Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
20 replies   4532 views

Description

Almost exactly a year since d2r first launched and I've finally made my first Fortitude. I know that's not very exciting for those of you who bathe in a giant tub of luxurious Bers every evening, but it felt like quite an achievement for me, given the limited time I get to play and the subsequent slow progress I have made.

There's no point to this topic really, other than to say thanks to this great community. I've made much better progress since I joined and learnt a lot in the process. Who knew you could trade a load of pgems for
Ist
runes? Well apparently everyone except me, but at least my slow old brain is getting there too. :)

P.S. the roll was bad (26 res) but I really don't care, as more of a melee man than a caster type, it was the last piece of the puzzle for a few of my builds.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Almost exactly a year since d2r first launched and I've finally made my first Fortitude. I know that's not very exciting for those of you who bathe in a giant tub of luxurious Bers every evening, but it felt like quite an achievement for me, given the limited time I get to play and the subsequent slow progress I have made.

There's no point to this topic really, other than to say thanks to this great community. I've made much better progress since I joined and learnt a lot in the process. Who knew you could trade a load of pgems for
Ist
runes? Well apparently everyone except me, but at least my slow old brain is getting there too. :)

P.S. the roll was bad (26 res) but I really don't care, as more of a melee man than a caster type, it was the last piece of the puzzle for a few of my builds.

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!

Nate 535

Switch
Congrats! I recently made my first one too, it really rounds out any physical damage character, my bowazon Fury Druid, smiter and throwing barb can now do some serious damage!
Congrats!
How about the + to life?
It is more important than all res.

Relax and have fun!
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
Congrats!
How about the + to life?
It is more important than all res.
The +life doesn't vary, because it's based on character level. The only thing that varies on Fort is the all res (25 to 30). runewords/fortitude-t1232.html

To the OP, congrats. I rolled my own fort for the first time just a couple months ago, making it (11 months?) since I started D2R back in late 2021 and playing casually that I've finally gotten the proper HR and made it.
halflife wrote: 1 year ago

The +life doesn't vary, because it's based on character level. The only thing that varies on Fort is the all res (25 to 30). runewords/fortitude-t1232.html

Code: Select all

The "+X To Life (Based on Character Level)" modifier is randomly set to one of the following values: 

1 / 1.125 / 1.25 / 1.375 / 1.5 
That is what I asked.

Relax and have fun!
OP
I've got +112 life on a level 82 bowa so I guess that makes it 1.5?

mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
halflife wrote: 1 year ago

Code: Select all

The "+X To Life (Based on Character Level)" modifier is randomly set to one of the following values: 

1 / 1.125 / 1.25 / 1.375 / 1.5 
That is what I asked.
I see. I was not aware of that variance. Thanks for clarifying!

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
Janet the Java wrote: 1 year ago
I've got +112 life on a level 82 bowa so I guess that makes it 1.5?
Sorry that 1.375 life per level, not 1.5.
OP
Yes, so it is. :p

Nate 535

Switch
Watch out for the repair costs! It’s like 50k / durability

Yikes!

But worth it

Ravoc 123

PC
You can always repair with a
Ral
too.

mhlg 840

Americas PC

Ist

There are no bad rolls when it comes to making a Fortitude, because even the low end of 25% resists is still good. If you had gotten 28%, in the scheme of things it's really not that much better. A single 5% to all resist charm will make up the difference. Congrats!

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
Congrats Janet! I was shaking when I made my first fort for my merc, so I feel ya!

And, whoa, okay I did not know the +X changed! Is that for all plus X or just on fort?

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4
I made my first Fortitude month ago. But my priority was to make: 1) Grief for Smither (to farm Ubers) 2) Infinity for my Javazon 3) and after these - Fortitude for my Java (in future can switch to COH). The question is what to make next: Enigma for FoHDin, Phoenix or COH for my Java. Still dont have
Ber
- need a more hardwork.

Zebot 70

Paladin Americas PC
Conspirator wrote: 1 year ago
I made my first Fortitude month ago. But my priority was to make: 1) Grief for Smither (to farm Ubers) 2) Infinity for my Javazon 3) and after these - Fortitude for my Java (in future can switch to COH). The question is what to make next: Enigma for FoHDin, Phoenix or COH for my Java. Still dont have
Ber
- need a more hardwork.
Enigma. Even for Javazon I started wearing coh, but end up missing the life per kill that Enigma provides. Might lose resist but a few charms takes care of that. Not to mention
Teleport
OP
Thanks for the kind words all, I used my new Fortitude to tackle
Uber Tristram
with the
Frenzy
barb, first time I have tried it solo, no problems at all and rewarded with a 16/20 barb torch, as if it was meant to be. :)

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC

Ist

Grats!
The plus side on a (merc) fort roll is...it really doesn't matter because even the worst possible roll is still enough to res-
Cap
the merc you put it on. And even if it isn't for your merc, the ED is still glorious, no matter what.

As for that bath in luxurious Bers...don't expect too much out of that if you plan on getting there. They're kind of scratchy and hard. Just because Scrooge McDuck makes it look so easy doesn't mean diving into a pool of rock solid stuff actually is. :)

davme_mcreg wrote: 1 year ago
And, whoa, okay I did not know the +X changed! Is that for all plus X or just on fort?
Nah, that's a fort thing. Most +x/lvl stats have a set value and no variance.

Necrarch 1607Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Thanks for the info as well, as I just realized that my recently rolled Fort is full perfect (30 all res and X factor 1.5) :D

I am in a lucky trend. Wonder what my wife does at home ? ^^

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Ravoc 123

PC
Careful, you're about to jinx yourself :p
GG

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation