Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   919 views

Description

I am trying to register on D2R clone hunters Discord, steps are as follows:

1. Entered User name, Verification Required.
2. Started verification by entering my phone number.
3. Got code, entered code, still Verification Required.
4. Use email to verify, need enter email address and password.
5. I haven't gotten there yet.

At step 3, I was guessing maybe because my Firefox browser? I switched to Microsoft Edge, got to step 3 as well, but after I entered new code, it says "An existing Discord account is already using this number."
Meanwhile, after a few minutes, the Firefox page went to step 4, so the question is what password is discord asking for? Is it my email password if so why, or a Brand new password related to my user name, which I haven't entered yet. I am so lost here.

Can somebody who's familiar with Discord help a fellow brother here please?
Description by Flyhorse

Can be used to make Runewords:

I am trying to register on D2R clone hunters Discord, steps are as follows:

1. Entered User name, Verification Required.
2. Started verification by entering my phone number.
3. Got code, entered code, still Verification Required.
4. Use email to verify, need enter email address and password.
5. I haven't gotten there yet.

At step 3, I was guessing maybe because my Firefox browser? I switched to Microsoft Edge, got to step 3 as well, but after I entered new code, it says "An existing Discord account is already using this number."
Meanwhile, after a few minutes, the Firefox page went to step 4, so the question is what password is discord asking for? Is it my email password if so why, or a Brand new password related to my user name, which I haven't entered yet. I am so lost here.

Can somebody who's familiar with Discord help a fellow brother here please?
OP
I guess it's bad timing, people going to sleep.
I just tried a pass for discord and it finally went through.
Yeah, an achievement.

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
Genuinely can't remember the discord process (though Discord in general is annoying AF in all sorts of ways) but as a general rule:

If any such service or site or whatever asks for your email password, rather than your password to your account for their service, you are either misreading things or they are flat out trying to steal your shit. ;)

(The exception being the various services that use Google auth and such by now I suppose, since that effectively makes your gmail account their account)
OP
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Genuinely can't remember the discord process (though Discord in general is annoying AF in all sorts of ways) but as a general rule:

If any such service or site or whatever asks for your email password, rather than your password to your account for their service, you are either misreading things or they are flat out trying to steal your shit. ;)

(The exception being the various services that use Google auth by now I suppose, since that effectively makes your gmail account their account)
I am totally with you, which is why I was asking the step 4, the description is not that clear what I should input, leave me guessing the password portion is to setup discord password, cause if discord asks my email password, then nobody will ever use their services any more.
Another thing is that I like Firefox browser but it is just sometimes certain website doesn't support it, causing page load incomplete.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...