You can go with a Javazon and kill cows (I find it really enjoying), make a horker for Trav as you also mentioned (I found a thread somewhere here where a mate showed some graphics and it's really a very good path to take in terms of efficiency); also a paladin works really well in
Travincal
(you can't hork, BUT you can take more advantages from it - more of this later).

Jah
(like
Griffon's Eye
, for example), but you can also build Wealth in liquidity over time, and go and buy your
Jah

Go and farm what you like the most, look at the possible value(s) of the items you find, post them to trade, and start selling them!
They don't have to be all unique and best rolls; they can also be things like: Base items for runewords,
Perfect Gems
Ral
runes, perfect Amethysts, perfect Rubies, etc.), and a lot of more stuff. In my experience, when I realized that people are many times willing to pay for things that you might not be aware of their value, it's just a matter of time where you'll have enough Wealth to buy a
Jah

Lo
Ist
Ist

3) With a Sorceress, depending on the build, you can farm cows, Trav, and a lot of things. For example, keys. On ladder 1 I did good Wealth selling 3x3 keysets. Lots of players are willing to buy them since they can take Ubers easily (most of the times with a Smiter Paladin) but getting the keysets by themselves is really time consuming). IIRC, each keyset was worth about a
Gul
. Even if you find difficult some of the keys, you can always trade one for another, OR you can sell bulks of the same
Key
Mal
/
Ist
", etc.).

4) Create a Paladin, and when you get enough level you'll be able to take Ubers. Each torch sells really well, even if they are bad rolls (as bad as an
Ist
Vex
Ohm
Lo
... even
Jah

I hope any of these helps. Apologies for the length of this post. I hope all this didn't bore you and sorry if it did. I just wanted to let you know that I completely know how you feel. Wish you the best luck and please feel free to reach out if I can help with anything (I can help you level, farm a certain area, etc.).

Thank you, I love this post. I got my
Lo
for Fortitude precisely in this way, trading 10
Ist
for it. :)

That being said,
Jah
feels much further away and less achievable to obtain in this way, I wonder if it will be quicker to get the necessary
Ist
runes vs finding one
Jah

You bring up an interesting point about keys too, sell them or farm Ubers? I have something like 28 keys in my stash on Ladder but I do also have a Smiter. To Uber or not to Uber?

It seems like a Trav horker is a good bet, but I do find it a bit dull. More time looking at loading screens than killing councillors!

drostealth wrote: 1 year ago
I have found 2 Jahs since D2R, one in WSK and one in CS. If it was a race, I think a Trav horker is ideal, though I would probably just get a FoH Pally and grind Chaos
I've done an awful lot of Chaos with an FoH pally. Couple of Ohms, nothing better at this stage. Just 6 more Ohms for that
Jah
:)

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
Ravoc wrote: 1 year ago
Q1 answer
I traded away 8
Ohm
for my first
Jah
, and 10 unid Anni for my second
Jah
I never looted one in D2R nor oldschool D2.

Q2 answer
Writing my own Diablo2 game clone with some tweaked loot tables would probably be faster.
Hey! where did you sell unid annis? :)

I want to buy your Perf, Gems ,
Sol
, Perf.
Amethyst
, P.
Skull
, junk jewel . I'll need
Ral
again later.

Perfect Gems
Ist
, 55 Perfrct Gems - 1
Gul
, 80
Perfect Gems
Vex
, 120
Perfect Gems
Ohm
or send me ur offers :)

Ravoc 123

PC
That was on non-ladder during summer somewhere. That won't be possible anymore nowadays, annis are devalued too much.
Janet the Java wrote: 1 year ago
El Oscuro wrote: 1 year ago

Jah
and
Ber
Ber
ever from
The Arcane Sanctuary
, from one of
The Summoner
Lo
).

But... what about
Jah
?

Lightning Fury
Terror

Terror

Jah

Travincal

Jah
(like
Griffon's Eye
Jah

Perfect Gems
Ral
Jah

Lo
Ist
Ist

Gul
Key
Mal
/
Ist
", etc.).

Ist
Vex
Ohm
Lo
... even
Jah

Thank you, I love this post. I got my
Lo
for Fortitude precisely in this way, trading 10
Ist
for it. :)

That being said,
Jah
feels much further away and less achievable to obtain in this way, I wonder if it will be quicker to get the necessary
Ist
runes vs finding one
Jah

You bring up an interesting point about keys too, sell them or farm Ubers? I have something like 28 keys in my stash on Ladder but I do also have a Smiter. To Uber or not to Uber?

