19 replies   2915 views

Description

Been debating on making a
Poison Nova
Necro, a
Hurricane
Druid, or Javazon. I have all the stuff to make druid (using
Shako
) but just haven't yet and kinda wanted one of the other 2 more. While debating this, I found my first ever Dweb (2/44 roll) and took that as a sign. Now I'm curious about how to actually build one.

Gearing I understand mostly, Dweb,
Shako
or 2/20
Circlet
/
Tiara
/
Diadem
Trang Gloves, Arachs, Travs, 2 FCR rings, Spirit 2 Skill fcr ammy, Enigma. That way I can MF with him some and still kill fast.

However, I'm not sure whats best for the Merc. Which A2 merc and what weapon is best? I thought Infinity but apparently that doesn't effect poison so just run
Defiance
and Insight?

Also outside
Poison Nova
and it's synergies I don't know what else to run skill wise. Are any curses, or summons used? Any other poison or Bone skills?

Still need to get a
Circlet
, ammy, and Torch but Shouldn't be too hard to get decent ones. Also a couple Poison Facets.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: What areas are good to farm? On NL so no sunder access. Also can he farm areas solo on P8 or strictly P1?
Description by Stormlash

Can be used to make Runewords:

Been debating on making a
Poison Nova
Necro, a
Hurricane
Druid, or Javazon. I have all the stuff to make druid (using
Shako
) but just haven't yet and kinda wanted one of the other 2 more. While debating this, I found my first ever Dweb (2/44 roll) and took that as a sign. Now I'm curious about how to actually build one.

Gearing I understand mostly, Dweb,
Shako
or 2/20
Circlet
/
Tiara
/
Diadem
Trang Gloves, Arachs, Travs, 2 FCR rings, Spirit 2 Skill fcr ammy, Enigma. That way I can MF with him some and still kill fast.

However, I'm not sure whats best for the Merc. Which A2 merc and what weapon is best? I thought Infinity but apparently that doesn't effect poison so just run
Defiance
and Insight?

Also outside
Poison Nova
and it's synergies I don't know what else to run skill wise. Are any curses, or summons used? Any other poison or Bone skills?

Still need to get a
Circlet
, ammy, and Torch but Shouldn't be too hard to get decent ones. Also a couple Poison Facets.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: What areas are good to farm? On NL so no sunder access. Also can he farm areas solo on P8 or strictly P1?

"Having Shadowheart around is better than luck. More reliable."
~Necrarch

Schnorki 3236Moderator

PC
While I can't really recommend it simply because I have a personal distaste for partial sets, look at Trang's shield +
Belt
to go with the gloves. You're already planning on the gloves so I guess the "no partial sets!" thing doesn't apply anyways. But shield 3-piece = -25 poison res which can easily outweigh what you lose in arach and Spirit.

Seeing how you don't need to spam
Poison Nova
as fast as possible as it'll merely overwrite itself, FCR isn't quite as important for that build.
For that same reason, I for one would go for SoJ/BK over FCR rings.
FCR really only helps with travel time. And that you can still push to solid speed either way (even more so with Spirit on switch with your CtA).

Insight tends to be a solid option but that doesn't have to be on your merc but may just as well be covered via an
Iron Golem
. Either one saves you from actually having to invest into energy yourself. The latter would then allow you to go for raw max damage on your merc (BotD or the like) or to go for additional support auras (e.g. might merc to buff summons if you use any, adding Doom to still get freeze for defense).
The reason to run Infinity on the merc is to increase the damage from
Corpse Explosion
. You'll want to put 20 points into
Corpse Explosion
after maxing Poison skills.
OP
ALLEyezOnMe wrote: 1 year ago
I'm using DWeb,
Shako
, Mara's, Enigma, 3 pcs Trang Set, SoJ, 10% FCR ring and
War Traveler

The merc uses Insight + Andy's Visage + Fortitude.

My
Poison Nova
damage is around 8K, but it's really the
Corpse Explosion
that wrecks everything in sight.
Ah so Pop in,
Nova
, then CE everything that drops. Is it able to solo MF P8 games?

~Necrarch
OP
Primordial wrote: 1 year ago
The reason to run Infinity on the merc is to increase the damage from
Corpse Explosion
. You'll want to put 20 points into
Corpse Explosion
after maxing Poison skills.
So Might Merc with Infinity?

~Necrarch
OP
So maybe a Might Merc with Infinity and
Iron Golem
with Insight? Lower res, Amp damage, and
Decrepify
curses to increase damage output?

~Necrarch
I haven't tried it yet, but l heard some like ebotd on merc saying the initial kill is faster then u can start exploding everything. But ya Infinity does help with the -fire resist. I too learned the lesson that poison resist wasn't effected.

Necrarch 1695Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
As for skills, after having maxed (60 + pre-req) poisons, add 1 point at least in
Bone Armor
(always practical for cheap extra survivaility, no need to put more as + skills will apply), 7 point in curses to reach
Lower Resist
. Perhaps 1 more point in Bonewall for more crowd control but that's optional.

Then, you can max or at least increase Corpse Expl. If I were you though I'd save a few points for summoning skills. 9 points (1 per skill except useless
Fire Golem
) allows with + skills to have a good meat shield with skellies, mages and revives (the last ones being important for Ubers or DClones to
Revive
Urdars).

