Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
79 replies   40045 views

Description

From Blizzard Japan: https://news-blizzard-com.translate.goo ... zzard-news (Google translated)
(Updated) From Blizzard US: https://news.blizzard.com/en-gb/diablo2 ... s-now-live

TLDR:
- PTR maintenance shutdown in less than 10 minutes It's live again!
- Next PTR will end September 20th
- Ladder 1 end / Ladder 2 start on October 6-7th
- New items that remove immunities while lowering your own resistances (double Edge items)
Description by Tetra

Can be used to make Runewords:

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
From Blizzard Japan: https://news-blizzard-com.translate.goo ... zzard-news (Google translated)
(Updated) From Blizzard US: https://news.blizzard.com/en-gb/diablo2 ... s-now-live

TLDR:
- PTR maintenance shutdown in less than 10 minutes It's live again!
- Next PTR will end September 20th
- Ladder 1 end / Ladder 2 start on October 6-7th
- New items that remove immunities while lowering your own resistances (double Edge items)

Bisu 369

PC
Cold Sorc with massive CR reduction on top of immunity removal, and uses
Energy Shield
for self-protection could work nicely?
Native link, changes in red text.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo2 ... s-now-live

The people maintaining this game really hate Barbarians, don't they?

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
It does indeed seem like they have no love for Barbarians.

Prices are not set in Stone feel free to come with an offer.
Fire builds using Flickering Flame don't care much about the –75% Fire Resist from the new
Flame Rift
Resist Fire
Aura gives your 85% to 106%
Resist Fire

Relax and have fun!

louner 197

Europe PC
YES, finally a bowazon buff :D Physical sunder GC will help a lot, she doesn’t care about damage. The same goes for
Energy Shield
sorcs, they do not need immunities that much either

louner wrote: 1 year ago
YES, finally a bowazon buff :D Physical sunder GC will help a lot, she doesn’t care about damage. The same goes for
Energy Shield
sorcs, they do not need immunities that much either
I don't think so. Sunder reduces Physical Immu from 100% to 95%.
Sunder is better for elemental damage.

Relax and have fun!

Bisu 369

PC
The idea of stuffing more charms in the backpack and calling it a fix is just kinda... anti-humanitarian, lol
Emil.Eng wrote: 1 year ago
The real hated character is Sin.
Not a single one in this new PRT!

Relax and have fun!
Bisu wrote: 1 year ago
The idea of stuffing more charms in the backpack and calling it a fix is just kinda... anti-humanitarian, lol
Heh, they've kind of been out of innovative ideas ever since
Uber Tristram
, and it's debatable how innovative that really was.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL

Bisu 369

PC
Snakecharmed wrote: 1 year ago
Heh, they've kind of been out of innovative ideas ever since
Uber Tristram
, and it's debatable how innovative that really was.
LoL, true.

I'm just gonna start planning how I could clear out 18 more slots in my shared stash for those 6 beautiful Sundered charms. Who needs QoL improvements anyway? =p

Schnorki 3188Moderator

PC
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
Emil.Eng wrote: 1 year ago
The real hated character is Sin.
Not a single one in this new PRT!
This.

'"Nothing" for barbs' applies to a crapton of builds to the same extent. Barbs still remain in a far better place overall than druids for example.

The one build truly being ignored here however...is trapsins. While dropping phys immunes to 95 won't make a hell of a difference (thanks to no further reduction for the most part), trapsins actually remain entirely screwed in that approach because a charm-based implementation will give -res to the player which does not carry over to the traps. Well, and pet builds for that matter (so druids yet again as well... ^^).

That having been said..holy cold sorc buff batman! Guaranteed -100% res against every single mob with no immunities ever again? Dayum!
OP

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
I wish Blizzard will remove the casting delay of
Frozen Orb

Schnorki 3188Moderator

PC
I do miss the days of screens flooded with orb spikes on OG FCR sorces.

Though tbh, removing that delay without massive nerfs to it would be a bit nuts by now.
It's almost jarring not seeing "immune to cold" under a monster's name anymore. Lol.

De seis, Countess, Nihla, Lister. Cold sorcs can go anywhere.
So if someone else has this charm and sunders a monster, will I profit of it as well?

On workdays I am generally available for trade from 19:00 CET to 23:00 CET. Weekends variable.
DON'T ADD ME ON BNET WITHOUT POSTING HERE! I WILL NOT ACCEPT FRIEND REQUESTS FROM STRANGERS.
On the other hand, add me after you bid ;)

Schnorki 3188Moderator

PC
Verband wrote: 1 year ago
So if someone else has this charm and sunders a monster, will I profit of it as well?
I'll go out on a limb here and assume they didn't code whole new mechanics for it beyond the auto-math to get to 95. It should hence work the same as any other -res from items meaning it only applies for the person using it.

Fits with the "break specific monster immunity types while the charm is in their inventory" as well.
Hm, don't like the sound of these charms to be honest, first thing they've added since launch of D2R that leaves me feeling cold. Can't quite put my finger on it beyond the fact that I like immunities.

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!

Schnorki 3188Moderator

PC
Just took a quick look at them charms on PTR and noticed something else that's quite interesting that doesn't seem to be in the updated notes:
There's more than 1
Terror
zone at a time now (had 3, shifting to 2 after that). Liking that. Though the 3rd in "3" was
Baal
's chamber, not sure that really counts... :D

As for the actual charms:
I will say it fits the general D2 idea of "KILL MASS STUFF FAST!" but tbh, taking away immunities may be taking it too far for some builds. Especially those that already plow through everything but the most resilient of immunes.
Does it even out the playing field in that regard? Yes.
Does it make overall imbalance even more obvious in doing so? Yes.
Does it make me kind of chuckle because I already don't use a single Infinity across all my chars? Also yes.
Does it not work for traps as expected? I'll assume yes, seeing how assassins are being ignored so hard, they're literally the only class that doesn't even get a PTR character..at all..not one..
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Does it make me kind of chuckle because I already don't use a single Infinity across all my chars? Also yes.
This brings up the next question: Will Infinity count after or before the charm? I hope before. That would very much degrade Infinity.

On workdays I am generally available for trade from 19:00 CET to 23:00 CET. Weekends variable.
DON'T ADD ME ON BNET WITHOUT POSTING HERE! I WILL NOT ACCEPT FRIEND REQUESTS FROM STRANGERS.
On the other hand, add me after you bid ;)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...