It seems like a Trav horker is a good bet, but I do find it a bit dull. More time looking at loading screens than killing councillors!

drostealth wrote: 1 year ago
I've done an awful lot of Chaos with an FoH pally. Couple of Ohms, nothing better at this stage. Just 6 more Ohms for that
Jah
:)
It isnt a sprint, but a grind (with a dash of luck). There is nothing you can do other than clear high density areas as fast as you can and hope you get lucky
Janet the Java wrote: 1 year ago

Jah
Jah
Key
1. First one found was in the throne in a public
Baal
run. Nothing beats the adrenaline of beating out 7 other people. Second one found was solo in
The Forgotten Tower

2. Buy one for $5. Duh. 😂

Hork barb for SSF, probably Torch farm if trading is involved. Annis are basically worthless at this point and you're not in control of the spawn despite how frequent they are on ladder, so I don't think they're an efficient way to go for trading.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
In 14-ish months playing D2R, I have only found 2
Jah

1st: Horked from a corpse in WSK
2nd: Horked from a corpse in
Chaos Sanctuary

I have had the most luck finding HRs with my Barb, but my other toons have found a couple, mostly Cows\WSK\CS\Trav
Count me in as another that's never seen one actually drop, and I've played off and on since the version that was a build up to the then coming LoD.

I've never got a lot of certain things to drop--including most runes. (Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. I've dropped way more valuable stuff.) The point is that you may just have to try and trade for the
Jah
if that's possible.

(Edit)
Ravoc wrote: 1 year ago
That won't be possible anymore nowadays, annis are devalued too much.
That comment makes me cry a little since I've yet to get a real trade for even the worst possible anni.

Wowwies do I have a long way to go...

(/Edit)
Zero187 wrote: 1 year ago
I've found 12 Jahs since launch and they've all been from either WSK or Trav on my Barb. 7 of them were drops, 5 of them horked.

Have done quite a bit of cows with my java + barb, but never get anything good from there. Almost no XP, and highest rune I've seen was an
Ohm
temp
WSK is my favorite due to the XP + drops, but if I were in a race for a million, I'd prob go with Trav Hork Barb. Got 2 Jahs in less than an hour one night running that!
if the "you got really lucky" thread has taught me anything, it is that this man definitely knows how to play Diablo. I think Zero would win that hypothetical race. I mean, it would come down to rng, but... just go look in that thread. I believe him when he says he has found 12
Jah

P.S. I've only dropped 1
Jah
and unfortunately didn't manage to screen
Cap
it. Was a players 8 game and we were all in
Chaos Sanctuary
just farming exp. I was leading the group so it dropped right next to me before the others had caught up, and that's probably the only reason I managed to get it because usually my hands are never fast enough to loot in group play. All the other Jahs I've had I traded for. Usually something like
Lo
+
Ohm
+
Vex
+Soj or something enticing like that. You really got to make it tempting for them to give up a
Jah
Thanks, I think a lot of it comes down to having a ton of time to play and just not giving up until I get a good drop. I can be a stubborn bastard. Will go until 3-4AM some nights if its a good
Terror
zone, which is admittedly pushing my sleep schedule a bit too far sometimes. Gotta be up @ 8AM for work Mon-Fri. But has been worth it in many cases.

Ever since COVID hit I've been working from home and am able to do Trav runs here and there during my breaks, which can be quite often on slow days. Recently upgraded a few dozen Windows/MSSQL servers from 2012 to 2019 and now I can relax a bit while I wait until next big project. Just hit 10 years at my current job - only 30 more to go until retirement!! Woohoo.. xD

Sorry for the tangent, back to Diablo. I think a lot of times people spread out their effort between chars, making each one moderately strong instead of having one or two super powerful chars. I see it in many other games, as well as aspects of life. Most spread their talents thin and are slightly versed in all, while others focus their efforts on only a few and aim to perfect them. I'm someone who does the latter in most cases, especially in the games I play. Was top 10 for greater rifts at one point with my Barb back in D3 and #1 Warrior on my realm for about a year back during Cata in WoW. But I get that the endgame grind can get boring at times so people want to mix it up with new chars or even move on to other games. Will be a long time for me though! Had close to 4000 hours in D3, and that game wasn't anywhere near as good as this one IMO.
Spoiler
The secret to my persistence is unlimited amount of fresh, organic homegrown (just harvested a BEAUTIFUL crop that's now drying), which makes my loot finding adventure an absolute, never-ending joy on my barb + javazon. Whenever it starts getting slow, I pack my
Volcano
or 3-footer and enjoy some quality green, which seems to always do the trick. Can do 100 Trav runs in 2-3 hours and it feels like a few minutes!

EDIT: And another nice bonus to Trav is fast gold for gambling, which can get you some pretty amazing jewelry. Check out this ring I just gambled yesterday:
How many
Jah
do you think that could go for? xD

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
first one was a week ago, horked it from trav.

been playing since d2lod launch and never had one drop. ive never had
Lo
Sur
Ber
Cham
, or
Zod
drop for me.

My screencaps are a bit washed out cuz of HDR, sorry!
A friend sends: cube two
Ber
and a
Flawless Ruby

>_<

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...