And if you have any extra skill points left, add them to Raise Skeletons - better and more resistant meat shield - or if you use
Iron Golem
Golem Mastery
to make it more solid.

Hf !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Infinity is essential for a Novamancer because it increases fire, physical, and poison damage. So that covers your mercenary's damage, summons,
Poison Nova
and
Corpse Explosion

Instead of Might, you could go with a
Holy Freeze
mercenary for survivability.
ExplodeSheep wrote: 1 year ago
Infinity is essential for a Novamancer because it increases fire, physical, and poison damage. So that covers your mercenary's damage, summons,
Poison Nova
and
Corpse Explosion

Holy Freeze
Infinity does not influence poison resist, so the only use of Infinity is for CE (=fire+physcial dmg).

Necrarch 1695Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Poison Nova
and
Corpse Explosion

Holy Freeze
For the last part, depends on if you go summons are not. If you use them, Might. If you don't, HF is indeed just fine.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
OP
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
Poison Nova
and
Corpse Explosion

Holy Freeze
For the last part, depends on if you go summons are not. If you use them, Might. If you don't, HF is indeed just fine.
Not sure which yet. I'll probably just use Golem and Merc.

~Necrarch
OP
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
While I can't really recommend it simply because I have a personal distaste for partial sets, look at Trang's shield +
Belt
to go with the gloves. You're already planning on the gloves so I guess the "no partial sets!" thing doesn't apply anyways. But shield 3-piece = -25 poison res which can easily outweigh what you lose in arach and Spirit.

Seeing how you don't need to spam
Poison Nova
as fast as possible as it'll merely overwrite itself, FCR isn't quite as important for that build.
For that same reason, I for one would go for SoJ/BK over FCR rings.
FCR really only helps with travel time. And that you can still push to solid speed either way (even more so with Spirit on switch with your CtA).

Insight tends to be a solid option but that doesn't have to be on your merc but may just as well be covered via an
Iron Golem
. Either one saves you from actually having to invest into energy yourself. The latter would then allow you to go for raw max damage on your merc (BotD or the like) or to go for additional support auras (e.g. might merc to buff summons if you use any, adding Doom to still get freeze for defense).
Wouldn't FCR be good for CE though? Gloves are for FCR and poison res, Arachs for FCR and skill and maybe go with Homunculous instead of Spirit. My original plan was hitting 125 fcr bp but maybe 75 is good enough then stack damage and some mf.

~Necrarch

Schnorki 3236Moderator

PC
Yes, FCR would help CE.

I just don't think of CE when I hear poison necro, seeing how
Poison Nova
is aoe anyways and tends to wreck everything by itself, rendering CE completely unnecessary and kind of pointless since by the time you have a first corpse, everything else is already falling over as well anyways.

Then again, I'm online and hate pugs so..mostly based on P1 or similar. I guess in P8, CE may be more useful as your merc gets more of a head start on the initial target. But mweh.

Necrarch 1695Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
If I were you, start with a2 might merc with Insight in
Eth
elite, max Poison skills and just use one point wonders in all trees.

See how things go and then adapt to the more optional stuff : CE above 1 point wonder, additional skels, Infinity, fcr above 75, charms, possible hf merc, possibly with a respec when having anni + torch to save lots of str hard points.
Also plan on getting (buying?) a Poison sunder.

Annihilus
OP
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Yes, FCR would help CE.

I just don't think of CE when I hear poison necro, seeing how
Poison Nova
is aoe anyways and tends to wreck everything by itself, rendering CE completely unnecessary and kind of pointless since by the time you have a first corpse, everything else is already falling over as well anyways.

Then again, I'm online and hate pugs so..mostly based on P1 or similar. I guess in P8, CE may be more useful as your merc gets more of a head start on the initial target. But mweh.
I want sometging that can P8 Tzones but run solo. I also am online.

~Necrarch
OP
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
If I were you, start with a2 might merc with Insight in
Eth
elite, max Poison skills and just use one point wonders in all trees.

See how things go and then adapt to the more optional stuff : CE above 1 point wonder, additional skels, Infinity, fcr above 75, charms, possible hf merc, possibly with a respec when having anni + torch to save lots of str hard points.
Also plan on getting (buying?) a Poison sunder.
Non Ladder so no sunder access. as for summons, I may make a summoner at some point so probly go more for the CE route.

~Necrarch

Necrarch 1695Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
I am non ladder also :)
But made a ladder mule and bought some sunders from Schnorki :)

Annihilus
The main challenge with a Novamancer is choosing where to put your 40 or so skill points after maxing the poison synergies:
  • If you go skellies, your play starts to feel more like a summoner than a Novamancer. However, this is the most viable setup for P8 play.
  • If you don’t want to play with an army of skellies, you can go
    Revive
    +
    Skeleton Mastery
    and resurrect just a few mobs for safety.
  • There aren’t enough points left for the other P&B skills to be useful. Except for
    Corpse Explosion
    , but then you are a Fishymancer.
  • Curses are a decent place for your skill points. If you don’t want to play with any summons at all, this route is a little more hardcore.
  • Golems weren’t buffed enough in 2.4 to be truly viable for P8 play. 40 points (or 100) is not enough to make golems shine in the end game.
But you should play whatever you find enjoyable :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation